Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
....and boom goes the dynamite.
Hell yes. Titans LOSE to the Texans. Pittsburgh beats the Ravens in one of the best games all year, even if it was marred by some questionable refereeing. Yeah, the TD was dicey. But the Steelers got boned by the no-call pass interference in first quarter when Fabian Washington was all over the receiver Nate Washington. I only wish I could afford tickets to the Super Bowl to see Pittsburgh own whoever comes out of the NFC.. especially if it's the Giants. Then everyone will see who's really the toughest team in the NFL. Anyway, just felt like gloating a little bit.

And hey, the Lions almost looked competitive, too. Megatron's coming along nicely, and Orlovsky was serviceable. They still need to take Bradford, Tebow or Harrel next year, assuming at least one of them comes out.

[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]

I don't think this violates any rules, but I apologize if it does. Won't hurt my feelings if the pic is removed. Just pumped after the biggest win of the year.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Nope. They need to take two lineman with the first rounders. Haven't we learned from all the other skill positions players we're taken.
Ah, but that was with Marinelli and Millen in charge. Millen was never able to put together a staff that could develop talent with any consistancy. And look at last year's first rounder, Cherilus. He's really not that good, and wouldn't be close to starting on most other NFL teams. If they clean house and get the right people in (luring Pioli from New England would be a hell of a catch) the right places in the front office, they could develop a team. I pray Cowher doesn't accept the offer he's sure to get.. I'd hate to see him ruin his legacy like that. And quite frankly, if Bradford were to come out, he looks like he could be worth the #1 pick. If not, they could trade down and still get Tebow and pick up another second rounder.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Getting Pioli would be huge, If they keep the number one I think they should take Smith from Alabama. I don't think Tebow will amount to anything in the league. I don't think throws nearly well enough.

Cowher is going to go somewhere, why not the D. I can't remember what show I was listening too, but I heard that Cleveland was going to throw 7-8 million at him to run the whole show there.
I'm obviously a big Pittsburgh fan, and I love the fact Cowher went out near the top, a year after winning the Super Bowl and then winning his division again before retiring. It'd be awesome to see him rebuild a team like Detroit from nothing and mold them into a contender. I just don't think he'd get the patience from Ford, Jr. that he got from Art Rooney. If Ford the younger will be the acting owner, he's going to want results sooner rather than later, and I would hate to see Cowher's rep tarnished with a few losing seasons with Detroit. At least if he did end up in Cleveland, he has a lot of talent on offense (Edwards, Stallworth, Winslow, Lewis, maybe Quinn, and a solid OT in Joe Thomas) to work with. The Browns defense needs to be rebuilt, but he knows that side of the ball better than most.

If the Lions want Smith, I'm willing to bet they could drop down a few spots to get him and another second or third round pick. If Bradford were to enter the draft, which is highly unlikely, I would be comfortable with them taking him at #1. However, if they could trade down in the 10-15 range, I think Tebow would be a solid pick. Yes, he's not a pure throwing quarterback.. but he's aggressive, a leader, and an ass-kicker. Who's the last qb in Detroit you could say that about? Hell, Matt Ryan wasn't even the best passer in his conference statistically and look at Atlanta.. 9-4, aiming for a wildcard after the entire team imploded the previous season. What about Joe Flacco? Delaware might as well be a d-2 football school, and while Baltimore's defense does most of the talking, even Ray Lewis respects his ability to take command of the offense.

Getting back to the Steelers, Roethlisberger isn't going to be confused with Tom Brady, John Elway or Joe Montana, but he goes balls-out and leads his team. I think that's what the Lions need.. a vocal leader who makes good decisions and plays tough. Detroit has a chance to start fresh, and bringing in a rookie qb who knows how to lead AND has the backing of the current coach and/or GM would be an excellent way to make that start. Anyway, that's my long-winded opinion.