Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
douche bag cars
So.... can you explain your connection between H2's and crown Vic's?? Undecided
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:So.... can you explain your connection between H2's and crown Vic's?? Undecided

four wheels. pay attention, brah.
Any Buick is worse, because it is likely bein driven by a 70 year old who won't get the Eff out of the left had lane.
I also have to weigh in. Maybe you should grow a pair and not be so scared about doing 5 over or passing someone who isn't a cop. I think it's people like you that would give me road rage. The type that slow down to 10 under the speed limit as they pass a cop who already has someone pulled over. It is absolutely a legitimate fear that the cop will leave the person they already have to come get you.
crackerdrunk Wrote:make you sweet bullets

I love it when people make me sweet bullets. Very tasty!
Mad Dog Wrote:So.... can you explain your connection between H2's and crown Vic's?? Undecided

I think he means that the Crown Vics are the top douchebag cars in his opinion.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I gotta go with the people who've bought the new, "greener" Escalade. Because 20mpg instead of 14 makes all the difference in the world. If you wanna make a difference, go buy a Prius or some other econo-car.. or at least just stop pretending like you care.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Admin Wrote:

I think he means that the Crown Vics are the top douchebag cars in his opinion.

Oh I get it!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I gotta go with the people who've bought the new, "greener" Escalade. Because 20mpg instead of 14 makes all the difference in the world. If you wanna make a difference, go buy a Prius or some other econo-car.. or at least just stop pretending like you care.

It's how you drive, not what you drive. Now I don't know if all that shit about the Prius leaving a bigger carbon footprint is true or not it'd have to be the last car on earth for me to drive it.

I was a little disappointed that the biggest d-bag car wasn't a Mercedes.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I gotta go with the people who've bought the new, "greener" Escalade. Because 20mpg instead of 14 makes all the difference in the world. If you wanna make a difference, go buy a Prius or some other econo-car.. or at least just stop pretending like you care.

It's how you drive, not what you drive. Now I don't know if all that shit about the Prius leaving a bigger carbon footprint is true or not it'd have to be the last car on earth for me to drive it.

A lot of people probably said the same about Camaros.

For the record, I love the Camaro and have been saving up since they announced they were re-releasing it.
You should be happy that these people are doing this. This is part of the reason that gas is under $2 a gallon, instead of over $4.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
burnking Wrote:
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:It's how you drive, not what you drive. Now I don't know if all that shit about the Prius leaving a bigger carbon footprint is true or not it'd have to be the last car on earth for me to drive it.

A lot of people probably said the same about Camaros.

For the record, I love the Camaro and have been saving up since they announced they were re-releasing it.

Probably but I bet they don't about an 03 Maliboob lol
Quote:You should be happy that these people are doing this. This is part of the reason that gas is under $2 a gallon, instead of over $4.

So because people are driving hybrids, gas got cut in half?
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:You should be happy that these people are doing this. This is part of the reason that gas is under $2 a gallon, instead of over $4.

So because people are driving hybrids, gas got cut in half?

I said it's PART of the reason.

Whatever you do, don't read all of the words written.

It's simple supply and demand. Less gas being used (people driving hybrids, carpooling, walking, etc) equals more supply. When supply is high, and demand is low, prices go down.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Any 80's and 90's camaro Smile

80's and 90's Mustang 5.0 GT

Anyone driving a 4 wheel drive that has never seen 4 a dirt road let alone mud.

Anyone driving a Tahoe, Escalade, Suburban. (Unless you have 10 kids)

Tuners
airhornahole Wrote:Anyone driving a 4 wheel drive that has never seen 4 a dirt road let alone mud.

Since I live on a dirtroad and thus never wash my truck does this make me the anti-douche?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Anyone driving a 4 wheel drive that has never seen 4 a dirt road let alone mud.

Since I live on a dirtroad and thus never wash my truck does this make me the anti-douche?

You and me both. Why wash it when it will be dirty again by the time you get home? Preach on.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

No, just a redneck. Wink
airhornahole Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Since I live on a dirtroad and thus never wash my truck does this make me the anti-douche?

You and me both. Why wash it when it will be dirty again by the time you get home? Preach on.

I was telling someone that the next truck i buy was going to be 'dirt road tan'. My 6 yo son said "uhh..dad they don't make that color' (like duh)
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Quote:It's simple supply and demand. Less gas being used (people driving hybrids, carpooling, walking, etc) equals more supply. When supply is high, and demand is low, prices go down.

Oh, is that what supply and demand is? I thought it meant that because people use less gasoline in the winter months than the summer months, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Pedantic little bastard, aren't ya?
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:It's simple supply and demand. Less gas being used (people driving hybrids, carpooling, walking, etc) equals more supply. When supply is high, and demand is low, prices go down.

Oh, is that what supply and demand is? I thought it meant that because people use less gasoline in the winter months than the summer months, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Pedantic little bastard, aren't ya?

Yeah, that must be it. You're right. I completely forgot how the last few winters the price of gas has fallen to less than half the price it was just a couple of months earlier.

I missed this somehow. What about the the people that live in the north and have to deal with snow and ice?
It hasn't fallen that far every winter, because it wasn't as artifically inflated in the peak seasons. It has very little to do with the impact of hybrids. Yes, it's part. But there aren't nearly as many hybrids on the road as would be required to cut fuel prices in half.
burnking Wrote:

I missed this somehow. What about the the people that live in the north and have to deal with snow and ice?

Mud, ice, snow. Same thing. My point is that the majority of 4 wheel drive's being leased in the US are never put into 4 wheel drive. This is based on a study I saw in a auto dealer peridoical "Automotive News".
hotzester Wrote:It hasn't fallen that far every winter, because it wasn't as artifically inflated in the peak seasons. It has very little to do with the impact of hybrids. Yes, it's part. But there aren't nearly as many hybrids on the road as would be required to cut fuel prices in half.

agreed, market driven prices + falling market = cheap gas.

People are hurting and driving less, carpooling more, that is some of it. But I feel the majority is that it was market driven prices, they knew a economic depression was coming so they sold high, and now the fuel prices are dropping (have dropped) because of it.
hotzester Wrote:It hasn't fallen that far every winter, because it wasn't as artifically inflated in the peak seasons. It has very little to do with the impact of hybrids. Yes, it's part. But there aren't nearly as many hybrids on the road as would be required to cut fuel prices in half.

Welcome to the conversation.... that's what I have been saying all along!!!

Rock Monster Wrote:You should be happy that these people are doing this. This is part of the reason that gas is under $2 a gallon, instead of over $4.

Rock Monster Wrote:I said it's PART of the reason.
airhornahole Wrote:
burnking Wrote:I missed this somehow. What about the the people that live in the north and have to deal with snow and ice?

Mud, ice, snow. Same thing. My point is that the majority of 4 wheel drive's being leased in the US are never put into 4 wheel drive. This is based on a study I saw in a auto dealer peridoical "Automotive News".

driving in mud, snow and ice are three different worlds. I would rather have our front wheel drive Malibu in any on road applications. I can count the times I have ever used my 4 wheel drive on my truck, but I didn't buy it for that reason.
jus' P Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Mud, ice, snow. Same thing. My point is that the majority of 4 wheel drive's being leased in the US are never put into 4 wheel drive. This is based on a study I saw in a auto dealer peridoical "Automotive News".

driving in mud, snow and ice are three different worlds. I would rather have our front wheel drive Malibu in any on road applications. I can count the times I have ever used my 4 wheel drive on my truck, but I didn't buy it for that reason.

I like my all wheel drive. My point was, I don't understand why people are spending the money on a 4 wheel drive vehicle when they never use it. Save the cash, get over the "keeping up with the Joneses", and buy the car that will suit your NEEDS. But hey, if people want to waste their money, I guess it's their choice.
I agree that part of the reason for falling prices is the increased supply/lowered demand, I just don't agree that hybrid vehicles are more than a small fraction of a reason.
jus' P Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Mud, ice, snow. Same thing. My point is that the majority of 4 wheel drive's being leased in the US are never put into 4 wheel drive. This is based on a study I saw in a auto dealer peridoical "Automotive News".

Sometimes a car just can't get you around here in Michigan, with the lake effect snow. I have been stuck home from work a couple of times because I was stuck. If I 4-wheel drive, it wouldn't have been a problem at all.
I have a 4x4 that has never seen "mud". It goes like a raped ape through snow and is high enough off the road to afford safety for my family and me.

Win.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I have a 4x4 that has never seen "mud". It goes like a raped ape through snow and is high enough off the road to afford safety for my family and me.

Win.

You could've spent less money on the same vehicle with 2 wheel drive. Yeah, the ground clearance may be less, but if my wife can get around with the tank of a minivan she has which only offers 8" of clearance, so can anyone else.

Dealer win.
airhornahole Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I have a 4x4 that has never seen "mud". It goes like a raped ape through snow and is high enough off the road to afford safety for my family and me.

Win.

You could've spent less money on the same vehicle with 2 wheel drive. Yeah, the ground clearance may be less, but if my wife can get around with the tank of a minivan she has which only offers 8" of clearance, so can anyone else.

The obvious question is if it goes like a raped ape.
airhornahole Wrote:

Win.

Dealer win.

General question, are 2WD pick-ups RWD?
Rock Monster Wrote:
You should be happy that these people are doing this. This is part of the reason that gas is under $2 a gallon, instead of over $4.

For the record, I'm not saying it's bad that people are driving more fuel-economical vehicles. I'm saying it's asinine to claim you're doing your part to save the environment and lead a greener liftestyle by driving a massive vehicle. And even if it means I believe in a stereotype, I'm willing to bet at least two-thirds of the people who drive a vehicle that big don't need to. THAT is my major complaint.

I have three kids in carseats, and I fit them all in the backseat of my 2000 Chevy Impala.. which I can get 400+ miles to a 15 gallon tank on a road trip from west Michigan to Philly. Hell, even if all I do is city driving to work and back, I can still get between 280 and 300.. so I go two, almost three, weeks without filling up. Before you get on me about that being only 20mpg, that's CITY. The Escalade hybrid and its ilk only get 20 if they're lucky on the highway and only 12 at best while doing city driving.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
airhornahole Wrote:You could've spent less money on the same vehicle with 2 wheel drive. Yeah, the ground clearance may be less, but if my wife can get around with the tank of a minivan she has which only offers 8" of clearance, so can anyone else.

Dealer win.

1. Height isn't as important as size. My step-sister was killed in a car accident just before I bought the truck and everyone in my family bought larger vehicles for safety purposes. Win.

2. RWD trucks in winter are crap. Win.

3. My car is FWD and isn't any fun in winter either. Lose.

4. I bought it at an auction. Win.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
burnking Wrote:General question, are 2WD pick-ups RWD?

Yes. Lose.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Does this mean I can draw?
hotzester Wrote:Does this mean I can draw?

I don't know how artistically inclined you are.
Admin Wrote:
burnking Wrote:General question, are 2WD pick-ups RWD?

Yes. Lose.

Another point for you. 2WD pickups have awful traction.