Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Believe in God
Jo Wrote:
cuppie Wrote:Death and disease were never in God's original plans for humanity.

Gods plan:

1. make people in my likeness, giving them free will and temptation.

2. hope for the best.

Indeed that is correct. Free will. You choose to believe or not. God does not mettle in the affairs of men. You chose your behaviors. You touched on "God lets kid's get cancer". That is a good topic. But I disagree. I think, and mind you this is just my opinion, that AIDS, Cancer and many other horrible things of the same nature were made by man. Men are capable of great evil, you forget the devil is a trickster, he does not directly interfere either. But he does use the power of temptation to persuade you to make the WRONG choice. That's just what I think.
If I were the Devil, I would want to interfere directly. It would be just too tempting.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
powerface71 Wrote:
Jo Wrote:Gods plan:

1. make people in my likeness, giving them free will and temptation.

2. hope for the best.

Indeed that is correct. Free will. You choose to believe or not. God does not mettle in the affairs of men. You chose your behaviors. You touched on "God lets kid's get cancer". That is a good topic. But I disagree. I think, and mind you this is just my opinion, that AIDS, Cancer and many other horrible things of the same nature were made by man. Men are capable of great evil, you forget the devil is a trickster, he does not directly interfere either. But he does use the power of temptation to persuade you to make the WRONG choice. That's just what I think.
You think like me, therefore your right. ;D
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
holy shit, i thought the spaghetti monster was a joke
[Image: fsm2_175x125.jpg]

I didn't know that there were people out there that truly believed this is real. http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.htm..._page_id=2
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:holy shit, i thought the spaghetti monster was a joke

I didn't know that there were people out there that truly believed this is real. http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.htm..._page_id=2

"Some people remain Spagnostic"

That is effing hilarious.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Quite the necro-bump.

But yes I have the Spaghetti book. It's awesome.
Philly Mike Wrote:holy shit, i thought the spaghetti monster was a joke

He wanted to dress like a pirate, and using religion as an excuse is almost too easy so he figured he would go for it. Too bad they made him change.
Atheist here.
I've tried to call myself agnostic just because it feels bad to say "I don't believe in God", but in my heart I really don't think any of it is real. Religion just seems to me to be a bunch of stories made up for people who can't handle mortality and unexplainable questions. I'm ok with not knowing everything and that there are things in life we will never have answers to. Certain things about believing in God I like, just because sometimes it can make someone a much better person, but it also brings out a whole lot of ugly in people. None of it is very impressive to me I guess, if all the the sudden we learned the truth either way I think I'd just say "meh" and not be surprised. There's no proof it is true, but there's no proof it can't be...I guess it's all about what you feel inside, and I'm more logical than faithful.
The next day my alarm goes off and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense I JIZZED IN MY PANTS
SmartyPants Wrote:I've tried to call myself agnostic just because it feels bad to say "I don't believe in God", but in my heart I really don't think any of it is real. Religion just seems to me to be a bunch of stories made up for people who can't handle mortality and unexplainable questions. I'm ok with not knowing everything and that there are things in life we will never have answers to. Certain things about believing in God I like, just because sometimes it can make someone a much better person, but it also brings out a whole lot of ugly in people. None of it is very impressive to me I guess, if all the the sudden we learned the truth either way I think I'd just say "meh" and not be surprised. There's no proof it is true, but there's no proof it can't be...I guess it's all about what you feel inside, and I'm more logical than faithful.

I like you already Smartypants.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"