Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallbanians Unite!
This thread is for Capital Region NY listeners.
Here we can complain about upstate FB&HW stuff.
Especially about the WQBK internet feed and that BJ guy!
Speaking of sentences I'll never say again:

I like BJ in the morning a hell of a lot more than I liked Flounder!
hotzester Wrote:Speaking of sentences I'll never say again:

I like BJ in the morning a hell of a lot more than I liked Flounder!

Maybe it's just a regional preference, but I have to say, a BJ in the morning sounds a lot better than a Flounder in the morning
Wowie Groovie !
I'd have to imagine it would depend which end you're on.
Either way, better a BJ than a Flounder
Can I just vent about the ass-hat who decided it would be a good idea to start the "Rock-Goddess" rock news... Is it just me or does Kristen Lee sound like she is special ed?
I turn the station the second this stupid segment comes on.
OMG SHE IS HORRIBLE!!!
That is so funny...I was driving to work this morning thinking, wtf is this ho talking so slow
Ugh she is terrible! Rock Goddess news...Stupid!

Sorry BJ - You're too amateurish - What ever happened to Flounder? Why only weekends?
YES! She talks so slowly... like your kid sister who is trying to sound all grown-up and sultry around your friends.... or just a drunk idiot!
I hate that Rock-Goddess break too. Luckily I'm usually getting to work right around then and it gives me just enough time to get to my office and fire up the feed from GRD without missing any of the hilarity.
BTW Morrigan, I love the Tux avatar. Linux Rules!!
Checking in from a little north of Albany, in Malta.
amsterico here.and the rock goddess crista leigh makes me want shove a pen in my ear.
yggfoodorder Wrote:Checking in from a little north of Albany, in Malta.

Heeey, that's where I live!
Thankfully the supposed "Rock Goddess" only seems to come on air as I'm leaving my office...
benpet76 Wrote:amsterico here.and the rock goddess crista leigh makes me want shove a pen in my ear.

HAH!! I love that! That is exactly how I feel - like I need something sharp jammed into my head!

Just west of Smallbany, Rotterdam checking in here. But I went to college long enough in Albany, I'm good!
The rock goddess needs to go, she's awful!
How do we get rid of her then?
Email the station, I guess.
Yep, let the station know. The only way they will know that she causes ears to bleed is to tell them.
And let's not forget, a few calls = 1 million calls in the program director's eyes.
Well.... I happen to think the Rock Goddess is pretty awesome!

For obvious reasons. ;-)
Crista Leigh Wrote:Well.... I happen to think the Rock Goddess is pretty awesome!

For obvious reasons. ;-)

people don't like you.
Crista Leigh Wrote:Well.... I happen to think the Rock Goddess is pretty awesome!

For obvious reasons. ;-)

Apparently, you suck. Your probably just like most other DJ's. And the reason I, and many others, don't listen to the radio when FB&HW is over.
airhornahole Wrote:

For obvious reasons. ;-)

Apparently, you suck. Your probably just like most other DJ's. And the reason I, and many others, don't listen to the radio when FB&HW is over.

I don't listen to the radio because I don't need to hear the same 7 songs on repeat all day.
airhornahole Wrote:

For obvious reasons. ;-)

Try taking a listen some time. For every critic, there's 10 supporters. Let me know what you think! www.q103albany.com. :-)
Jo Wrote:

For obvious reasons. ;-)

people don't like you.

Lots of people like me! My mom likes me... my grandma... my boyfriend... this kid i used to sit next to in the third grade... the creepy guy at the deli where i buy my turkey every sunday morning...
Crista Leigh Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Apparently, you suck. Your probably just like most other DJ's. And the reason I, and many others, don't listen to the radio when FB&HW is over.

Try taking a listen some time. For every critic, there's 10 supporters. Let me know what you think! www.q103albany.com. :-)

In my opinion, all the music being produced today sucks. I haven't heard an original band or sound since the Seattle scene swept through in the early 90's. All music sounds the same. A bunch of meaningless drivel that's not worth wasting my time to listen to.

As for the DJ's who play this crap, I understand that it's your job and you have to play what your told, but for the most part you are all uninteresting and even worse to listen to than the music. You try to make cute comments and fail miserably.

Today's radio sucks. Plain and simple.
airhornahole Wrote:In my opinion, all the music being produced today sucks. I haven't heard an original band or sound since the Seattle scene swept through in the early 90's. All music sounds the same. A bunch of meaningless drivel that's not worth wasting my time to listen to.

As for the DJ's who play this crap, I understand that it's your job and you have to play what your told, but for the most part you are all uninteresting and even worse to listen to than the music. You try to make cute comments and fail miserably.

Today's radio sucks. Plain and simple.

After reading the first paragraph, I was immediately going to fire back and say that it's not all music being produced, it's all music you hear on the radio. Thankfully I read on and you clarified. I agree in that I can't really stand to listen to the radio anymore between the overplayed songs and STUPID commercials knocking satellite radio.
Crista, can you just try talking faster?
Mud Room Donna Wrote:Crista, can you just try talking faster?

Haha, I'm working on it! I came from doing all-music radio.. not really used to the whole talk thing.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Saratoga checking in! Big Grin
Clifton Park/Albany...
Jay Wrote:Clifton Park/Albany...

Well which one is it? That's like saying ketchup/mustard
Anyone from PLO-ughkeepsie?
burnking Wrote:
Jay Wrote:Clifton Park/Albany...

Well which one is it? That's like saying ketchup/mustard

Depends. Clifton Park mainly. But in film school in Rochester.... so I'm also a podcaster. Pretty crazy.
Who's going to Larkfest or Irishfest this weekend?