Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Christmas Present Ever
I keep seeing the car commercial that begins with the gaming system the kid received as being the best present ever. Then the big wheel, and eventually the car.

So what is the best present you have received for Christmas?

I remember getting a "candy-striped" nightgown the night before, and when I woke up the next morning, I got a baby doll with the same nightgown on. I was so happy I cried.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
[Image: tonka.jpg]

In the background.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
This is a cool post. Best Christmas gift. Um...anytime anyone gives me cash, or the Cabbage Patch kids I got.....more my style than the cat sweaters. LOL
Admin Wrote:[Image: tonka.jpg]

In the background.

you were a cute kid!

what happened?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Tonka truck!! Awesome!!! I played with my brother's. Is that your sister behind you?

And how about the "flyer" that comes with a new toy that shows all the other toys that are similar? Then you want a loader and a skidder and a excavator and a bulldozer . . . and you have to have a semi to haul them all on . . .

wook at wittle biffy . . . cute
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Admin Wrote:[Image: tonka.jpg]

In the background.

That is an awesome gift. Cute picture.
I don't remember a single Christmas gift growing up. Now I just get cash and underwear (Mom thinks it's funny)

So I guess, none.

I take that back. My daughter made me a pen/pencil holder at school with her picture and fake plastic jewels on it. I still use it at home. That's my favorite.
Mine was a football card, only about 8-10 years ago.

My mom always put a pack of football cards in my bother and my stockings. She pulled me aside the night before to tell me that she had bought an older pack for each of us, hoping that one of us got the Favre rookie card that my brother wanted. She suggested that I hide it and give it to him for his b-day in January. I was thinking, "OK... like one of us are actually going to get that card." Well, I got it. I was so nervous that he would find out, I was shaking. Then he asked to see what cards I got. I quickly slid out the card, and took it up to my room. He never found out, and was shocked on his b-day, because he knew I couldn't afford the card.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:Mine was a football card, only about 8-10 years ago.

My mom always put a pack of football cards in my bother and my stockings. She pulled me aside the night before to tell me that she had bought an older pack for each of us, hoping that one of us got the Favre rookie card that my brother wanted. She suggested that I hide it and give it to him for his b-day in January. I was thinking, "OK... like one of us are actually going to get that card." Well, I got it. I was so nervous that he would find out, I was shaking. Then he asked to see what cards I got. I quickly slid out the card, and took it up to my room. He never found out, and was shocked on his b-day, because he knew I couldn't afford the card.

That is so sweet.
When I was in 7th grade one of my teachers had us write essays about what we wanted most for christmas. I really wanted a kitten. I had never been allowed one, but I wrote about how much I wanted one and how much it would mean to me. Then our teacher mailed the essays to our parents (without us knowing). I got a kitten that christmas, with a big red bow on it. I named it Noel.
sunshyne Wrote:When I was in 7th grade one of my teachers had us write essays about what we wanted most for christmas. I really wanted a kitten. I had never been allowed one, but I wrote about how much I wanted one and how much it would mean to me. Then our teacher mailed the essays to our parents (without us knowing). I got a kitten that christmas, with a big red bow on it. I named it Noel.

Awwww....
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I can't really remember any gifts from my childhood. In recent memory My wife and son bought me a leathermoon multi tool that i've wore nearly everyday and that has come in super handy. Also my son when he was 4 or so picked out a money clip for me on ebay (with mom's help) Has the Punisher logo on it (as noted before, i'm a big Marvel nerd) I use that nearly every day as well.

I take more joy in giving than getting. I tell everyone to skip me and my wife and to spend money on my kids instead, and then I want to go out and spend 3x what we budget for each person.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
My In-laws just bought us insulation, sheet rock, and counter tops. That's up there along with my Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle. mine was a late 70's version. Hours and Hours of use out of that. [Image: ektoys.jpg]
Khef, yours reminds me of one of my brother's favorite Christmas gifts (and I loved it too)!

He always beat me though . . .

[Image: rockem_sockem_robots.jpg]
I also had the Tonka crane at about the same age. It was a real trick to get the scoop to open/close. Atari or the sears version when I was 12/13 was probably best. It was over budget, ( my mom gave us a limit) but I/we got it anyway. Played Adventure and Space Invaders for days on end...

that reminds me, got to go!!
Ummm.... My husband bought me an awesome wooly coat one year from a hippy store back when I was only 18 years old, and I still wear it to this day... other than that, I don't really remember my gifts from when I was a kid growing up really... even less when I became a teenager...
Most of my teenage years are cloudy anymore... I wonder what the hell I did with my life back then.... and my money....
Queenie Wrote:Is that your sister behind you?

I don't think so. She wouldn't have been born yet and my other sisters were significantly older.

Khef Wrote:M[Image: ektoys.jpg]

I'll bet that thing was cool. I always wanted to get a remote control motorcycle.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I think my wife is getting me a Nintendo DS, which would be sweet cause I have been wanting one but I don't think she knew.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
My husband and I are hopefully getting the Wii Guitar Hero, with the drum set, microphone, etc. from his mom and Nannie. We'll be rocking out Chrismas day.
for me it had to be the first year i learned what Christmas was and the idea of gifts sounded like the greatest thing. i was like the Nintendo 64 kid from Youtube when i saw all the presents and started unwrapping them.

it was the bestest My Little Pony i ever did see.
sunshyne Wrote:My husband and I are hopefully getting the Wii Guitar Hero, with the drum set, microphone, etc. from his mom and Nannie. We'll be rocking out Chrismas day.
I want to get Rockband. I never played that until about a month ago. It's effin sweet!!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:My husband and I are hopefully getting the Wii Guitar Hero, with the drum set, microphone, etc. from his mom and Nannie. We'll be rocking out Chrismas day.
I want to get Rockband. I never played that until about a month ago. It's effin sweet!!

i'm wanting the drum kit for 2...i don't play the guitar much. I think I may be getting RB2 (just the disk not the kit) for Christmas.

I've been such a good boy! Tongue
My husband will play the drums (I will if he'll let me) and I'm going to do the singing part, and maybe if I can be coordinated enough I can play the guitar too. We tried the rockband out at Best Buy, but we just like Guitar Hero better.
sunshyne Wrote:My husband will play the drums (I will if he'll let me) and I'm going to do the singing part, and maybe if I can be coordinated enough I can play the guitar too. We tried the rockband out at Best Buy, but we just like Guitar Hero better.
My wife likes GH better too. I just like singing so everyone can hear my awful voice...and I like making an ass of myself!
Jiggy Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:My husband will play the drums (I will if he'll let me) and I'm going to do the singing part, and maybe if I can be coordinated enough I can play the guitar too. We tried the rockband out at Best Buy, but we just like Guitar Hero better.
My wife likes GH better too. I just like singing so everyone can hear my awful voice...and I like making an ass of myself!

Let me preface this by saying that I have never played any of the games.... I know how you score with the Guitar, and I'm assuming the Drums are the same. How do you score while singing?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The words run across the bottom like kareoke (sp) but there are 'bars' that run along with the words in the song. The bars show you in length how long the word lasts and in height up and down the scale the pitch you need to match.

there is a little arrow that shows where your pitch is compared to the staff, octives don't matter.

picture too big to post here

Lucky.....
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
As a kid it was the Cabbage Patch Kids and my sisters and I got the whole set...dolls, clothes, playpen, diaper bag, strollers....we were recently cleaning out the shed and found most of it. Brought back alot of good memories....

This year I got the girls some big doll houses, like Barbie dream house size, the effers 4 1/2 feet tall...took me almost 3 hours to put it together...and they asked for Littlest Pet Shop and Baby Born To Swim. Every Christmas they say it's the best one ever...I think we finally outdid outselves...looks like Santa threw up in my living room when everything is unwrapped....I love Christmas!!! ;D
I remember one year my parents let me open a gift early on Christmas Eve. It was this huge micro machines town with a bunch of cars. I didn't care about the rest of the gifts after that. Note to parents: Give the best gift last. This should just be common sense, but obviously my parents didn't get the memo.
It wasn't a present so much as a great realization of how lucky and loved I am...after a very long and hard year last year. I am blessed to have such wonderful family, friends, two crazy dogs and my husband.
I've gotten sooo many good gifts over the years its hard to narrow it down. My parents got me the original Nintendo Entertainment System back in....86' or so. I thought it was the best thing in the world. My chick always gets me cool stuff. Nowadays I dig giftcards. Easy, done.
Gift cards are great for teenagers. I love giving practical presents to people...I listen so I know what someone really needs or wants and I give it...example my mother loves to cook, LOVES Rachael Ray, needs kitchen towels and new pot holders, the woman has some towel/pot holder thingie...I know she'll love it and use the hell out of it.
Best gift I got was when Chris and I were talking about Christmas pasts, and Chris told me something to make me know he wasn't as angelic as I thought he was. His gift to me this year was to tell me how he hijacked his Nintendo gift before Christmas, and rewrapped (with a weight in it) and played it before Christmas, and his parents never knew....great to know he has a deviant side.
my grandpop always gave me money for Christmas, he would say, "its the right color, and always fits"
sunshyne Wrote:my grandpop always gave me money for Christmas, he would say, "its the right color, and always fits"

Your Grandpa made a very wise statement.
I got a Pittsburgh Steelers BMX style bike with(Bradshaw)#12 on it. However the first 2 months it had L.A. Rams logos and Deacon Jones's number on it, due to back order. The bike was heavy as hell, and said not recommended for dirt trails and jumps. I proved that wrong.
Best gift ever ?

My Sears Free Spirit 3 speed bike. I rode that thing everywhere that summer.

I'm thinking about getting my niece a Tonka Truck or two this year.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Best gift ever ?

My Sears Free Spirit 3 speed bike. I rode that thing everywhere that summer.

I'm thinking about getting my niece a Tonka Truck or two this year.

Absolutely! I used to love playing with trucks, but my brothers had a different idea . . .
I loved horses as a kid as most little girls do so I was ecstatic when Santa left me this:

[Image: 106586_1001_PI.jpg]
That's what she said.
Don't blame you, that is an awesome toy.