Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Seen on TV
Which of you have purchased an informercial product? I've chosen to word it that way to include products you might have bought at a brick and mortar store that could have also been purchased through the infomercial.

My informercial product purchases have been pretty slim, but here's a list with their outcomes:

- Ronco Showtime Rotisserie. I used to be an insurance agent, and one of my clients had two sitting on his counter, so I struck up a conversation with him about them. He swore by them. After hearing me mention it many times, my wife bought one for my birthday last year. I LOVE IT. I don't use it nearly as much as I'd like to, but it's the best kitchen tool I've ever used.

-Hercules Hooks. I didn't technically buy these. My mom did, and gave me a handful. They're pretty slick. Plus you don't have to screw around with finding the stud or using anchors.

-Six Week Body Makeover. Also on the praises of someone close to me. A GREAT meal/exercise plan. Expensive, but worth every penny.

-Get Rich on Ebay. I don't remember the actual name of this thing, and I didn't at all plan on it working, but I did buy it, just because I was curious what the guy was selling. LOL

Anyone else?
I have the Iron Gym. And the bikini trimmer. And those wall hook things.

I love Informercials, I want everything. Like that caulk corner thingy? I have nothing to caulk and I live in an apartment, but that thing is the shit.
That's what she said.
We bought the swivel vac (at a store though) and it works really well for cleaning up the crumbs/cereal etc that the kids leave behind.

I bought The Perfect Pushup and, while it took some getting used to, it is a pretty cool product. I can do a lot of "normal" pushups but this thing really works more muscles including the abs.

Lil Giant ladder. Best investment ever.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Allyson Wrote:Like that caulk corner thingy? I have nothing to caulk and I live in an apartment, but that thing is the shit.

I have to caulk a sink and I so want that thing but I don't want to wait 4-6 weeks to receive it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Oh is that the steam thing that cleans the caulk and grout?
hotzester Wrote:Oh is that the steam thing that cleans the caulk and grout?

No, this thing... https://www.buyprocaulk.com/?s_kwcid=as%...DQodPD59Sg
That's what she said.
Wow, I've never seen that one. But now I want it. That could've come in quite handy last year when I was putting in the tile backsplash!
Admin Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Like that caulk corner thingy? I have nothing to caulk and I live in an apartment, but that thing is the shit.

I have to caulk a sink and I so want that thing but I don't want to wait 4-6 weeks to receive it.

doesn't work, my cousin has one
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
i got my dad the magic bullet. twice (from dept stores).

the first one burned out the first time it was turned on. i don't know what happened to the second one, but i never see it.

Admin Wrote:I bought The Perfect Pushup and, while it took some getting used to, it is a pretty cool product. I can do a lot of "normal" pushups but this thing really works more muscles including the abs.
i use those for elevated pushups at the gym. i'll vouch, much harder. by the last set, i'm flopping all over hell just to get my face off the carpet.
dingdongyo Wrote:i got my dad the magic bullet. twice (from dept stores).

the first one burned out the first time it was turned on. i don't know what happened to the second one, but i never see it.

That's a bummer. I love that infomercial so much.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Ohhh yeah, my wife has one of those. Her aunt has one and raves about it, so she got one last year. It's ALRIGHT...not much more impressive than any other blender or food processor. It doesn't SUCK, but it's not mindblowing.
My mother in law ordered the Magic Bullet.
http://www.buythebullet.com/index.php?google_adwords
According to her they are horrible. I guess she tried to make shakes with them and they wouldn't mix up at all. In the products defense, however, my mother in law has a history of blondeness.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I made a mousse in it when she first got it....some heavy cream and chocolate syrup with some shaved chocolate sprinkled on top. It was delicious.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on the magic bullet folks. I got one and it is one of the niftiest kitchen tools i've ever had. It makes the best blue hawaiians, milk shakes, and homemade salad dressing. The list goes on and on! I let a friend borrow mine and I haven't see it since. Looks like I need to order another one and reintroduce myself to its awesomeness!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Hey, I never said it was horrible...I said it was completely adequate. lol
For Christmas this year, my brother is going to give my dad a "Vacu-Seal", one of those handheld vacuum seal devices, so that Dad can better store his awesome smoked salmon. We have no idea if it works or not, but I guess we'll find out.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
i am a very happy Shamwow owner. sometimes i just spill stuff for funsies 'cause i want to use it.
Jo Wrote:i am a very happy Shamwow owner. sometimes i just spill stuff for funsies 'cause i want to use it.
I think Jesus invented Shamwow. It's the only explanation.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Ahh the Shamwow. I need to get some of those.
That's what she said.
I bought the Walletbe off of QVC in 2002 and I still use it today. Although it's starting to wear out and I think I'll get a new one soon. I hate those crazy thick bill folds.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Jo Wrote:i am a very happy Shamwow owner. sometimes i just spill stuff for funsies 'cause i want to use it.

They have a kiosk at Rivertown and I was tempted to check it out but my wife nixed the idea. So they really do work?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
dino Wrote:I bought the Walletbe off of QVC in 2002 and I still use it today. Although it's starting to wear out and I think I'll get a new one soon. I hate those crazy thick bill folds.

Chiropractors will tell you that it is terrible for your spine to have a wallet in your back pocket because you're always sitting at a slight angle.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Well if I had the kinda cash in MY wallet that a chiropractor does, I'd be sitting at an angle.
Admin Wrote:
dino Wrote:I bought the Walletbe off of QVC in 2002 and I still use it today. Although it's starting to wear out and I think I'll get a new one soon. I hate those crazy thick bill folds.

Chiropractors will tell you that it is terrible for your spine to have a wallet in your back pocket because you're always sitting at a slight angle.

Like that episode of Seinfeld where George's wallet is MASSIVE.
Yep. I love Seinfeld.
I have been given a spin and store, which was nice but the tubs are all pretty small, so I ended up selling it at a yardsale. I used to have a hand held sealer for like potato chip bags that was magnetic so I just stuck it on the fridge when I wasn't using it, it worked really well, but my roommate in college stole it when she moved out. I do love my sham wow, my dad bought some and gave one to me. Its really good for drying your car so there aren't spots.
Admin Wrote:

They have a kiosk at Rivertown and I was tempted to check it out but my wife nixed the idea. So they really do work?

like a charm. i got it as a joke from somebody but when i found it really works i was flipping out!
Never bought anything off of TV. My future father in law bought the 'Miracle Blade II' series of knives and they worked better than any knife I've ever used. No matter the product, I would never buy off TV.
Allyson Wrote:Ahh the Shamwow. I need to get some of those.

buy those catnip tampons from the WTF thread instead and you could kill two birds with one stone.
Admin Wrote:

i always carry my wallet in my front pocket. which does nothing for my lopsided ass.
Hey thanks for posting this. I had some associates I noticed that had these. I wanted to know where they got it but always forgot to ask.
I keep wanting to buy mighty putty, so I don't have to buy a wall mount for the flat screen. I'll just hang it with the putty.
I heard that the mighty putty doesn't work...they tested it on the morning news.

I wonder about the dog nail trimmer and the brush that removes shedding hair?
your momma Wrote:I heard that the mighty putty doesn't work...they tested it on the morning news.

Nail Trimmer Link

As far as the hair brush, I have heard that nothing beats the FURminator. Expensive, but I guess it is great.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
your momma Wrote:I heard that the mighty putty doesn't work...they tested it on the morning news.

Nail Trimmer Link

As far as the hair brush, I have heard that nothing beats the FURminator. Expensive, but I guess it is great.

I second the furminator. I don't use it enough but when I do it's incredible how much F'n fur that thing pulls off. first time I used it I had a plastic grocery bag full of hair off of a 70 pound black lab. I do wonder about using it in the winter though, if the dog spends much time outside. i think it mainly pulls out the undercoat which I think, does most of the work on keeping the animal warm. does this sound right?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
From the FURminator website FAQ section:

Q: Can the FURminator deShedding Tool be used in the winter or colder months?

A: Since the FURminator deShedding Tool only removes the coat that has already shed from your dog, the tool is fine to use in the winter. You will most likely not have to use the tool as often as you would during heavy shedding months.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:From the FURminator website FAQ section:

Q: Can the FURminator deShedding Tool be used in the winter or colder months?

A: Since the FURminator deShedding Tool only removes the coat that has already shed from your dog, the tool is fine to use in the winter. You will most likely not have to use the tool as often as you would during heavy shedding months.

Interesting....Good find RM!
Quote of the Day:
Rock Monster Wrote:

Nail Trimmer Link

Has anybody actually used this??? I think I want one! I have three large dogs! Not one of them are ours. We are taking care of youngest daughters' Golden Retriever; sons' boxer/retriever mix and BIL's Pit bull. The hair; oh dear god, the hair!!!
Yes... Yes it is....
I really do want it too...
and a Sham Wow... I want that also...
i'd like to try the sham wow...but the caulk thing can be done with a wet finger and a razor blade.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"