Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to laugh at.
Sometimes it's good to hear that old school discipline is still out there. I called home to talk to my Mom on Tuesday. First thing I hear is "Guess what your niece did?" Umm....there is no telling.

Apparently my 8 year old niece, got suspended from school for 3 days for sending her brother's teacher hate email. She got mad at her brother and sent his teacher an email from her email account, and signed it with his name.

Expressing the punishment with my co-workers, everyone doubled over laughing. Every morning "Granny boot camp" has started at 5:30 am, reading no talking all day. P.E. is scrubbing the 3 bathrooms for 30 minutes each. Bed time is promptly 8pm, after bath time and brushing teeth.

Most of my co-workers are wanting to add to more P.E time for my niece by offering up their homes....
Reason #482 for not letting an 8 year old have their own email account.
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
Yeah, I was surprised she got an email account in the first place.
haha, this is awesome...parents are little bitches with their punishments these days. what ever happened to a good ol' fashioned ass beating? that's how I learned my lessons. :-[
She got a whipping, too. I just thought that part was the humorous part. My parents still evoke the belt.
I do believe your mother is my hero. I shall remember this the next time I have to babysit the siblings' kids.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
My question is why did the 8 year old have a later than 8:00 bedtime in the first place and scrubbing bathrooms for 1.5 hours.. well they should be doing that much in chores already in a day !! sounds like this kid had too much free time in the first place to have been such a bad child!!!!
rabbidgirl Wrote:and scrubbing bathrooms for 1.5 hours.. well they should be doing that much in chores already in a day !! sounds like this kid had too much free time in the first place to have been such a bad child!!!!
Thank God I wasn't raised by you.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I will b 32 in april. I know when I did something wrong I got my ass beat. When my dad took off his belt it looked like he was trying to start a "pull start" walk behind mower! And the sound of the belt slapping its way out of the belt loops still gives me chills. Haha
I will admit that my Mom is softer on my niece and nephew than she was with me. I got to say it seems like after raising me, Mom and Dad gave up, when it came to my brother, and raising his two kids.....Definitely not as strict as they were on me...
I know this might be too personal but why is your mother raising the grandchildren??
My Mom and Dad bought a house during my brother's custody battle for his kids that has 5 bedrooms, one entertainment room, living dining, ect.... My brother moved in with them, since he had just got out of the military. He and the kids have never left, and to be honest, Mom and Dad are better with the kids than Drew is. Each of their children have their own rooms, that is why they bought that many bedrooms. When I got married, I talked Mom into making it into a Sewing room, for her hobby. But she did leave a bed in it for guests.

Edit: Each of their children, I think of my niece and nephew more like my brother and sister than the other. So, Mom and Dad have 4 kids. Drew (29), Me (33), Matthew (10), and Tiffany (8)
lokizilla Wrote:My Mom and Dad bought a house during my brother's custody battle for his kids that has 5 bedrooms, one entertainment room, living dining, ect.... My brother moved in with them, since he had just got out of the military. He and the kids have never left, and to be honest, Mom and Dad are better with the kids than Drew is. Each of their children have their own rooms, that is why they bought that many bedrooms. When I got married, I talked Mom into making it into a Sewing room, for her hobby. But she did leave a bed in it for guests.

Edit: Each of their children, I think of my niece and nephew more like my brother and sister than the other. So, Mom and Dad have 4 kids. Drew (29), Me (33), Matthew (10), and Tiffany (8)

Its gotta be hard on your parents and the kids because the grandparents are suppose to be the ones spoiling the kids and not have to do the discipline... and tough for the grandchildren too to have to have more than just their own parents' hands in the "discipline cookie jar"
Should have seen it when Matt said to me, "You're not living here anymore, you can't punish me." At that second his Dad walked in and said "If my sister punishes you, I back her decision." Yep, those two have the grandparents, their Dad, and I as "discipline cookie jars." The Mother isn't in their lives. It does take a village to raise kids. Matt and Tiffany don't have to worry about their place in life, because if anything happens, they will always have someone to fall back on for help.