Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasts Without Dumping
I did a search and didn't find this topic anywhere, although I may have missed it...but I was wondering why the podcasts can't be uploaded without the dumps of any foul language used that is inappropriate for radio?
Because the podcast is recorded off the GRD stream. Some of the other streams don't dump, so theoretically if you recorded them on your own, you could get them. You'd just need to know which streams to check.
I thought it was because they just used their air-checks for the podcasts. It's definitely possible to record the stuff without the dump, but they would probably need new equipment and also have it setup. We know they've been waiting for a microphone forever and even when they had processors, it took forever to have them installed - so I don't see this happening.

It would be cool to hear some of the explitives, but I think another problem is that sometimes they dump personal info that accidently gets said, and I doubt they want 1,000 podcasters hearing things like Zane's last name when Joe accidently said it. It goes over the GRD stream, but I think they still would like to prevent as many as possible from hearing things like that.
I think I remember a few years ago that they needed to save the recording in case an FCC issue came up, they had a record of what really went over the airwaves.
Quote:It would be cool to hear some of the explitives, but I think another problem is that sometimes they dump personal info that accidently gets said, and I doubt they want 1,000 podcasters hearing things like Zane's last name when Joe accidently said it.

That was one of my favorite moments in show history. Even though they dumped it, it's one of the easiest things in the world to find out...you don't even have to be LOOKING for it to find it.
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:It would be cool to hear some of the explitives, but I think another problem is that sometimes they dump personal info that accidently gets said, and I doubt they want 1,000 podcasters hearing things like Zane's last name when Joe accidently said it.

That was one of my favorite moments in show history. Even though they dumped it, it's one of the easiest things in the world to find out...you don't even have to be LOOKING for it to find it.

I agree; it was funny.

And yes, his real name is on Wiki, so it's not hard to find if at all, but remember, there was a listener who didn't know Zane's first name is Eric, and at the height of PA Pranks, the majority of their regular listeners didn't know what PA Pranks were. So, if they can stop one cretin from visiting Zane's house, when there are probably many who wouldn't even think to look up a name other than "Zane," they'll do it.
I wasn't gonna post WHERE to find it. lol