Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you keep?
For the Lions fans.. If you could blow up the entire roster and just keep around ten guys, who would you keep?

My group would be Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Jason Hanson, Kevin Smith, Dominic Raiola and Jeff Backus for sure. Maybe Culpepper or Orlovsky, Dewayne White, Andre Fluellen and Cliff Avril.. but beyond that, I dunno.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
John the seat cleaner. Jason the Janitor. Mark the Vendor......
Johnson, Hanson, Sims. Pretty much no one else. O-line and D-line are the worst in the league. Secondary can't stay healthy. Revolving door at QB (like the last 50 years) Trade for a bunch of draft picks, be bad again next year, but build a good young team.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Yeah, the lines are pretty much the pits.. but I think Raiola and Backus deserve keeping, and Fluellen and Avril have shown SOME promise. But to be sure, there's not a lot of definite keepers on the team.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Johnson, Smith, Orlovsky, Sims, Hansen, Avril, and Jared Devries
I think everyone pretty much agrees on Johnson and Sims...other than that, I don't care if anyone goes. By the way Imray_Pinasheep....Jeff Backus? Really? What is it about this guy that people think he is good. Guys just run over him. Get rid of him.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:I think everyone pretty much agrees on Johnson and Sims...other than that, I don't care if anyone goes. By the way Imray_Pinasheep....Jeff Backus? Really? What is it about this guy that people think he is good. Guys just run over him. Get rid of him.

Really? The fact that he kept Freeney and Mathis without a sack for the entire game has got to be evidence of some skill. He's not exactly Jonathan Ogden, but he's a decent pass and run blocker and I think an offensive line needs some veteran leadership. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have someone else to point to.. but on their current line, Backus and Raiola would be the ones I would consider keeping. Yes, Johnson and Sims are going to be on everyone's list, but I think not keeping Hanson or Smith would be a mistake.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:I think everyone pretty much agrees on Johnson and Sims...other than that, I don't care if anyone goes. By the way Imray_Pinasheep....Jeff Backus? Really? What is it about this guy that people think he is good. Guys just run over him. Get rid of him.

Really? The fact that he kept Freeney and Mathis without a sack for the entire game has got to be evidence of some skill. He's not exactly Jonathan Ogden, but he's a decent pass and run blocker and I think an offensive line needs some veteran leadership. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have someone else to point to.. but on their current line, Backus and Raiola would be the ones I would consider keeping. Yes, Johnson and Sims are going to be on everyone's list, but I think not keeping Hanson or Smith would be a mistake.

They need to have an O-line before someone gives it veteran leadership.

That said, I'd still rather have Lomas Brown come back and be that leader then Sackus.
you cant do anything without daunte getting his roll on
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
thats gonna be hard to do holding a clipboard