Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe he's not such a d?
I doubt this will change people's opinions about the man one way or another.. but it does give you something to think about.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec...privately/

Yes, we can go on about how no soldiers would've been injured or killed had the war not been started. But I think you've gotta give him a little credit for this.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Although I do not personally agree with some of his policies I respect the man a lot. Even before this article I respected him. I will do the same with Obama too. The only way we are going to get better as a nation is if we try to present ourselves with more unity than what we have been.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:Although I do not personally agree with some of his policies I respect the man a lot. Even before this article I respected him. I will do the same with Obama too. The only way we are going to get better as a nation is if we try to present ourselves with more unity than what we have been.

You are gee dee right. I may not always agree with the leadership of my country, but it is MY country and if I don't like it I can leave. People piss me off complaining about things they have control over, whether it be their teacher or their boss or their President. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. If you don't have the balls to leave, then man up and be proud of where you're from.
That's what she said.
Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about me. Damn.
Mad Dog Wrote:So President Bush and Vice president Chaney aren't such big dicks after all...

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec...privately/

Hmmmmm, I wondered where I'd seen this before.....
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Actually I have to disagree. I have every right to complain and bitch about who is in office because I voted for them to be there. I have every right to criticize my leadership and hold them accountable for their actions because although they have forgotten, they work for me not the other way around.

Saying that if you don't like what the president does means you should leave is blatantly arrogant and borders on ignorant. Instead of telling someone to leave because they disagree, tell them they should vote instead.

As for the President comforting families of fallen soldiers, it is commendable, but I have to go back to the original post and say that it's much akin to shattering someones kneecap with a baseball bat for no good reason and then comforting them when they have to get an artificial limb. If I was a parent of a soldier who was killed in Iraq, I would kick his azz out of my house and tell him exactly where he can go.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:If I was a parent of a soldier who was killed in Iraq, I would kick his azz out of my house and tell him exactly where he can go.

...because they VOLUNTEERED to go over there?

(sorry, not reading the thread, just read the last post. Tell me to eff off if this has been said, or if I'm off topic)

Would you do the same if you had a kid in Nascar, and they were in an accident and died? What about the Rodeo? Even Football. They didn't have to go over if they didn't want to.

*** the preceding post was in no way defending the war ***
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
landmammaldolphin Wrote:Instead of telling someone to leave because they disagree, tell them they should vote instead.

Well I did vote, and I didn't vote for Obama. Regardless, I'm going to support him and be proud of him because he is the leader of MY country and if I don't like his leadership I know my options. That is all.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Well I did vote, and I didn't vote for Obama. Regardless, I'm going to support him and be proud of him because he is the leader of MY country and if I don't like his leadership I know my options. That is all.

agreed, I didn't vote for him either but the only time I will bitch is if he goes totally bananas liberal and takes guns (don't think it'll happen) and taxes (extremely)the hell out of everyone (may happen to an extent) the sun will come up tomorrow, this country is still the best on the planet. I'm going to be proud of whoever is running it....even if it is a liberal Wink
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:Actually I have to disagree. I have every right to complain and bitch about who is in office because I voted for them to be there. I have every right to criticize my leadership and hold them accountable for their actions because although they have forgotten, they work for me not the other way around.

Saying that if you don't like what the president does means you should leave is blatantly arrogant and borders on ignorant. Instead of telling someone to leave because they disagree, tell them they should vote instead.

As for the President comforting families of fallen soldiers, it is commendable, but I have to go back to the original post and say that it's much akin to shattering someones kneecap with a baseball bat for no good reason and then comforting them when they have to get an artificial limb. If I was a parent of a soldier who was killed in Iraq, I would kick his azz out of my house and tell him exactly where he can go.
I think you're missing the point anyway. No one said because the president makes a decision were supposed to go, "okay well I guess that's that." I'm just talking about showing more respect to whoever is in that position because that is our leadership. For people that just want to sit around and complain all the time, go get involved. Write to your representing politicians. Volunteer for your politicians next campaign. Let's try to change the system instead of just bitch about the system. After all this is the USA, the best damn country in the world.

*edit: When I was talking about people bitching, I'm not talking about people in here. Just refering to people in general.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
hahahahaha
landmammaldolphin Wrote:Actually I have to disagree. I have every right to complain and bitch about who is in office because I voted for them to be there. I have every right to criticize my leadership and hold them accountable for their actions because although they have forgotten, they work for me not the other way around.

Most military family's understand the fact that it is there son or daughters job to defend there country at all costs. Not every reason for war is as valid as the next but a foreign hostile force attacked and hit main land of United Stated for the first time since the war of 1812. If I would have been a younger man I would have went to pick up my rifle to defend my country and I would have been PISSED if my commander and chief would not send me.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Most military family's understand the fact that it is there son or daughters job to defend there country at all costs. Not every reason for war is as valid as the next but a foreign hostile force attacked and hit main land of United Stated for the first time since the war of 1812. If I would have been a younger man I would have went to pick up my rifle to defend my country and I would have been PISSED if my commander and chief would not send me.

A foreign hostile force did attack our mainland...that force was not Iraq.

I understand it's their job and I applaud them for that, but that doesn't mean that I have to accept the decision and be happy about it.

Jiggy, respect is earned not given because of the position, IMO. If Bush hadn't gone into an ambiguous "war on terror" and attacked a sovereign nation for no good reason, I would have had respect for him. If he hadn't abandoned bringing those directly responsible for the attacks on the mainland, to justice, I would have respect for him. Unfortunately, he basically abandoned the search for OBL and flip the bird to all those who lost their lives in the attacks in NYC and that is dispicable in my book.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"