Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the best of podcast>
i heard freebeer say that they would be putting up something for the podcasters this week? anyone get anything? cause i sure didnt
I don't think they have ever podcasted "best of" shows because what is broadcast during "best of" varies by region.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I don't think they have ever podcasted "best of" shows because what is broadcast during "best of" varies by region.

Free Beer did say something about putting some older segments in the podcast for the podcasters during the holiday break, but, like most things they say they'll do, they probably didn't. (i.e Best of CD, Hot Wings Music Video, etc.)
It's only Tuesday, give 'em a few days before you start to spazz out.

The guys said they might put an old episode or two up. Not one every single day.
no, im pretty sure they promised me they would post best of segments for the podcast. i would like those now, thank you.
There should be three best of segments that were posted on Monday. I just updated my podcast link right now, and there they were.
i got a return email... here it is

Hey Keith,

eat a veiner. Its a glitch. There was supposed to be stuff. Now I want to tell them to quit trying.

The Free Beer & Hot Wings Show
hummm... wonder if it was zane who replied to me? hahahah
I got some stuff, 3 segments for monday, 4 for tuesday, nothing for today yet. We will see how it goes.
well that blows cause im still getting nothing on itunes... well merry christmas. and eff em all who will only say happy holidays
I got some best of stuff over the last two days.
alpacafarmer Wrote:well that blows cause im still getting nothing on itunes... well merry christmas. and eff em all who will only say happy holidays

Cheer up man, it's Christmas. If whining is working, run with it, but if it's not then maybe you should read the 42 threads about what to do if you're not getting podcasts and see if that helps. Happy Holidays.
For Itunes users. Enter your subscription link in your adress bar. From the site, manually download to a save location. From there manually add them to your itunes library. I relabeled mine in a numeric order, so they would stay in the podcast section. ie: labled as 12 20 17 , 12 20 18, etc.
I think Saturday "best of" is only three segments.

That could be Joe who told you off too. I cant picture Zane giving two shits about the podcast on their holiday.
I received two best of segments on 12-25 and two more on 12-29, on my pc at work. But at home I dont get them. Why? I use i-tunes.
travisg81 Wrote:I received two best of segments on 12-25 and two more on 12-29, on my pc at work. But at home I dont get them. Why? I use i-tunes.

You're using iTunes thats why. One of the things i have noticed here is that anytime there is a common issue with the podcast being weird or not being there, anyone who is not using iTunes tends to have no problems, and all the iTunes users need to do stuff like re-enter their link, jump through hoops, and then cradle steve jobs' balls and hope for the best.

I think if i understand what is happening is that iTunes has some sort of scheduling algorithm for fetching the podcasts that just sucks, and sometimes you get lucky and it sends a search request at the specific right time to get them, and most of the time it doesnt. The problem almost definitely has to do with something on the server end of it, but it just happens to manifest itself through iTunes because of said scheduling algorithm.
Just for the record, I'm an iTunes user that hasn't ever had any issues with getting stuff. I think that most of the problems people post about are more user error than program error.
potthole Wrote:Just for the record, I'm an iTunes user that hasn't ever had any issues with getting stuff. I think that most of the problems people post about are more user error than program error.

I wouldn't rule that out either. It could even be a combination of the two. My thought on this though if it isnt user error, is that you have itunes open more often/sync up more frequently than the people having problems, because it does seem like in these kinds of situations that timing is key.
So you are telling me that it is my falut? I did somthing wrong? When you here zane say there is a problem with the podcast its never been me. If I am downloading it at work and everything is fine why wont it downoload at home were I use the same URL, and its worked for 8 months with out problems? I never changed a thing and now it dosn't work cause I don't know how to download a F'n podcast. Go suck a veiner . D bag
Uhhhhhhhh....I believe he said most problems. Not every problem is user error. Calm down bro.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
travisg81 Wrote:So you are telling me that it is my falut? I did somthing wrong? When you here zane say there is a problem with the podcast its never been me. If I am downloading it at work and everything is fine why wont it downoload at home were I use the same URL, and its worked for 8 months with out problems? I never changed a thing and now it dosn't work cause I don't know how to download a F'n podcast. Go suck a veiner . D bag

Why yes, Mr. 2-Posts, I am telling you that it is your fault. As I was making my post I was thinking to myself, "Boy is this going to make travisg81 pissed when I lay the smackdown on him and say it's his fault when he can't download a podcast!"

Sheesh, calm down and get your panties out of a wad. I said that I think in most of the situations where people have issues with the podcast it's user error- not all.
travisg81 Wrote:So you are telling me that it is my falut? I did somthing wrong? When you here zane say there is a problem with the podcast its never been me. If I am downloading it at work and everything is fine why wont it downoload at home were I use the same URL, and its worked for 8 months with out problems? I never changed a thing and now it dosn't work cause I don't know how to download a F'n podcast. Go suck a veiner . D bag

1.Chill the F out.

2.Dont blame people.

3. Email and follow the link at the site with your trouble/questions.

Damn...no wonder Zane hates this podcast b.s.
Man I just needed to vent a little and you guys get all sad about stuff. I was hoping for a direct hit back at me. You sound like Hot Wings when Zane tells a joke bout him being weak. All in good fun guys. I was trying to get you pissed Mr.2305-posts.
Signed, Mr. 2-posts
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=2758

I agree with FBHW17. What a bunch of bullshit. I dont need repeat podcasts from December
Yeah, they were the most recent best of's they had. I won't complain cause they didn't need to do anything in the first place. But if they are gonna go through the hassle of doing it, at least give us some gems from last year or so.
alexa2jr Wrote:http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=2758

I agree with FBHW17. What a bunch of bullshit. I dont need repeat podcasts from December

Yeah... damn them for working on vacation. They should have spent more time there just to make you happy!!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
alexa2jr Wrote:http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=2758

Which is better? I think it's a pretty obvious answer...

NO Best Of segments at all, which is what they've usually done.

-or-

SOME Best Of segments, even if they are a little "new".
i'd love to hear some really old best of's....like Intern Joe or even pre-joe
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
The "Best ofs" that I got were just reuploads of segments from the week before Christmas and a few clips of the last week of October. It was a major bummer that they didn't put any real effort into the best of.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:The "Best ofs" that I got were just reuploads of segments from the week before Christmas and a few clips of the last week of October. It was a major bummer that they didn't put any real effort into the best of.

Do you put any effort into your job while on vacation from it?
Yes.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Well aren't you just special, in that case.
I'd rather have them do none like they usually do then some if the "best of" they put up is from the last week before vacation. That's not their best at all. I don't need double files of random breaks from last weeks shows. If they're not going to put any effort forth then they shouldn't have done it at all.
hell i didn't post those. some c sucker was bitchin' about me puttin' those up. It's better than last year's zero postings. Sheesh.
zane Wrote:hell i didn't post those. some c sucker was bitchin' about me puttin' those up. It's better than last year's zero postings. Sheesh.

It's never good enough. Somebody effin crys about the podcast EVERY flippin' day.

If you don't like the podcast, don't subscribe.

quiturebitchin'
zane Wrote:hell i didn't post those. some c sucker was bitchin' about me puttin' those up. It's better than last year's zero postings. Sheesh.

give 'em hell!! :-[
Here's an idea. At the end of every month, dig your mongrel hands through your couch, futon, cardboard box, or whatever it is you use to furnish your home, and collect all the change until you have $3. Take your $3 to the internet and politely ask for one month of Free Beer and Hot Wings podcasts. You will start to build a library. Then, when the show takes a vacation, you can click on that little fancy symbol that means "shuffle" and listen to your own "best of" show.
burnking Wrote:Here's an idea. At the end of every month, dig your mongrel hands through your couch, futon, cardboard box, or whatever it is you use to furnish your home, and collect all the change until you have $3. Take your $3 to the internet and politely ask for one month of Free Beer and Hot Wings podcasts. You will start to build a library. Then, when the show takes a vacation, you can click on that little fancy symbol that means "shuffle" and listen to your own "best of" show.

common sense. you gots it.
burnking Wrote:Here's an idea. At the end of every month, dig your mongrel hands through your couch, futon, cardboard box, or whatever it is you use to furnish your home, and collect all the change until you have $3. Take your $3 to the internet and politely ask for one month of Free Beer and Hot Wings podcasts. You will start to build a library. Then, when the show takes a vacation, you can click on that little fancy symbol that means "shuffle" and listen to your own "best of" show.

... but then we couldn't bitch about someone going above and beyond what they have to, and trying to be nice. We will all be held accountable for our own actions. That just isn't right in this today's world...... :Smile
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."

Exactly. And the best part of all about doing this, is that if you only save the segments that you really like, your "best of" will be perfectly tailored to you and what you enjoy.