Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's the deal with the 5th hour of the show?
Here in Nashville on the Buzz 102.9, the FBHW show starts at 5:00 and ends around 10:00. My question is, is the "5th hour" live or is is previously taped, because it always seems to be very different than the previous hours.

For one, I don't get why at the beginning of the 5th hour they replay the opening theme and act like the show is starting over. When I first started listening I though it was just a replay of the first hour because of the theme song. And their conversations usually seem to have no connection or flow from the 9:00 hour. They usually do a flashback which last 15-20 minutes. And they never take any calls or read emails or anything during this hour that I remember.

Although they do sometimes reference things, like Joe Stunts, that happened previously in the show, so that just really confused me.
I listen in another market, and I podcast, and I've actually never noticed what you're talking about. Perhaps your market replays something in this hour? I've never noticed.
Hmmm... I haven't been listening to it for the whole time anymore. I got a different job last August that switched me from getting up at 5 and not I'm getting up at 7 but it all seemed to flow properly when I listened.
i've seen it before on the station in illinois, they replay the first hour for the last one... i think that's the time zone difference, though
hotzester Wrote:I listen in another market, and I podcast, and I've actually never noticed what you're talking about. Perhaps your market replays something in this hour? I've never noticed.

Yeah I've listened to other markets over the internet and they don't get what we do. So I'm wondering if it's something thrown together for our market.
i think they replay the begining or do like a best of thing where you are. the GRD listeners are the ones that get a show after 10 and thats because thats thier flagship and they do some local stuff on that broadcast for like about 15 minutes and on.

on a sidenote of that there is a bunch of funny stuff on that local broadcast.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
My problem is by the 9:00 hour I forgot how the show started at 5:00, since I'm barely awake then.
residentialevil:

What you're hearing in the 9-10am hour here in Nashville is what was live from 4-5am (this hour is not aired live on The Buzz). We have to do it that way because of the time difference.
Hope that's not too confusing.
I actually like hearing the replay hour. I hate missing it, but I'll be damned if I am gonna wake up b4 6am to listen to a morning show.
dagwood Wrote:residentialevil:

What you're hearing in the 9-10am hour here in Nashville is what was live from 4-5am (this hour is not aired live on The Buzz). We have to do it that way because of the time difference.
Hope that's not too confusing.

Ah sweet.....that makes a ton of sense now.

Is this THE Dagwood?
look at dagwood coming through in the clutch!!!!!

buzz 4 life Smile
You mean "THE Dagwood" that effs up the show every morning? That's me!

and thx, drunken mom!
Nah Dagwood, you rule. I love your sports updates every morning, since you show love for the local teams.
dagwood Wrote:You mean "THE Dagwood" that effs up the show every morning? That's me!

and thx, drunken mom!

Dagwood, you are so much better than the dumb asses I have to listen to when I have to stream the show thru WQLZ. Peyton and that the monotone douche who does news and sports completely suck.

Good job by you.
I'm too stupid to figure out how to put your posts in the little box... so I'll just reply to both of you guys this way. Buzz listeners are the best! Hopefully, you won't have to stream thru QLZ much longer...and I'm sure Peyton does a great job. We're all part of the FBHW family. Smile
Dagwood, just click the quote button in the top right of the post you want to quote.
dagwood Wrote:I'm too stupid to figure out how to put your posts in the little box... so I'll just reply to both of you guys this way. Buzz listeners are the best! Hopefully, you won't have to stream thru QLZ much longer...and I'm sure Peyton does a great job. We're all part of the FBHW family. Smile
when is the buzz supposed to get their live streaming up and going? i see on the website that it is coming soon.
Dagwood, you're the coolest Douche i know!!

Srsly, man, great job here in Nashville. I love that the buzz is not a mega radio giant. It is our station!
turf Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:I'm too stupid to figure out how to put your posts in the little box... so I'll just reply to both of you guys this way. Buzz listeners are the best! Hopefully, you won't have to stream thru QLZ much longer...and I'm sure Peyton does a great job. We're all part of the FBHW family. Smile
when is the buzz supposed to get their live streaming up and going? i see on the website that it is coming soon.

Well, sumbitch...it works. Thanks, Hotzester...

turf...We're almost there, I think.
zack Wrote:Dagwood, you're the coolest Douche i know!!

Srsly, man, great job here in Nashville. I love that the buzz is not a mega radio giant. It is our station!

You're right, it is your station and it rocks! thanks for listening!
dagwood Wrote:
zack Wrote:Dagwood, you're the coolest Douche i know!!

You're right, it is your station and it rocks! thanks for listening!

I was/am a devout Hip-hop/RB listener (my blackness demands it) but I listen to you the Buzz if a CD isn't going. You don't get caught up in that top 40 crap and play shit people actually like.

now if you could just boost the juice on the signal a little....
You guys are really missing out. The 10am hour in GR is local and hilarious.