Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events of 2008
What were some of your memorable moments? Can be personal or something from the news.

I watched my niece being born and I cut the cord. Except for my two being born this was a day I'll cherish forever. I am absolutely in love with her.

Watching the Patriots lose the Super Bowl after their winning season...and then seeing Tom Brady injured and not playing at all.

The Casey/Caylee Anthony mess. I'm just relieved that little Caylee is finally at peace and I hope the mother burns in hell for what she did.
Sold the old house in late '07 and moved into this one on New Year's Eve, so our first day in the new house was 1/1/08.

Also had the baby in '08.

Also bought a boat and a bike in '08.

It's been a busy year. Hopefully '09 settles down a bit!
Got murried in May. Bought first home in October.
In March we moved from Caledonia to Kent City - 50 mins North.

My wife worked at a summer camp as a lifeguard and I volunteered so we lived there in the summer months.

My shop went out of business early November. Still looking.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I decided I wanted a divorce one year ago in January '08, and I have worked toward that for the whole year. I told him in June, bought my own house in June, moved out in July with my girls, and the divorce will be final Jan. 6th. The overwhelming anxiety that I had over the past couple of years has seemed to vanish and I am feeling stronger than ever. This year is for me and my girls!
Tiger winning the US Open on one leg. I decided to go back to school and go for something I truely enjoy.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
potthole Wrote:Got murried in May.

How does one get "murried".

I flew to China with two 7 month old babies in tow. I flew back 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that I flew back to China again. Then in another two weeks I flew back to the U.S. with those same babies, now 8 months old. I was exhausted for months.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I had shoulder surgery in March to repair a torn labrum, which was an extension of backward fall I had in June of 07 which broke my elbow. Followed by months of very painful physical therapy for frozen shoulder.

I moved out of my room mates into a new apartment for me and my son.

My car died in July and I had to ride my bike to work for a month.

My ex-wife wound up in the hospital with chronic heart failure as an extension to needing chemo therapy six years ago.

I started dating like crazy the last couple of months.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Admin Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Got murried in May.

How does one get "murried".

I flew to China with two 7 month old babies in tow. I flew back 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that I flew back to China again. Then in another two weeks I flew back to the U.S. with those same babies, now 8 months old. I was exhausted for months.

You don't want to know.
Moved out of my parent's house into my own apartment, first time living on my own.

Met a great guy in January '08 and started dating him, he lost his job in May and finally got a new job in December (hopefully '09 will be better for him).

Went to a few concerts in the beginning of the year, got front row seats to Carrie Underwood.
Bought my first house in the span of an hour and a half and then only took 10 days to close.

Got a new little dog to make the life even better than it already is.

Watched the woman slowly work her way through the ranks to get a nice new promotion at the start of 09'. I'm very proud of her I wouldn't of had the patience to stick it out.
Bought a new car. But only after killing my old one. Now I have a car payment, which sucks.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Yes. But now you get to enjoy that new car scent.
Quote:Went to a few concerts in the beginning of the year, got front row seats to Carrie Underwood.

She does a great live show, doesn't she? I saw her a couple years ago and was quite impressed. She covers Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR and it's awesome!
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:Went to a few concerts in the beginning of the year, got front row seats to Carrie Underwood.

She does a great live show, doesn't she? I saw her a couple years ago and was quite impressed. She covers Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR and it's awesome!

Paradise City. Grand Rapids, last year. coolest thing i've ever heard.
Jo Wrote:
hotzester Wrote:She does a great live show, doesn't she? I saw her a couple years ago and was quite impressed. She covers Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR and it's awesome!

Paradise City. Grand Rapids, last year. coolest thing i've ever heard.

I have mixed feelings about that encore. I thought I sounded good for on her part but she took a kick ass GnR song and sissied it out a bit. I also look around when it began and everyone had a confused look on their face like they had no idea what the hell it was.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Graduated college, started working, and moved in with my boyfriend in May '08.
That's what she said.
In '08...

I got an A in my photoshop class

Was an "official" photographer at the Kid Rock concert

Shot a couple weddings

Shot a couple seniors

Shot a couple hot chicks

Posted a couple thousand posts here on the board

got in a dozen or so pissing matches with Biff and the mods

Got an official listing on IMDB

Got 4 more A's at GRCC

and in general moved forwards towards my goals

09 is yours baby ! Grab it with both hands and own it !
Wowie Groovie !
What is the link to your IMDB listing?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:What is the link to your IMDB listing?

Looks like this might be it:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3187544/
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Got exchange student from Frenchland
sent her home early for drinking at school
new boat
got ballplayer
sent him home early for being a dick
dog died
found out wife preggo
lost job
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
I got engaged October 10.
I also got a 4.0 for the Fall 2008 semester.

Now I get to plan a wedding...fun.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I forgot that I changed jobs. I went from fast food to being an assistant at a law firm. But it feels like I've been here forever, which is probably why I forgot...
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
birth of my daughter Genevieve
moved into OUR house
purchase of my first street legal motorcycle
was given the Fire Fighter of the Year award.
became a mod on the best message board ever
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:became a mod on the best message board ever

Suckup. :Smile
potthole Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:became a mod on the best message board ever

Suckup. :Smile

Now Titan considers you part of the bitch squad.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:was given the Fire Fighter of the Year award.

Did you pull twenty people form burning buildings?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:found out wife preggo
lost job

Congrats on the pregnancy

And holy S man, what a shitty time to lose your job
Wowie Groovie !