Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/21/2012
I looked everywhere to see if I could find a post for this... if their is one forgive me because I missed it, but here goes my rant...

I am sick and tired of people saying that December 21 2012 is the day the world will end. This all stems from people not understanding what they see and reading far far too into what they hear. Anyway, with all of the attention connected to this date lately, I was just curious as to what everyone makes of this? I have done a little research and from what I have come to understand the Mayans prediction never stated that this would be the 'END OF THE WORLD' but the end of an age.... and the beginning of a new age, or calander. From what I have come to understand, the Mayans have three calanders running at all times, and on December 21st 2012, this is when the third and the longest calander ends, and a new one begins... There is very huge cosmic event on this day where the Universe and the Milkyway intersect in a very interesting way called the 'Sacred Tree,' and this is where the Mayans based their calander off of. Around 11 in the morning to be exact. Apparently this hasn't happened for THOUSANDS of years, so it was a really big deal to the Mayans. Other people claim that Nostradamus' far fetched and generalized prediction also coincides with the date. In fact the prediction actually is for somewhere around July-September 1999, and it predicts a comit hitting earth... last I checked 1999 was almost 10 years ago... People attribute this to the fact that he meant AROUND the year 1999, so naturally he really meant 2012, the same year the Mayan calander ends. Anyway... though myself, or anyone else that matter, doesn't REALLY know what is going to happen this day, I would be willing to take bets the world will not, in fact, endSmile I just wonder what everyone else has come up with?
boizalynne Wrote:I would be willing to take bets the world will not, in fact, endSmile I just wonder what everyone else has come up with?

I would like to bet my life savings that the world will not end on that day. Either I'm right, and rich, or wrong, and dead, and don't have to pay. Win-Win
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
My driver's license doesn't expire untill 2014, so it must be fake...

I found this interesting, don't know if it's true. But it was on TV so it must be real...

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/ash_5a_37-w&hl=en[/flash]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

2045. but life is going to get waaaaay weird first.
Found this. It's long.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012#December

John Major Jenkins, and others [14] claim that an alignment will occur when the sun rises above the horizon on December 21 2012, at which point the sun will rise in the middle of the Milky Way Galaxy, thus causing an alignment between the earth, sun, and the galactic center.[15] This event is said to cause numerous earth changes, however that is not possible considering that the event is only a visual phenomenon from the earths perspective, which is caused by the precession of the equinoxes or the 26,000 year wobble of the earth, which only changes our perspective, not the actual position of the earth in relation to the galaxy. In short, there is no gravitational force or radiation to be expected from this event because other than the tilt of the earth, nothing will be any different than any other solstice. [16][17][18]

There are also claims like from Michael Tsarion [19] that an actual physical alignment of our entire solar system will occur with the horizontal plane of the Milky Way Galaxy on that day. The solar system is moving around the center of the galaxy every 225 million years or so, and while doing so is moving up and down in a cycle crossing the plane every 33 million years. According to the Journal Nature, this isn't so because there is evidence of the solar system crossing the galactic plane 3 million years ago. This would mean that we are moving away from the galactic plane not toward it, and we won
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
i wonder how many kooks will be out on the streets that day yelling "REPENT!!!!!!!!!!".

i live in Holland so probably every other person.
Jo Wrote:i wonder how many kooks will be out on the streets that day yelling "REPENT!!!!!!!!!!".

i live in Holland so probably every other person.

I'm guessing they'll be forming a line from Jenison to just north of Sausagetuck.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
my problem with the mayan predictions are. If they were so accurate at predicting events in human history, then how didn't they predict their being conquered by the Spanish? Its kinda hard to believe someone who said he was going to die on wednesday and then gets hit by a car on tuesday.
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
I'll believe it when the earth starts to crumble away from my feet and I start floating into outerspace.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I think Joe needs to go out and be a 2012 Prophet.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:I think Joe needs to go out and be a 2012 Prophet.

making a bunch of weird connections based on 12.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I will believe it when it happens. Until then way worry about it. If it does we can't do anything about it anyways. And if it doesn't then it is one more prediction gone wrong.
I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:I think Joe needs to go out and be a 2012 Prophet.

making a bunch of weird connections based on 12.

Don't worry there are a ton of weirdo's called Numerologists who can make pleanty of connections to the number 12.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"