Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure tallying is not good
It is fun to see who gets the most but it ends up like the failure report where it seems forced.

I like it more when it happens naturally and the guys are not waiting for one to happen.

Just my two cents.
I don't see how it is forced. They always are quick to point out the failures of each other anyway. The only difference from when it happens "naturally" is that they state to add it to the tally. Other than that they still dish out a good thrashing to each other, and still revisit when they feel like it. They just have a term for it, thats all.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:I don't see how it is forced. They always are quick to point out the failures of each other anyway. The only difference from when it happens "naturally" is that they state to add it to the tally. Other than that they still dish out a good thrashing to each other, and still revisit when they feel like it. They just have a term for it, thats all.

They are triple dissing Zane over the pizza box failure.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
When I heard him ask that I actually stopped what I was doing and thought to myself, no he did not just ask where do you get a pizza box. He deserves it an infinity failure for that one.
We did triple dish the Zane pizza box question. Because it was funny. And not everyone listens all day all the time, so we replay stuff in different spots to cover more people.
The only thing that seemed forced was Zane trying to give himself a mark for the Alan Jackson thing. Zane was also the one that was really gung ho about making marks for the Failure Report.

I think this is another example of Zane having deadly focus on something when it's new for about a week or two and then he just completely ignores it. (Like the scooter, breakfast cart, etc.)

In a few weeks Zane will find another ball of aluminum foil that catches his eye and the failure tally will fall into obscurity with FB and HW having to remember to keep track.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
freebeer Wrote:We did triple dish the Zane pizza box question. Because it was funny. And not everyone listens all day all the time, so we replay stuff in different spots to cover more people.

Triple dish you say? Is that like a regular deep dish or what?

And what do you mean you replay stuff?! Really?! I thought y'all just sat there and discussed the same stuff over and over and over again..... Wink
freebeer Wrote:We did triple dish the Zane pizza box question. Because it was funny. And not everyone listens all day all the time, so we replay stuff in different spots to cover more people.

Dude you gotta tell Zane I think I found a place that has them:

[Image: 20080226-pizzabox-thumb.jpg]
"Garden in rear?" Great. Now Zane has somewhere to buy pizza boxes and have other dudes manscape him.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:The only thing that seemed forced was Zane trying to give himself a mark for the Alan Jackson thing. Zane was also the one that was really gung ho about making marks for the Failure Report.

I think this is another example of Zane having deadly focus on something when it's new for about a week or two and then he just completely ignores it. (Like the scooter, breakfast cart, etc.)

In a few weeks Zane will find another ball of aluminum foil that catches his eye and the failure tally will fall into obscurity with FB and HW having to remember to keep track.

i definitely agree that Zane was kinda forcing the thing with Alan Jackson. I was thinking to myself, dude, let it go. The guys hardly gave him shit over that one. Now the pizza box on the other hand...
podcasting and just catching up to tues/weds and started thinking "wow, this failure stuff is sounding forced and overdone"

come to the message board to comment on it, and find this post with people taking the words right out of my mouth.

if an email = 1,000,000 opinions or what not, than how much does a post equal?
schwance Wrote:podcasting and just catching up to tues/weds and started thinking "wow, this failure stuff is sounding forced and overdone"

come to the message board to comment on it, and find this post with people taking the words right out of my mouth.

if an email = 1,000,000 opinions or what not, than how much does a post equal?

Howie posts = 3,000,000 opinions

schwance posts = -2

sorry d00d
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie's posts may be worth 3,000,000 opinions, but no one cares, and none of them count!!

Big Grin
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:Howie's posts may be worth 3,000,000 opinions, but no one cares, and none of them count!!

Big Grin

*cough blowme *....man sorrty bout that :-X
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
D stuck in your throat?
.....damnit....

exalt...you deserve it
Back at you for rolling with it. lol
i will agree with the haters - it's funny when the guys make fun of each other for obvious idiocy such as "where did you get a pizza box" or "suppose you drive a truck & someone put some dynamite there" - it's even okay when they do replays of it all week.

but it's intensly laborious to listen to Zane be the "Fail mark Nazi" and vocally wander through "oh, was that a mark? should we put a mark down for that? he messed up but was it funny? should I log this? I'm logging this? was that a big enough failure to call attention to even if I just called attention to it by asking this dumb ass question?" Thereby requiring free beer to once again reset the whole concept and WHY Zane is thinking this question out loud for every single misspeak or fumble.

Keep up the fail tally but don't be so obvious about it - it ruins the flow of the segment, just let it come naturally - I would much rather here an entire segment chronicling the guys failures after a few weeks or months & laugh at it all at once.