Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcast Length
How long does the average podcast last? I'm trying to justify buying it, but I don't think I would get through most of it.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
It is $3.00 per month and there are 16 segments per day which are between 4-12 minutes long. Again, it is $3.00 per month or $30.00 a year. It is more than worth it. $3.00 - You could probably find that much change in your britches at the end of one week.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
So... saying that the average is 10 min or so... that would be about 2 1/2 hrs a day? Does that seem right?

I know it's only $30, but if I can only listen to 1/2 of it, or even only 1/3, it would be a waste of money. (I think so)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
It's a podcast you can download it and listen to it anytime you want.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I know that... I just don't have that much free time to listen to it. I usually only listen to the radio in the car, to and from work, which totals about an hour, and listen to the ipod when working around the house. I think in the summer I would get through the majority of it, but in the winter months, I'm not thinking I would.

When they replay bits, are they usually in the middle of a segment, or are they a segment on their own, and easy to skip over?

are these stupid questions? (never have done a podcast before)
That's what I do...just listen to what you can, then save it for the next day or whenever and pick up where you left off.
hotzester Wrote:That's what I do...just listen to what you can, then save it for the next day or whenever and pick up where you left off.

Don't you get days, even weeks, behind?
Rock Monster Wrote:So... saying that the average is 10 min or so... that would be about 2 1/2 hrs a day? Does that seem right?

I know it's only $30, but if I can only listen to 1/2 of it, or even only 1/3, it would be a waste of money. (I think so)

Or you could pay for it, and never bother to download it to your ipod....

[48hrs drop] garage attendant, " This car's been here for over 3 years." man replies," I've been BUSY!"[/drop]
Due to the nature of my job, I'm able to listen to all of it on most days. There are times when I get behind, so I'll just catch up. They're not going anywhere.

Took two weeks off after we had the baby, and I was WAY behind...but then the guys went on vacation and I had all new (to me) shows during vacation! Double score!
jus' P Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:So... saying that the average is 10 min or so... that would be about 2 1/2 hrs a day? Does that seem right?

Or you could pay for it, and never bother to download it to your ipod....

[48hrs drop] garage attendant, " This car's been here for over 3 years." man replies," I've been BUSY!"[/drop]

I wasn't going to say anything, but now that you mention it . . . ???

It's a five hour show. I'd say about 40 minutes of every hour is actual show. So (including the bonus local 16th cut which varies in length) an average podcast would be about three hours long.

Obviously, some days they reair segments and sometimes the 16th segment is 5 minutes and sometimes it's 15 minutes. But three hours sounds like a good average.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Luckily with my job, I'm able to listen to the podcast every single day - I'm a webmaster so I'm constantly in front of my computer.

The show lasts 4 hours (give or take a few minutes) everyday. Between talking to people in the office or on the phone, it usually takes me the full 8 hours I'm at work to actually listen to all of it and right now I'm about half a day behind. Usually on the weekends if I'm relaxing or cleaning up the house, I'll throw the guys on.

And yeah, if there's a replay they'll usually put that in the segment name and you can just skip right over that segment. Some segments are longer, some shorter. Most times if What Can Joe Do is good, they'll replay it the next day and What Hot Wings Thinks is always played twice daily.
It's between 3.5 and four hours long, usually leaning closer towards the 4 hour mark. For instance, Thursdays podcast was 3:51:26 and Wednesdays was 4:01:58.
Wow. It feels so much shorter than that to me. I guess that just speaks to the high quality of the show.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I get to listen to the podcast every day via my iPhone. Everyone who has posted is correct about length. The long segment being CWTTAB at 35mns plus and a short segment of maybe 3 mns. 3$ a month is well worth it. Pay for it via paypal, east, done.
Quote:Pay for it via paypal, east, done.

I've also read that it's possible to send your money to the south southeast.
Rock Monster Wrote:I just don't have that much free time to listen to it. I usually only listen to the radio in the car, to and from work, which totals about an hour, and listen to the ipod when working around the house. I think in the summer I would get through the majority of it, but in the winter months, I'm not thinking I would.

To me, they're pretty good at hyping upcoming segments, so when you fill up the ipod, if you're listening to it while you work around the house, or whenever, you may find it hard to turn it off when you're done, because you're anxious to hear what's coming up. - At least, that's the experience I had. It used to slow me down sometimes, but I've learned to multitask better while listening. Plus, the podcast has replaced a lot of TV for me, because I find the FBHW show more interesting much of the time, and almost always funnier.
-Just something to consider.

Also, I don't know if you have cable or satellite, but think of how much of the programming that's paid for is not used, and those bills are a lot more than $30 a year.