Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile phone service
I have a contract with Sprint that is expiring next month. We're going to move away from Sprint because the billing has been horrendous. The service is fine but we're getting nickeled and dimed for everything.

What mobile phone service do you use and would you recommend them? What do you like about them and what don't you like about them?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I have AT&T now and have droped call issues. When I had my corp. phone, we were on Verizon and I was very pleased with the coverage.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
We use Verizon. I'd recommend them as half the people I know use them and you get unlimited calling/messaging to other Verizon users. I used to have ATT and found that they nickel and dimed me for everything, and when I called to cancel my service they let me go without a fuss. That really bothered me, they should be trying to make things right instead of getting me my coat.

And to Fuster's point, yes I always have coverage with Verizon when others on other companies don't.
That's what she said.
I used to have Nextel (before the Sprint merger) and have it now at work, but rarely use it. Coverage sucked, and phones were really expensive.

Now, the girlfriend and I have Verizon on a family plan. It's fairly cheap, coverage is great, and no complaints. We got a free phone when we signed up, and the other was pretty cheap. For cheaper phones, they are great. My coverage is the best out of all of my friends plans. As Allyson mentioned, all Verizon to Verizon calls are free too.

Long story short, I recommend Verizon, and go to the store, not the kiosk in the mall. I tried the mall first, was going to get nothing free, so went to the store. Got a phone cheap, one free, and a free phone case, because I bought 2 car chargers.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I use Alltel, and yes, I would recommend them. They have great service, very few issues with dropped calls, only happens in very remote areas. I have an unlimited data package, nationwide service and 3 lines and I only spend $160 a month! I tried pricing it out with Verizon and it was like $100 more! There customer service it great, never had an issue with them, plus they're willing to work with you. The only issue I have with them is the amount of phones they offer. I have a really nice HTC Touch Pro, but unfortunately it was my second choice. My first choice was the Samsung Omnia, but the closest related phone to that, that Alltel offers, is the Samsung Delve. The Omnia is only available through Verizon. But, that issue is only an issue if you like fancy technology. But anyway, Alltel is a great company... well, until Verizon takes complete control of it in the next few years, then we'll see if they're still great!
Verizon for me. No major complaints.

I switched over from AT&T, and hated them. Crappy service at stores and on the phone, crappy signal, and bad coverage (which caused tons of roaming charges). I'm sure their coverage has gotten better, but I'd still never go back.
I currently have AT&T and I have great coverage. Of course, then again, I don't live in Michigan. I've had Verizon in the past and never had a problem with them WRT coverage either.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I have Verizon too but my coverage sucks. Are any of you guys in rural areas or urban areas. I can't talk on it at all at my house but if I go about 10-15 miles south I can start to talk on it, then it's all good. Me and the misses will be switching to AT&T in a few months.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:I have Verizon too but my coverage sucks. Are any of you guys in rural areas or urban areas. I can't talk on it at all at my house but if I go about 10-15 miles south I can start to talk on it, then it's all good. Me and the misses will be switching to AT&T in a few months.

Subarban GR for me, in the direction of the lakeshore. When I had Verizon back in high school they had crap signal in my area, but things are better now.
AT&T sucks, I work in the AT&T BUILDING in downtown Nash, and others that have AT&T don't even have good coverage in their own building. I use Verizon. I have no complaints. My husband takes care of the bill, but doesn't complain to me about it, so I assume its fair. The only time I ever had issues with coverage was at my old house, and I lived in basically a crater, and no cell phones of any sort worked there. Plus now I have a little antenna thingy in my car that if I get somewhere that the signal is weak, I just plug it in and hear as clear as ever.
Didn't Alltel and Verizon just merge?
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Jiggy Wrote:Are any of you guys in rural areas or urban areas.

Right in the middle of BFE... kind of. I am right off of the highway, so that may be a factor.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:Didn't Alltel and Verizon just merge?

Not to split hairs, but I think Verizon bought Alltel.

I had Verizon and never had problems. I switched to AT&T because I'm a tech nerd and wanted the iPhone and I don't have any problems with AT&T. Basically, find out what's good in your area and go with that, and if they're both good, get the cheaper one.

They did merge, but, it is going to take time for the switch to take effect.

I wonder if we'll loose Chad? Maybe we should ask Hot Wings what he thinks?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I wonder if we'll loose Chad?

I hope not. But, honestly, he, as well as many of the commercials are kind of annoying... but not the same way the Dell guy was!

"Dude, I'm getting a..." shut the eff up!
Sorry you didn't sense my sarcasm. You obviously didn't listen to WHWT this morning either.
Unfortunately, I didn't, sorry! I barely get to listen anymore, and I'm like 3 weeks behind on the podcast! So, I'll retract my last statment and listen to HW bitch about something when I get home from work!
i have verizon now and its horrible, expensive bills and for some reason it takes like 3 hours for people to actully recieve any of my texts. I live in an area were i get great reception but i pay extra for unlimited text and it sucks horribly. After my contract is done im goin to AT&T
burnking Wrote:

I switched to AT&T because I'm a tech nerd and wanted the iPhone and I don't have any problems with AT&T.

This is why we are going with AT&T too. A lot of my friends have the iPhone as well and I never hear them complain. On another note, my wife and I's first phones were Nextel and not once in two years did I ever have bad reception or have a dropped call. I wish you could get iPhones with Nextel.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
xxxredeye Wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't, sorry! I barely get to listen anymore, and I'm like 3 weeks behind on the podcast! So, I'll retract my last statment and listen to HW bitch about something when I get home from work!

Or you could always visit WHWTon their website and listen from there! Smile
I have Sprint right now as well, and I completely agree with the billing being horrendous. My wife was eligible for a discount based on her employer, and it took six MONTHS to get it straightened out. Unfortunately, they've had far better coverage out here along the lakeshore than Verizon or AT&T, the companies we've used previously. Perhaps they've both improved since then, but I've never had a dropped call (then again, my cell conversations generally last about two minutes) or difficulty making a call with Sprint.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
We both have AT&T. Coverage here in NY is quite decent (except in the areas where NO ONE has service, regardless of carrier). Service has always been decent, and our plan is relatively well priced. Long story short, I have no reason to switch, so take that for what you will.
My husband and I have AT&T and have had no problems. We get free nights, weekends, and mobile to mobile. Plus, we've got like 4,000 minutes rolled over so that's always good. I've got a small texting package with my phone to avoid the nickel and diming but we love it. The bill has been the same for over 2 years now, every month. I have no problems with dropped calls, and I just bought a new phone and it only took a couple of weeks for my rebate to come in. 8-)
So I'm due for an upgrade at the end of the month and I'm debating on which phone to get. I'm with Verizon. I'm looking to upgrade to a data plan and want a phone that I can surf the net (mostly for email) and go on AIM with. It must have the capability for a QWERTY keyboard, whether they are keys or a touch screen. It would be nice to be able to store/play music on it but it's not necessary. I won't really use it for much other than Internet, AIM, texting, calling, and possibly music. I'm thinking the BB Curve, BB Storm, LG Dare, LG Voyager, or something similar. I don't really care about cost. Any suggestions?
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:So I'm due for an upgrade at the end of the month and I'm debating on which phone to get. I'm with Verizon. I'm looking to upgrade to a data plan and want a phone that I can surf the net (mostly for email) and go on AIM with. It must have the capability for a QWERTY keyboard, whether they are keys or a touch screen. It would be nice to be able to store/play music on it but it's not necessary. I won't really use it for much other than Internet, AIM, texting, calling, and possibly music. I'm thinking the BB Curve, BB Storm, LG Dare, LG Voyager, or something similar. I don't really care about cost. Any suggestions?

We just got the gf a Blackberry 8830 World Phone. She seems to love it so far, and of you're traveling over seas, you'll need either that or the storm. (with verizon) When she gets back from her trip, I'll find out if it's as good of a phone as she thought it was, and update you.

... I'm not sure if it does the IM though...
My 11 year old cousin has the enV. As far as I know, she likes it. I don't know if that's a model above or below the Voyager.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
All the Alltell/Verrizon buyout just did was cause Verizon not to have to pay Alltell anymore royalties for using their towers when roaming. If you were ever on the "extended network" for Verizon it simply ment that you were on one of Alltell's towers. I'd highly recommed Verizon or Alltell for GR, especially with the recent merger because they will have the best nationwide coverage by far. I use verizon and don't have any issues, although I am in Allendale and because of the college there are cell towers right by me.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
We went with Verizon and, even though we're barely 2 weeks into it, we've not had any problems so far.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
*bump*

So we ended up dropping Sprint back in February. They keep sending me a $34.00 bill for the one day in February that was beyond the contract. I keep politely calling them and telling them that I am not going to pay that amount.

They have gotten proactive and started calling me.

These poor people have no idea who they're dealing with (a Tom Mabe wanna-be).

Them: "Hello, may I speak to _____ _________".

Me: "Oh, I'm glad you called. I have to get this sperm sample and I was just about to put peanut butter on my balls and have the dog lick them but I'll just have you talk dirty to me".

Click.

There's more. One lady lasted awhile but finally hung up when I asked a hygiene question.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
:lol:

Awesome Biff, I love doing that kinda thing to them.
Biff, I don't know if I'm falling in love with you, or if I just want to be like you when I grow up.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
krys Wrote:Biff, I don't know if I'm falling in love with you, or if I just want to be like you when I grow up.

When you grow up you want to tell people that you put peanut butter on your balls?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
krys Wrote:Biff, I don't know if I'm falling in love with you, or if I just want to be like you when I grow up.

When you grow up you want to tell people that you put peanut butter on your balls?

:wtf:
Quote:These poor people have no idea who they're dealing with (a Tom Mabe wanna-be).

I love screwing with these people! Sometimes I speak with an accent, sometimes I just babble non-sensical things. Recently I set the phone down and played guitar for them, and more recently I gave the phone to my six month old daughter and said things like "Tell the people that you're a baby and you're not buying anything". Fun times.
admin Wrote:

That would be a physical impossibility.

No, what I mean is that I would like to have the abilities to a) eff with people to the point they're embarassed, or b) be clever enough to actually think of something to say on the fly like that.
krys Wrote:
admin Wrote:

No, what I mean is that I would like to have the abilities to a) eff with people to the point they're embarassed, or b) be clever enough to actually think of something to say on the fly like that.

Yes I know. I was being funny.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
krys Wrote:
admin Wrote:

Yes I know. I was being funny.

And I can be obtuse.