Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S.C. lawmaker forcing holiday
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29003595/?gt1=43001
This is the first paragraph in the story:

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A black state senator is pushing a bill that would require South Carolina cities and counties to give their workers a paid day off for Confederate Memorial Day or lose millions in state funds.

Is this really what the economy needs right now. Let's pay employees to take off so they can learn about the "true" meaning of Confederate Memorial Day. Yeah, I'm sure exactly what they will do. I know I would be waiting in line at the library or browsing the internet all day on Confederate Memorial Day subjects. Not staying up late the night before, partying or drinking because I know I have a day off.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
yeah, because you know when we take off for other holidays named for some group or person, people spend that time learning about why we celebrate it. I know people that don't understand that 4th of July is about when and why the Declaration of Independence was signed. They think it is about cookouts and fireworks.