Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comics DC,Marvel,Image,Dark Horse.
Not exactly 10 cents any longer.

But for Marvel/X-Men fans I'd recommend Marvel Zombies and Exiles.

DC fans? Well sorry...maybe you could read pre-Geoff Johns Green Lantern, because nothing has been right in DC since 2004.
Doktor Wrote:Not exactly 10 cents any longer.

DC fans? Well sorry...maybe you could read pre-Geoff Johns Green Lantern, because nothing has been right in DC since 2004.
Yeah, I was just gonna say that. :o
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
??????? Did i miss something?
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I have no clue what you are talking about doktor but I'm enjoying your avatar a little too much...
Well I'm not sure what is missed in the OP, but i'll break it down for those who don't follow comics.

SPOILERS for 10 year old comics ahead!

Since 2004 Geoff Johns has taken DC by storm and uses his time jackin it to Silver Age (60's) comics and brings back such crap as Hal Jordan's epic death cheapened by some fanfiction rage enducing drivel called Green Lantern: Rebirth.
Let me rewind to the 1990's which saw Hal Jordan lose his shit and kill hundreds of Green Lanterns and fistfight (no rings) Sinestro(his nemesis) and breaks his neck with his bare hands. The next Lantern (Kyle) would occaisionaly counter Hal's insanity(now calling himself Parallax and has a Ring on each finger, which he stole from the other lanterns he killed)
Eventually Hal would get some sense and do some good. He sacrifices himself to RESTART THE DYING SUN. It is infact glorius and emotional. Hal at this point is fused with Spectre (Basically a Holy Ghost)
Now, once Johns takes over "Hal didn't go crazy he was actually possessed by a giant yellow fear bug from space" LAME
Now I get it!!

Ok, no I don't
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Ohhhhh, yeah. Hell yeah man, why didn't you say that in the first place.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Doktor Wrote:LAME

My sentiments exactly....
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
[Image: ComicBookGuy5.gif]
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
WARNING: My WoW meter is hitting 11.....

"who let all this riff-raff into the room???"
What does WoW have to do with anything...i hate WoW
bunch of larpers...
Queenie Wrote:Now I get it!!

Ok, no I don't

Point is Johns is a terrible writer.
This should be up for thread of the year.
Doktor Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Now I get it!!

Ok, no I don't

Point is Johns is a terrible writer.

http://talonse.com/insults/Bale.wma
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
That made no sense.
Doktor Wrote:That made no sense.

Doktor Wrote:Not exactly 10 cents any longer.

Yeah Biff, maybe if your posts looked more like this we would know what the hell your talking about!!
What doesn't make sense about that post?
Jiggy Wrote:Yeah, I was just gonna say that. :o
i can't wait to steal this line [Image: 39936821ta8.jpg]
Is it because I'm relatively new?
?_?
I don't understand.
Doktor Wrote:Is it because I'm relatively new?
?_?
I don't understand.

Nah, it's because your thread is so random and doesn't really explain what it's about. That's all.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
?_?
I don't understand.

no, it's because you're the only loser on here that actually pays attention to this kind of shit. go help your mom with the groceries.
Jo Wrote:
?_?
I don't understand.

no, it's because you're the only loser on here that actually pays attention to this kind of shit. go help your mom with the groceries.

Damn, I almost did a spit take when I read this. Nice...+1
Jo Wrote:
?_?
I don't understand.

Or this.....
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Troll more.
I thought Image was the kickass when it first came out. I haven't collected comics in about 15 years or so, though. I still have Spawn #1. That was a badass comic.
Doktor Wrote:Troll more.

This is worth a laugh. A troll telling us to quit trolling.

BIFF! We need that soundbite upload STAT!
No, I'm not trolling, I merely made a thread to discuss comics and have been flamed since it's started.
Doktor Wrote:No, I'm not trolling, I merely made a thread to discuss comics and have been flamed since it's started.

cry me a river, jerkface.
Doktor Wrote:No, I'm not trolling, I merely made a thread to discuss comics and have been flamed since it's started.

I didn't flame you, fag.
And I wasn't talking about you, you were the only other person who responded.
Fag.
Doktor Wrote:And I wasn't talking about you, you were the only other person who responded.
Fag.

Apology accepted.

Don't let that shit happen again.
Fistor Wrote:
Doktor Wrote:And I wasn't talking about you, you were the only other person who responded.
Fag.

Apology accepted.

Don't let that shit happen again you stupid fucktard.

I'm sorry, this thread had become entirely too civil and I just couldn't stand idly by and witness that.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
jus' P Wrote:WARNING: My WoW meter is hitting 11.....

"who let all this riff-raff into the room???"

yeah!!!

and that ones smoking a joint, AND ANOTHER WITH SPOTS!!!
if i had my way, i'd have you all shot!
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
http://www.talonse.com/audioinsults/GayFunnies.wav
I was reading the Buffy season 8 pretty regularly, until there was a delay in something or other and an issues ended up being 2 weeks late, that 2 weeks was enough for me to lose interest and I havent bough an issue since. I have however read all of the TPB at Barnes and Noble.

Also, I really hate it when they "kill" a character. You know he's going to come back.

I hated it when Supergirl died but she died heroically so that was cool, I mean that's what being a hero is all about, being willing to make the ultimate sacrifice so that others may continue to live, but when the comic company decides to bring the character back from the dead, regardless of how they do it, it cheapens and makes a mockery of the death.

I can look past them bringing Supergirl back though, she is one of my favorite characters, and Michael Turner did an awesome job with the art while her story was being re invented.

Also, I love Wizard Magazine, I usualy read it (for free ! ) at Barnes and Noble and it keeps me up to date on whats going on in the world of comics
Wowie Groovie !
Deja vu...but

Yeah Wizard is pretty cool...gave me some good previews of comics movies before they came out which was cool. Also I'm pretty stoked for next year's Flash movie.
I haven't bought a comic in years. When I was in school I read X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, and probably some others I can't remember now. Oh and everything Ultraverse. Remember that one. I wish Marvel would have never bought them. They bought the company, used Prime I think for a couple issues with a tie-in then got rid of everything.

Hell I still buy Wizards. I don't really know a lot about what they're talking about since I've been so removed from the comic community but I also get it more for the movie topics and stuff.
I used to read Archie comics.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I used to read Archie comics.

right after the wheel was invented
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"