Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have some questions for the Christians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_of_Tyana

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articl...tyana.html

http://www.alchemylab.com/apollonius.htm

What about Apollonious? He's not Jesus, but I think he's cooler.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Its ok. I understand. Speedbump is using my life's story to , I guess make himself feel better and rationalize what he feels to be true (even though we all know his last post was bs). Whatever. Go stir some elses pot. Your hilarious.
Major A-hole Wrote:Maddog....ummm maybe,(and I am not trying to be an ass); you hold so much anger in your heart that there is no room for anything else. Your life is what you make it. Look; my mother is a harlot that married 6 men and divorced them just as quickly. One of those men beat me unmercifully for 7 years starting when I was 5yrs old. There would be times I did not go to school for a couple weeks at a time because of the bruises. Not to mention we moved every 5 to 6 months because human services was trying to take me away from the hell I was in. I held that anger for a long time. Then I realized that all that anger was tearing me apart inside so I called the man that beat me. I asked him why it happened and then I told him; "I forgive you" and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I still had a problem; I could not forgive my mother because let's face it, the first time it happened she should have left him. I struggled with this for years. I prayed about it one night and I KNOW GOD spoke to me in my dreams. I told him I wanted to ask him for forgivness but how could I when I could not forgive others myself? I was told "forgive as I forgive"; I asked how is that and HE said "REPEATEDLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY". I woke crying with joy. I could finally forgive the woman who gave birth to me. I had not talked to my mother for about 3.5 yrs. I called her and told her that I forgave her but that does not mean I have to invite her back into my life. Forgiving others allowed me to move on with my life. Now I do not dwell on a "bad childhood". I'm just saying it sounds like your storing a lot of anger inside and harboring anger makes killers of men.

Major A-hole Wrote:Maddog....ummm maybe,(and I am not trying to be an ass); you hold so much anger in your heart that there is no room for anything else.

I don't run around with a ax in my hand looking to chop out at the world. I am happy when I am happy and I am pissed when I am pissed. I do not limit my emotions because I think God is monitoring my thoughts.

Quote: Your life is what you make it.

Life is partially what you make it. The other parts are determined by the people around you and the the circumstances you find yourself in. Just ask Holocaust survivors.

Quote: Look; my mother is a harlot that married 6 men and divorced them just as quickly. One of those men beat me unmercifully for 7 years starting when I was 5yrs old. There would be times I did not go to school for a couple weeks at a time because of the bruises. Not to mention we moved every 5 to 6 months because human services was trying to take me away from the hell I was in. I held that anger for a long time. Then I realized that all that anger was tearing me apart inside so I called the man that beat me. I asked him why it happened and then I told him; "I forgive you" and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I still had a problem; I could not forgive my mother because let's face it, the first time it happened she should have left him. I struggled with this for years. I prayed about it one night and I KNOW GOD spoke to me in my dreams. I told him I wanted to ask him for forgivness but how could I when I could not forgive others myself? I was told "forgive as I forgive"; I asked how is that and HE said "REPEATEDLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY". I woke crying with joy. I could finally forgive the woman who gave birth to me. I had not talked to my mother for about 3.5 yrs. I called her and told her that I forgave her but that does not mean I have to invite her back into my life. Forgiving others allowed me to move on with my life. Now I do not dwell on a "bad childhood".

You had Every right to be angry. I agree anger and depression can eat you alive and if you hold on to it to tightly it will give you ulcers or worse. The way I choose to deal with my anger is to give my self time to be angry, then let it go.... I don't think about it on purpose. Plus I post long and thoughtful messages on the FB&HW message boards

Quote:I'm just saying it sounds like your storing a lot of anger inside and harboring anger makes killers of men.

Your absolutely right thats why I get it out of my system constructively, like working out, punching pillows and using my thoughts.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Punching pillows doesn't work. Penn & Teller proved that it just keeps you madder, longer.
Krystal Wrote:Punching pillows doesn't work. Penn & Teller proved that it just keeps you madder, longer.

Sorry Krys, I didn't see that episode
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Queenie Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:No refuting that Queenie, if you know it, you know it. I'm glad you have something that keeps your life anchored. Its just not that simple for a lot of us. I wish I could believe like you do. In some ways it would make my life a lot easier. Church would provide an instant network of friends and the bible an instant frame work for life. But if God does exist, then my relationship with Him through my prospective, has been like a son and his abusive father. And I choose not to hang around if he continually wants to beat me up.

Just asking, but are you inferring that God is berating you? Just so you know, God is never "mad" at his children. You may be feeling guilty for something you are doing that you know you shouldn't be, and in turn, take the fact that the Bible says you shouldn't being doing something as you being "bad." Nothing surprises God. A lot of times, people will not open their minds to allow God to have an intimate relationship with them because they are worried that He will "get on to" them. God would never do that, he will only attempt to guide you and comfort you. Some people use this line of thinking as an excuse NOT to get close with God. It's a tough job sometimes, and like I have said before, I am no saint. But I know that He only wants the best for me and wants me to be happy. The only people that should be scared of God are the people who worship another "god" or the devil. God is a jealous god. He definitely does not want anything getting between He and his children.

Again, If there is no God then there is no Satan. If there is no Satan there is no sin. If there is no Sin, there is no religious guilt. But where there is no Guilt, there is freedom of thought. If I feel I've done something wrong naturally I feel guilty but will I go to hell, there has to be a hell for me to go there. I like my thoughts, they are worth having, even if I'm wrong. It makes me human.
Mad Dog Wrote:The way I choose to deal with my anger is to give my self time to be angry, then let it go.... I don't think about it on purpose.

This is actually a very healthy way to deal with anger.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Mad Dog Wrote:Again, If there is no God then there is no Satan. If there is no Satan there is no sin. If there is no Sin, there is no religious guilt. But where there is no Guilt, there is freedom of thought. If I feel I've done something wrong naturally I feel guilty but will I go to hell, there has to be a hell for me to go there. I like my thoughts, they are worth having, even if I'm wrong. It makes me human.

I am in no way saying you are wrong maddog. I was simply relaying my take on some people who don't like to read the Bible because they are doing what God tells us not to do. I'm not talking about things like stealing, killing, adultery, etc. I'm talking about the way God has instructed us to live. You believe as you want to believe. I would never push my own beliefs on someone else. I only give my personal experiences with the Bible and God in hopes that it might help another person understand as I have grown to understand. It has helped me tremendously. I would only hope that it could help others in the same manner. Peace my brother!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Major A-hole Wrote:Its ok. I understand. Speedbump is using my life's story to , I guess make himself feel better and rationalize what he feels to be true (even though we all know his last post was bs). Whatever. Go stir some elses pot. Your hilarious.

My post before that was completely legitimate, and it essentially got ignored. I like to think it is because you can't come up with a good argument against it, but by all means prove me wrong.
speedbump Wrote:
Major A-hole Wrote:Its ok. I understand. Speedbump is using my life's story to , I guess make himself feel better and rationalize what he feels to be true (even though we all know his last post was bs). Whatever. Go stir some elses pot. Your hilarious.

My post before that was completely legitimate, and it essentially got ignored. I like to think it is because you can't come up with a good argument against it, but by all means prove me wrong.

It's an excellent argument, and your right it did get ignored. They don't look at their beliefs and out of the ordinary and won't take a serious look as to why they could be wrong, only that we are bitter because we question the existence of God or the Spaghetti Monster, bless his noodley appendages.
speedbump Wrote:

I did not ignore your post.

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...ge=6#69153
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Noodly Appendages...
Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:My post before that was completely legitimate, and it essentially got ignored. I like to think it is because you can't come up with a good argument against it, but by all means prove me wrong.

I did not ignore your post.

No, but you brushed it off Queenie. You couldn't see that Speed bump was attempting to make a serious point using a humorous absurdity to point out what he feels is an absurdity.

Re-read his post and try to extract your emotion from it and try to answer it again. He feels, as I do, that the belief in God is an Adult version of children believing in Santa Clause, and he, as I do, would like to hear from you why God and Santa do not belong in the same breath as each other. This is not an attempt to piss anyone off, especially you my Queen. Just an attempt to get each other to think about what it is exactly we believe. Long Live the Queen!!
Mad Dog Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I did not ignore your post.

No, but you brushed it off Queenie. You couldn't see that Speed bump was attempting to make a serious point using a humorous absurdity to point out what he feels is an absurdity.

Re-read his post and try to extract your emotion from it and try to answer it again. He feels, as I do, that the belief in God is an Adult version of children believing in Santa Clause, and he, as I do, would like to hear from you why God and Santa do not belong in the same breath as each other. This is not an attempt to piss anyone off, especially you my Queen. Just an attempt to get each other to think about what it is exactly we believe. Long Live the Queen!!

Queenie Wrote:And the purpose of this was ____________?

I mean if you really talked to a flying spaghetti monster, that's great, but I was just trying to figure out if you were trying to relay another thought here. Seriously, not to be maleficent.

How is this considered brushing off. I did not understand what he was trying to infer. Am I supposed to know that he is trying to make a serious point with, as you put it, a humorous absurdity? I cannot read minds. I specifically added my last sentence to show sincerity.

WRT Santa Claus and God not being alike, here is my opinion on the matter. Santa Claus is a mythical figure adopted by Western cultures to bring presents on Christmas Eve. I do not believe in Santa Claus, and I did not promote it to my own children. Christmas Eve is the night before Christmas Day, the day Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born. God is the creator of the universe, in my opinion. I believe in God, pray to God, rely on God and worship God. The key words in all of this is "in my opinion". When I have an "opinion," I will gladly back up my position and not color it with wild "humorous absurdities."
Well, obviously Flying Spaghetti monsters don't exist in real life. Neither does Santa. This is the problem with posting messages on message boards. It is hard to convey intent. To me you were asking your question as a dig at Speedbumps question with no intention of taking it seriously. Sorry if I was wrong. To you and Major A-hole, Speedbump asked the question just to be inflammatory. Tis the subject.
Queenie Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:No, but you brushed it off Queenie. You couldn't see that Speed bump was attempting to make a serious point using a humorous absurdity to point out what he feels is an absurdity.

Queenie Wrote:And the purpose of this was ____________?

I mean if you really talked to a flying spaghetti monster, that's great, but I was just trying to figure out if you were trying to relay another thought here. Seriously, not to be maleficent.

How is this considered brushing off. I did not understand what he was trying to infer. Am I supposed to know that he is trying to make a serious point with, as you put it, a humorous absurdity? I cannot read minds. I specifically added my last sentence to show sincerity.

WRT Santa Claus and God not being alike, here is my opinion on the matter. Santa Claus is a mythical figure adopted by Western cultures to bring presents on Christmas Eve. I do not believe in Santa Claus, and I did not promote it to my own children. Christmas Eve is the night before Christmas Day, the day Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born. God is the creator of the universe, in my opinion. I believe in God, pray to God, rely on God and worship God. The key words in all of this is "in my opinion". When I have an "opinion," I will gladly back up my position and not color it with wild "humorous absurdities."

In my mind, this entire topic is a humorous absurdity. And generally you back up your opinion by saying "this is my opinion". That doesn't leave me much to work with. In my post on page 5, you corrected my language, and then proceeded to tell my your opinion. You really didn't respond to the point of my post. That's not saying you have to, but if you were going to enter in to the debate I would prefer you furthered it.

This is the post I'm talking about, just to make sure everyone is clear:
Quote:I have a problem with this. It seems to defy common sense that you can understand something inspired by God, but also in an argument use the excuse "I don't try to understand God's will, I just accept it". Which one is it? All the time Christians say in response to a tragedy that "no one can understand God's plan", so who are you to claim you understand something that is supposedly written by the will of God.

Of course you could argue "The Bible is meant to be written as God's message for humans, so humans are capable of understanding what is written in it". But I also have a problem with this. Why do you allow yourself to claim such ignorance when trying to understand why things happen through God, but choose to become an expert when examining what God has written down for you? The Bible is not the entire basis of Christianity either, and therefore part of the basis of your religion has come from God in some other form. This form is through the Pope, who is said to speak for God when making papal decrees. If the Pope can interpret and act on God's will, then who are you to say that no one can understand God's will in response to a tragedy? No one is greater than anyone else in the eyes of God, so why is only the pope given this power to understand God's will and apply it to all of Christianity? If people were allowed to understand why things happen, they would have an easier time accepting God. You could say that faith doesn't come easy, but it was pretty damn easy back in the time of Jesus when all these "miracles" were occurring. Faith came quick and easy back then, and people were converted by the thousands.
Speedbump, do me a favor, just try to restrain yourself when it comes to my comments. I have addressed every "rebuttal" that you have thrown at me, including the one posted above. Here's the link. WRT discussing something in the Bible being my opinion, that is exactly what it is because I am not God.
Queenie Wrote:Speedbump, do me a favor, just try to restrain yourself when it comes to my comments. I have addressed every "rebuttal" that you have thrown at me, including the one posted above. Here's the link. WRT discussing something in the Bible being my opinion, that is exactly what it is because I am not God.

No, you haven't. I read the post you linked to, and you did exactly what I said above:
Quote:And generally you back up your opinion by saying "this is my opinion". That doesn't leave me much to work with. In my post on page 5, you corrected my language, and then proceeded to tell my your opinion. You really didn't respond to the point of my post. That's not saying you have to, but if you were going to enter in to the debate I would prefer you furthered it.
If you're not going to address, then that's fine, just don't pretend like you did.
Wow. I missed a lot in here while I was off EXALTING toolhed. By reading the last page or two of posts it seems to me speedbump is looking for recognition and acceptance. That assumption is taken from the fact you kept referencing yourself to queenie because you felt that she and I and anyone else who was here did not acknowledge the point you were trying to make. Which was that YOU; Speedbump; do solemly swear that YOU; Speedbump do not believe as queenie, jiggy, or myself believe. Ok. By the way....I'm still laughing at the "noodly apendages" comment. That was funny.
I recommend the reading of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I have it and it is awesome.

http://www.venganza.org/
Damn. Lmmfao. I want a shirt with "The Flying Spaghetti Monster" on the front; and on the back it says "Bless His Noodly Apendages"! That would kick ass!
I believe white T's and Sharpies are generally inexpensive, Major.
We could start are own cult and call ourselves the "Pastafarian's"
Mad Dog Wrote:We could start are own cult and call ourselves the "Pastafarian's"

You just want to snag a bunch of poon like Koresh.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I'm not in too noodly poon.
Dammit...... NOODLY POON ! Lmao !

A white t and sharpie won't cut it. Needs to be 100% cotton with graphic pic.
I'm sure Billy Henderson (mastermind of FSM) has printed up some shirts.
If you get a chance pick up a book by C.S. Lewis called Mere Christianity. When he set out to write the book he was an atheist and his intention was to prove the Christian belief system (not religion) wrong. In the process he ended up becoming a Christian. It's not a conversion book by any means but it is a very logical approach to some of the basic questions that tend to frustrate people.
doc Wrote:If you get a chance pick up a book by C.S. Lewis called Mere Christianity. When he set out to write the book he was an atheist and his intention was to prove the Christian belief system (not religion) wrong. In the process he ended up becoming a Christian. It's not a conversion book by any means but it is a very logical approach to some of the basic questions that tend to frustrate people.

Is this C.S. Lewis's first novel??? Because he was always said to be a devout Christian.
I love making people look like stupid liars Tongue
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Krystal Wrote:
doc Wrote:If you get a chance pick up a book by C.S. Lewis called Mere Christianity. When he set out to write the book he was an atheist and his intention was to prove the Christian belief system (not religion) wrong. In the process he ended up becoming a Christian. It's not a conversion book by any means but it is a very logical approach to some of the basic questions that tend to frustrate people.

Is this C.S. Lewis's first novel??? Because he was always said to be a devout Christian.

Wikipedia:
Owing to the influence of Tolkien and other friends, at about the age of 30, Lewis re-converted to Christianity, becoming "a very ordinary layman of the Church of England"

He was born 1898, so this was about 1928

Wikipedia:
Mere Christianity[2] is a theological book by C. S. Lewis, adapted from a series of BBC radio talks made between 1941 and 1944..
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I wasn't sure. I'd only heard of him being religious and didn't feel like looking it up.
Krystal Wrote:I wasn't sure. I'd only heard of him being religious and didn't feel like looking it up.

Not you... you're right.
Actually I was partially wrong.
Not wrong enough to matter though. It's not like you completely lied about the whole reason for writing the book.
This thread just got way too nice. Come on people, this is religion, get brutal.
[Image: 77churchmarqeefightuv5.jpg]
I never thought I would say this to you, but... +1 Big Grin
lmao nice dok, actual good post
"Wikipedia:
Owing to the influence of Tolkien and other friends, at about the age of 30, Lewis re-converted to Christianity, becoming "a very ordinary layman of the Church of England"

He was born 1898, so this was about 1928

Wikipedia:
Mere Christianity[2] is a theological book by C. S. Lewis, adapted from a series of BBC radio talks made between 1941 and 1944.."

How does this prove the study for this book didn't play a part in converting him? And how does this make me a stupid liar? Is it because I attempted to honestly help someone with their questions? Or is it because you have way to much time on your hands so you went to possibly one of the most unreliable information sites on the internet. Regardless of how he converted and why, (and yes Tolken did play a huge roll) he was once and Atheist and converted to Christianity and then wrote the book.