Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have some questions for the Christians.
Major A-hole Wrote:1 corinthians chpt 8 (I think). It says that the man shall treat his wife as equal and visa-versa

In 1 Corinthians 7:1-16 it talks about marriage. Specifically, in 7:4 it states: "The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does." I don't necessarily think this means we are equal. There are many places in the Bible wherein God tells women to be subservient to their husbands. This is because the husband is to be the head of the house, and if he is truly to be seen in this light, everyone in the household must be under his control. How can you run something that you do not have control of.

This language does not bother me as a female. If a man has a hold on his life, family, career and finances, he should be in control. However, if he chooses not to do so, for whatever reason, somebody else would have to pitch in and help, thus being an equal.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Wow rabbidgirl. That's pretty harsh to say when we are not pushing any one religion on ANYONE. We are simply discussing our own interpretations of our own lifes. I believe (if you would have read my previous posts instead of engaging ur fingers to type) that we all agreed on one thing. Acceptance of religion is the pursuit of forgiveness and some form of heaven; but we have the choice to not chose religion.
Partnerships aren't always equal, which usually works fine. Lack of equality doesn't necessarily mean lack of power.

subservience:
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I agree queenie.
Krystal Wrote:***I feel like such an a*hole now for starting this.
You shouldn't. It's interesting to hear other people's views. Thanks for sharing with us.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
It's funny. I'm not really much of a feminist in real life. I guess I am in theory, though...
Point is. The Holy Bible is a collective work over many years with the interaction of many people with GOD. It is open to interpretation. So it depends on YOUR interpretation. Some ppl use interpretation to help others; others use it to get rich. It is up to you to decide what you receive out of the many parables.
The Bible is a manual for life. There are many HR seminars that companies provide their employees. These seminars are actually structured around the principles in the Bible. If you stop to think about the secrets of success, you could find every "strategy" referenced in the Bible.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:The Bible is a manual for life. There are many HR seminars that companies provide their employees. These seminars are actually structured around the principles in the Bible. If you stop to think about the secrets of success, you could find every "strategy" referenced in the Bible.
???I thought Dave Ramsey seemed Christlike.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Queenie Wrote:The Bible is a manual for life. There are many HR seminars that companies provide their employees. These seminars are actually structured around the principles in the Bible. If you stop to think about the secrets of success, you could find every "strategy" referenced in the Bible.

... or referenced in any other religious writing, not just the bible. (I'm speculating here)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Isn't it funny that when intelligent people are discussing an issue, even if it is a touchy subject like religion, there aren't any fights?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
That's called maturity. Mature people accept that different people have different opinions.
Well I started typing this a.m. Just outside of toledo,oh. I am now SEast of pittsburgh on the toll road andhave enjoyed the convo. Made time fly by.
Glad to be of service
What do the stars under everybodys name represent
Major A-hole Wrote:The animals were herbavores. Not one animal fed upon another; dinosaurs included.

That's why they had little brains. Isn't brain size supposed to be affected by the amount of protein in our diets? Doesn't protein come from meat? Does that explain the fact that dinosaurs are older than humans and were carnivorous before humanity ever came along??? I don't get how you can say that.
Ranking system, senior members with lots of posts have more stars.
Post more and you get more stars, they're pretty aesthetic.
Krys tries to push button but fails miserably. Because I believe GOD created the earth and everything in it. He created animals before he created man but they were both created on the same day. So yes they are older. But the question you have to ask yourself is how long is a day to GOD? 24 hrs, a month, a thousand years, millenium? No one knows.
Good answer. Still think carvivorism began before the advent of humans.
Krys. U ever go to coconut bay n tha boro?
I drive by it all the time. I've never bothered going there.
I have never been either. I do like to go to the pool hall across from k-mart and hooters every once in awhile. My wife and I go just to play pool. Neither of us drink but we still have a good time.
Doktor Wrote:
donkeypunch Wrote:[quoted text omitted]

Troll Trollerson here is the reason I posted the questions in the first, LOL YOU POSTED QUSHUNS SO I GON BE A FAG ABOUT THEM LOL

If you're not going to post serious answers, make crude jokes, and be a general faggot. Don't answer the questions.

Wait, those were serious questions?
I've never been there, but I used to play a lot of pool (my dad owned a bar). I do go to that K-Mart and Big Lots. I love that poor-person shopping center.
Damn. My aunt used to live in those apartments behind AEDC credit union. She worked at nissan for 10 yrs
Damn. My aunt used to live in those apartments behind AEDC credit union. She worked at nissan for 10 yrs

Is that because the bible is a good manual, or because the people who run those HR seminars are Christians? They base it off the assumption that the bible would be a good manual for life because they are Christians who follow the bible, regardless of how good of a manual the bible is.

I'm basing this all on the assumption you made is correct, I honestly have no idea, although I have a feeling it is not.

You can find a lot "referenced" in the bible, if you're going to put it so loosely.
donkeypunch Wrote:
Doktor Wrote:[quote author=donkeypunch board=politics thread=2963 post=67538 time=1234236646]

Troll Trollerson here is the reason I posted the questions in the first, LOL YOU POSTED QUSHUNS SO I GON BE A FAG ABOUT THEM LOL

If you're not going to post serious answers, make crude jokes, and be a general faggot. Don't answer the questions.

Wait, those were serious questions?

Yes.
Why the hell is my blackberry double posting. That is twice that has happened today. I am sorry ya'll.
???
What the hell is going on with this topic?
Don't really know. It took a slight detour I guess. I guess we are content to agree that we disagree.
I might be hateful sometimes, but I'm not much for arguin'
speedbump Wrote:

Is that because the bible is a good manual, or because the people who run those HR seminars are Christians? They base it off the assumption that the bible would be a good manual for life because they are Christians who follow the bible, regardless of how good of a manual the bible is.

I'm basing this all on the assumption you made is correct, I honestly have no idea, although I have a feeling it is not.

You can find a lot "referenced" in the bible, if you're going to put it so loosely.

Have you been to many HR seminars? I have. Have you read the Bible? I have. That's what I base my statement on. Plain and simple.
I'm gonna feel like I'm on family fued when I say this queenie but here we go;"GOOD ANSWER (clapping)GOOD ANSWER!"
Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:Is that because the bible is a good manual, or because the people who run those HR seminars are Christians? They base it off the assumption that the bible would be a good manual for life because they are Christians who follow the bible, regardless of how good of a manual the bible is.

Have you been to many HR seminars? I have. Have you read the Bible? I have. That's what I base my statement on. Plain and simple.

I have Queenie. I've read and studied the bible for five years and took it VERY seriously. I've been to three or four Promise Keeper events. I have been involved with one very small Baptist Church and one very large Pentecostal Church. I have witnessed the parishioners in the Pentecostal Church line up down the isle waiting for there "miracle". I have also "spoke in tongues" and have been "over come by the Spirit" singing and praising and worshiping. I have studied the bible for hours on end with my pastor at the little Baptist church I want to trying to let my spirit soak up all of Gods word and to let it transform me in to the "new creature in Christ" that the bible promised me.

What did I get out of all of this? I got a few things. One thing I got was a huge identity crisis. I could not control my sexual urges and would repeatedly "fall into sin" I would cry out to God for him to take this burden from me and I would fall on my face in prayer, ask for His forgiveness and fully expect this time to be the last time, but it never was. It tore apart my soul every time and I couldn't take it anymore.

Another thing it got me was that I became a religious zealot. I was like the Apostle Paul in the sense that I felt like I was struck by lightning and my whole life experienced a sea change. And of course my new attitude was "not I but Christ who lives with in me" I attempted to deny all of my needs, that up my cross, and follow Jesus.

On the surface, to my new Christian friends this was great, and in the beginning It was a good change for my family too. But as I read more and understood the bible more and more and my knowledge grew and grew, I naturally insisted on transferring my my new found spiritual knowledge to my family.

For the first year it seemed to work. I had family, including my wife, attending church with me regularly and every one was learning and growing in the Lord. But as time passed, my wife participated with me less and less and my frustration grew and grew. I would periodically bug her and beg her to go to church with me and she did sometimes. But she would miss going to church much more than I was comfortable with and I grew more and more frustrated with her.

I was totally in the right. I knew I was right because this was Gods Will. All she would have had to do is read the darn book and it was all right there in black and white. She just couldn't see how "on fire for Christ " I was. I just wanted Gods blessings and the power of Christ in my life and in the life of my family. Then tragedy struck. My wifes oldest brother was stricken with blood cancer..... More too come.....
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:Is that because the bible is a good manual, or because the people who run those HR seminars are Christians? They base it off the assumption that the bible would be a good manual for life because they are Christians who follow the bible, regardless of how good of a manual the bible is.

That's all well and good, people makes ill founded statements all the time. But how do you feel about the first part of my post? That's really what interests me more.
Well...this became depressing Sad
Worse. It has gotten uninteresting.
I suppose I'll make a second batch of questions?

Quiz #2 THESE ARE QUESTIONS I PERSONALLY MADE FOR THIS TOPIC AND WILL ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY THEREIN

1. Can you describe God's visage?
2. What provoked God to create existence?
3. If God created the heavens and the Earth..where was He before then? Floatin' in nothingness?
4. Do you believe that Satan and God still carry on with bets like with Job?
5. How much of the Bible do you actually believe or follow?
6. As a Christian, how do you feel about Non-Christians like myself?
7. Did you ever see the movie, Dogma? If you have how do you feel about it?
1. Supposedly to see God as God you would die.
2. Someone's imagination
3. I have no effing clue
4. I would hope so. Sidenote: I think it's funny that Job's 10 children are the only people Satan kills in the Bible. God kills millions.
5. Everyone picks and chooses on their own.
6. Some hate us, some want us to find God, some respect us for having our own opinions.
7. Dogma was a great movie. Period.