Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have some questions for the Christians.
I will answer #6 now the rest later. Short and sweet........that is your perogative. I have enjoyed your P.O.V.'S
speedbump Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:Is that because the bible is a good manual, or because the people who run those HR seminars are Christians? They base it off the assumption that the bible would be a good manual for life because they are Christians who follow the bible, regardless of how good of a manual the bible is.

I'm basing this all on the assumption you made is correct, I honestly have no idea, although I have a feeling it is not.

You can find a lot "referenced" in the bible, if you're going to put it so loosely.

Have you been to many HR seminars? I have. Have you read the Bible? I have. That's what I base my statement on. Plain and simple.

That's all well and good, people makes ill founded statements all the time. But how do you feel about the first part of my post? That's really what interests me more.

The Bible is not a good manual, it is a great manual. The teachings in the Bible are all about being a good, honest, compassionate, trustworthy, etc. person. It does not say you have to be without sin. We are sinful by nature. But if you carry yourself in a righteous manner, you should not have any trouble being a productive citizen. I am not saying you have to be a saint, Lord knows I am not one. But there aren't a lot of things about my character, morals and values that anyone should have a problem with. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. I do not envy what others have. I do not lie. I do not steal. I do not kill. I do not commit adultery. I have my faults, and I might slip here and there, but I know the difference between right and wrong.

There are some people that don't even realize when they are doing something wrong, but everybody else around them does.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:That's all well and good, people makes ill founded statements all the time. But how do you feel about the first part of my post? That's really what interests me more.

The Bible is not a good manual, it is a great manual. The teachings in the Bible are all about being a good, honest, compassionate, trustworthy, etc. person. It does not say you have to be without sin. We are sinful by nature. But if you carry yourself in a righteous manner, you should not have any trouble being a productive citizen. I am not saying you have to be a saint, Lord knows I am not one. But there aren't a lot of things about my character, morals and values that anyone should have a problem with. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. I do not envy what others have. I do not lie. I do not steal. I do not kill. I do not commit adultery. I have my faults, and I might slip here and there, but I know the difference between right and wrong.

There are some people that don't even realize when they are doing something wrong, but everybody else around them does.

So we just ignore the bits about killing gays and the just use of slaves? I wouldn't consider those acts the ultimate expression of compassion.
But those were codes of behavior before the Bible was pieced together, so why are they attributed to the Bible?
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
The Bible was in dire need of an editor and they couldn't find one.
speedbump Wrote:So we just ignore the bits about killing gays and the just use of slaves? I wouldn't consider those acts the ultimate expression of compassion.

+1
Doktor Wrote:I suppose I'll make a second batch of questions?

Quiz #2 THESE ARE QUESTIONS I PERSONALLY MADE FOR THIS TOPIC AND WILL ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY THEREIN

1. Can you describe God's visage?
2. What provoked God to create existence?
3. If God created the heavens and the Earth..where was He before then? Floatin' in nothingness?
4. Do you believe that Satan and God still carry on with bets like with Job?
5. How much of the Bible do you actually believe or follow?
6. As a Christian, how do you feel about Non-Christians like myself?
7. Did you ever see the movie, Dogma? If you have how do you feel about it?

1. No, I can't. According to the Bible, humans are created in God's image, so I would assume He appears human, but that's the most I could tell ya.

2. Can't think of how exactly to word it, but basically God created us so that we could see His love for us, and also show our love for Him.

3. Pretty much so.

4. I don't feel that "bet" is the proper phrase to use, but yes, I do think that God allows Satan to do bad things, in order to show the faith that some have in Him (God).

5. Believe in all of it, try to follow as much as I can. Obviously I can't follow it all, because I'm human, and therefore not perfect, and prone to sin.

6. Don't think there is anything inherently wrong with non-Christians. Hope that through my actions I can convey God's love, and hope that maybe those actions might get you interested in learning more about my religion, but I don't dislike a non-Christian just because of the fact they're a non-Christian.

7. Saw Dogma, thought it was pretty funny. However, I would hope that people would realize there are some pretty broad generalizations within the film. Often times Christians don't know how to laugh at themselves, which isn't good.
speedbump Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:The Bible is not a good manual, it is a great manual. The teachings in the Bible are all about being a good, honest, compassionate, trustworthy, etc. person. It does not say you have to be without sin. We are sinful by nature. But if you carry yourself in a righteous manner, you should not have any trouble being a productive citizen. I am not saying you have to be a saint, Lord knows I am not one. But there aren't a lot of things about my character, morals and values that anyone should have a problem with. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. I do not envy what others have. I do not lie. I do not steal. I do not kill. I do not commit adultery. I have my faults, and I might slip here and there, but I know the difference between right and wrong.

So we just ignore the bits about killing gays and the just use of slaves? I wouldn't consider those acts the ultimate expression of compassion.

Since you know so much about it, please show me where killing gays and the just use of slaves is referenced in the Bible.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Ok I have a question, why is it that anyone would want to let someone else do your thinking for you? Even if it is a wise old book.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Ok I have a question, why is it that anyone would want to let someone else do your thinking for you? Even if it is a wise old book.

My comment about the bible may piss some people off....

No man is perfect, right? The Bible was written by man, therefore, The Bible isn't perfect.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Mad Dog Wrote:Ok I have a question, why is it that anyone would want to let someone else do your thinking for you? Even if it is a wise old book.

I don't think that most Christians do let it "think for you." I know that over the years I've read the Bible, thought over what I read, made my personal interpretations of what I have read, and then decided I agreed with what was written.

I did the thinking for myself, it just happens that I agree with what is within the book.
Potthole, you bring up an excellent point. There have been several times that, while reading the Bible, God has spoken to me making the scripture I was reading much easier to understand.
Queenie Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:So we just ignore the bits about killing gays and the just use of slaves? I wouldn't consider those acts the ultimate expression of compassion.

Since you know so much about it, please show me where killing gays and the just use of slaves is referenced in the Bible.

Slavery was given foundational justification in the book of Genesis, the curse of Ham condemning Ham
Doktor Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Since you know so much about it, please show me where killing gays and the just use of slaves is referenced in the Bible.

Slavery was given foundational justification in the book of Genesis, the curse of Ham condemning Ham
Rock Monster Wrote:

No man is perfect, right? The Bible was written by man, therefore, The Bible isn't perfect.

Evangelicals claim that while the bible was written down by men, it was inspired by The Holy Spirit (God) and is therefore perfect, without contradiction. The problem is that once you begin to take an unbiased look at the bible, It is chocked full of contradictions. When you point them out, most Christians just fall back on the "who are you to judge God" argument.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Queenie Wrote:Potthole, you bring up an excellent point. There have been several times that, while reading the Bible, God has spoken to me making the scripture I was reading much easier to understand.

It could be that God has searched you out and favored you over the 4.5 billion other people on this earth and given you a helping hand in digesting His word. Or It could be that your belief is held so deeply, and you want Jesus Sooooo badly to be sitting in the pew next to you that your brain has released endorphins giving you extra insight and a feeling of total contentment. Could God have caused that endorphin release? Yes if He is there and No if he is not.
Queenie Wrote:Potthole, you bring up an excellent point. There have been several times that, while reading the Bible, God has spoken to me making the scripture I was reading much easier to understand.

I have a problem with this. It seems to defy common sense that you can understand something inspired by God, but also in an argument use the excuse "I don't try to understand God's will, I just accept it". Which one is it? All the time Christians say in response to a tragedy that "no one can understand God's plan", so who are you to claim you understand something that is supposedly written by the will of God.

Of course you could argue "The Bible is meant to be written as God's message for humans, so humans are capable of understanding what is written in it". But I also have a problem with this. Why do you allow yourself to claim such ignorance when trying to understand why things happen through God, but choose to become an expert when examining what God has written down for you? The Bible is not the entire basis of Christianity either, and therefore part of the basis of your religion has come from God in some other form. This form is through the Pope, who is said to speak for God when making papal decrees. If the Pope can interpret and act on God's will, then who are you to say that no one can understand God's will in response to a tragedy? No one is greater than anyone else in the eyes of God, so why is only the pope given this power to understand God's will and apply it to all of Christianity? If people were allowed to understand why things happen, they would have an easier time accepting God. You could say that faith doesn't come easy, but it was pretty damn easy back in the time of Jesus when all these "miracles" were occurring. Faith came quick and easy back then, and people were converted by the thousands.
Wow... I thought the BIBLE was written to document GODS word and interactions with the human race. I thought it was a collective work that shows GODS LOVE and HIS VENGANCE. I thought the BIBLE was THE BASIS of life in general and was OPEN TO INTERPRETATION of the many PARABLES contained within it. I DID NOT KNOW the BIBLE was created to DIS-PROVE GODS existance and DIS-PROVE that HIS WORD LIVES within many who choose to believe and have FAITH in the CREATOR. Now; 70 years ago slavery was alive in the UNITED STATES; today we have a somewhat "Black prez". Would anyone like to try to DIS-PROVE this statement. I am just saying that this arguement has been gaining momentum since the first christian and non-believer had the very same discussion. How's about we agree to disagree and wait and see what happens in the end.
OK Major A-hole I have a question, please explain to me in your mind What does this:

Major A-hole Wrote:Wow... I thought the BIBLE was written to document GODS word and interactions with the human race. I thought it was a collective work that shows GODS LOVE and HIS VENGANCE. I thought the BIBLE was THE BASIS of life in general and was OPEN TO INTERPRETATION of the many PARABLES contained within it. I DID NOT KNOW the BIBLE was created to DIS-PROVE GODS existance and DIS-PROVE that HIS WORD LIVES within many who choose to believe and have FAITH in the CREATOR.

Have to do with this:

Quote:Now; 70 years ago slavery was alive in the UNITED STATES; today we have a somewhat "Black prez". Would anyone like to try to DIS-PROVE this statement. I am just saying that this arguement has been gaining momentum since the first christian and non-believer had the very same discussion. How's about we agree to disagree and wait and see what happens in the end.
Undecided ??? Undecided :Smile
Was just using it as an example; a bad example at that. Point is there will always be non-believers and christians argueing over wether there is a GOD or not. What I believe to be true may not be what you believe. Seems to me this whole thread is non-believers getting their rocks off by stirring the pot. It is pointless to ask questions if you are not interested. Its kinda like that person at work that you cannot stand; you still ask them how they are doing just to piss them off. Now there is a difference in getting a p.o.v. And stirring the pot. You sir are stirring the pot.
Rock Monster Wrote:

correct in a way. the bible clearly states that it is the inspired word of God... " God breathed " so the ? is do you believe its the infalible word of God. God spoke through the writers and through God the bible has remained unchanged and perfect.. so once again it leads back to do you believe what the bible says on not.
Mad Dog Wrote:

It could be that God has searched you out and favored you over the 4.5 billion other people on this earth and given you a helping hand in digesting His word. Or It could be that your belief is held so deeply, and you want Jesus Sooooo badly to be sitting in the pew next to you that your brain has released endorphins giving you extra insight and a feeling of total contentment. Could God have caused that endorphin release? Yes if He is there and No if he is not.

So you are saying that nobody else in this entire world has ever had God speak to them, whether it be in interpreting the Bible or otherwise? I know what I have experienced, and it is what it is.
speedbump Wrote:

I have a problem with this. It seems to defy common sense that you can understand something inspired by God, but also in an argument use the excuse "I don't try to understand God's will, I just accept it". Which one is it? All the time Christians say in response to a tragedy that "no one can understand God's plan", so who are you to claim you understand something that is supposedly written by the will of God.

Of course you could argue "The Bible is meant to be written as God's message for humans, so humans are capable of understanding what is written in it". But I also have a problem with this. Why do you allow yourself to claim such ignorance when trying to understand why things happen through God, but choose to become an expert when examining what God has written down for you? The Bible is not the entire basis of Christianity either, and therefore part of the basis of your religion has come from God in some other form. This form is through the Pope, who is said to speak for God when making papal decrees. If the Pope can interpret and act on God's will, then who are you to say that no one can understand God's will in response to a tragedy? No one is greater than anyone else in the eyes of God, so why is only the pope given this power to understand God's will and apply it to all of Christianity? If people were allowed to understand why things happen, they would have an easier time accepting God. You could say that faith doesn't come easy, but it was pretty damn easy back in the time of Jesus when all these "miracles" were occurring. Faith came quick and easy back then, and people were converted by the thousands.

Firstly, see my response to maddog.

Secondly, having experienced a true miracle first-hand, I can guarantee you there was no common sense anywhere in the equation. I do not claim to be an "expert" at anything, as you so put it. I do not think I have ever claimed to be an expert at the Bible. This forum is for members to express their personal views about subjects, which I have, being a member, done. I do not push my views on anyone. I simply share what has happened in my life. I have spoken with God on several occasions, and He has spoken to me. I do not recall saying that anybody should not question or not have a response to any given tragedy, I have only stated that I do not have a negative response to any given tragedy. I have lost many loved ones in my life, to a myraid of circumstances, and NO I do NOT question the "reasoning" behind them. I only know that they have been spared from this horrible world and have gone on to a much better place. These are my beliefs. Take them or leave them. It's truly a personal choice, just as the choice to believe in God is.
Queenie Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:It could be that God has searched you out and favored you over the 4.5 billion other people on this earth and given you a helping hand in digesting His word. Or It could be that your belief is held so deeply, and you want Jesus Sooooo badly to be sitting in the pew next to you that your brain has released endorphins giving you extra insight and a feeling of total contentment. Could God have caused that endorphin release? Yes if He is there and No if he is not.

So you are saying that nobody else in this entire world has ever had God speak to them, whether it be in interpreting the Bible or otherwise? I know what I have experienced, and it is what it is.

No refuting that Queenie, if you know it, you know it. I'm glad you have something that keeps your life anchored. Its just not that simple for a lot of us. I wish I could believe like you do. In some ways it would make my life a lot easier. Church would provide an instant network of friends and the bible an instant frame work for life. But if God does exist, then my relationship with Him through my prospective, has been like a son and his abusive father. And I choose not to hang around if he continually wants to beat me up.
Maddog....ummm maybe,(and I am not trying to be an ass); you hold so much anger in your heart that there is no room for anything else. Your life is what you make it. Look; my mother is a harlot that married 6 men and divorced them just as quickly. One of those men beat me unmercifully for 7 years starting when I was 5yrs old. There would be times I did not go to school for a couple weeks at a time because of the bruises. Not to mention we moved every 5 to 6 months because human services was trying to take me away from the hell I was in. I held that anger for a long time. Then I realized that all that anger was tearing me apart inside so I called the man that beat me. I asked him why it happened and then I told him; "I forgive you" and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I still had a problem; I could not forgive my mother because let's face it, the first time it happened she should have left him. I struggled with this for years. I prayed about it one night and I KNOW GOD spoke to me in my dreams. I told him I wanted to ask him for forgivness but how could I when I could not forgive others myself? I was told "forgive as I forgive"; I asked how is that and HE said "REPEATEDLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY". I woke crying with joy. I could finally forgive the woman who gave birth to me. I had not talked to my mother for about 3.5 yrs. I called her and told her that I forgave her but that does not mean I have to invite her back into my life. Forgiving others allowed me to move on with my life. Now I do not dwell on a "bad childhood". I'm just saying it sounds like your storing a lot of anger inside and harboring anger makes killers of men.
Mad Dog Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:So you are saying that nobody else in this entire world has ever had God speak to them, whether it be in interpreting the Bible or otherwise? I know what I have experienced, and it is what it is.

No refuting that Queenie, if you know it, you know it. I'm glad you have something that keeps your life anchored. Its just not that simple for a lot of us. I wish I could believe like you do. In some ways it would make my life a lot easier. Church would provide an instant network of friends and the bible an instant frame work for life. But if God does exist, then my relationship with Him through my prospective, has been like a son and his abusive father. And I choose not to hang around if he continually wants to beat me up.

Just asking, but are you inferring that God is berating you? Just so you know, God is never "mad" at his children. You may be feeling guilty for something you are doing that you know you shouldn't be, and in turn, take the fact that the Bible says you shouldn't being doing something as you being "bad." Nothing surprises God. A lot of times, people will not open their minds to allow God to have an intimate relationship with them because they are worried that He will "get on to" them. God would never do that, he will only attempt to guide you and comfort you. Some people use this line of thinking as an excuse NOT to get close with God. It's a tough job sometimes, and like I have said before, I am no saint. But I know that He only wants the best for me and wants me to be happy. The only people that should be scared of God are the people who worship another "god" or the devil. God is a jealous god. He definitely does not want anything getting between He and his children.
Major A-hole Wrote:Maddog....ummm maybe,(and I am not trying to be an ass); you hold so much anger in your heart that there is no room for anything else. Your life is what you make it. Look; my mother is a harlot that married 6 men and divorced them just as quickly. One of those men beat me unmercifully for 7 years starting when I was 5yrs old. There would be times I did not go to school for a couple weeks at a time because of the bruises. Not to mention we moved every 5 to 6 months because human services was trying to take me away from the hell I was in. I held that anger for a long time. Then I realized that all that anger was tearing me apart inside so I called the man that beat me. I asked him why it happened and then I told him; "I forgive you" and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I still had a problem; I could not forgive my mother because let's face it, the first time it happened she should have left him. I struggled with this for years. I prayed about it one night and I KNOW GOD spoke to me in my dreams. I told him I wanted to ask him for forgivness but how could I when I could not forgive others myself? I was told "forgive as I forgive"; I asked how is that and HE said "REPEATEDLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY". I woke crying with joy. I could finally forgive the woman who gave birth to me. I had not talked to my mother for about 3.5 yrs. I called her and told her that I forgave her but that does not mean I have to invite her back into my life. Forgiving others allowed me to move on with my life. Now I do not dwell on a "bad childhood". I'm just saying it sounds like your storing a lot of anger inside and harboring anger makes killers of men.

You are so right! What is in a person, comes out of a person. If you have hatred in your soul over anything, that hatred will come out. Likewise, if you have love in your soul, that is what will come out of you. If you find yourself being angry most of the time, you probably have more anger than love in your heart. And there is only so much space. If you retain unforgivingness in your soul, there will be no room for love. When you hold in anger and hatred for someone, you are allowing that person to retain control over your life. Let it go and get on with your life. Some will say, well it is not that easy. Sure it is. That is your choice to either retain or release those feelings. You don't have to forget them, just forgive them.
Major A-hole Wrote:you hold so much anger in your heart that there is no room for anything else.
I got this impression from his posts too. I just didn't want to be the one to say it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
So much discussion, but now that I'm caught up on it, I feel I can add to this. But I want to comment on the whole women's issues...Krys...the Bible does hold a lot of verses that can be mis-interpreted by women looking to say that it is biased....but you mst remember that the words have been translated multiple times. The words that we read may have multiple meanings. Being submissive to your husband isn't about letting him be in control of everything, it's about opening your heart to him and abiding with him, creating a stronger union. Women were not created to prevent beastiality....they were created to be a mate, because no suitable helper was found for Adam. As for the pain of childbith, it is written in the Bible, that it is part of the punishment for original sin....just as death is. I can be a strong woman, and I can read and believe what is written, and understand that God does not see me as less of a human because I am woman....heck, if he considered woman lesser, why did he give US the ability to bear children? By looking only for the negative about women, you miss the amazing women that are a part of Biblical history.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
Women weren't created to prevent bestiality, they were officially made "human" so men wouldn't be guilty of the sin of bestiality.

If childbirth hurts because of original sin, why does it hurt a man to pass a kidney stone? It has to do with the nervous system and the fact that pain is natural, not because of Eve.
Women were created as human....taken from man, and made as a suitable mate. There is pain in the world because of sin....the place where Adam and Eve were meant to live was perfect, a paradise, without pain, and a place where they could walk and interact with God, when sin entered into the picture, they could not be there, and there were consequences. Pain is one of those consequences, and the pain of childbirth just happens to be mentioned as one in particular.
I could never understand a god who created good things, call it a sin, and punish us. Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge, right? Why create questions and claim them unanswerable? Why create sex if lust is a sin? Should we be happy with what we have or strive for more?
There are no unanswerable questions, but rather answers beyond our comprehension.....like trying to explain calculus to an infant. Sex was created so that we could populate the Earth, and we shoud be content with what we have, but should work to better ourselves, not necessarily to get more stuff. the Bible tells us that God wants us to strive to be the best we can, to seek Him to know Him better. He also tells us that there will be hard times, but he won't give us more than we can handle. The "why do bad things happen to good people?" question s fairly simple for believers.....it's because God said they would. I know that my life on Earth won't be perfect, far from it. I won't have it easy because I'm a believer....in fact, I will fall under persecution, I will have hard times, and there will be tests of my faith. However, I also have faith in a God who is bigger than me, bigger than anything, and that no matter what, He is there to guide me through, and He will never expect me to do what he knows I can't.
Okay, those are your beliefs, here are some of mine:

I believe in me. I believe I should strive to be a better person to benefit humanity, not my own soul. I feel like that idea is a bribe.

I believe that knowledge is power, but I don't need to know or understand everything. But I do believe I have the right to that knowledge.

I believe I should carve my own destiny, no matter how small, not believe that my destiny has been made for me. I believe actions have consequences, and sometimes, so does inaction. I believe I have a choice in everything I do. I do not believe life, death, and events are pre-ordained because that's a cop-out.

Why would God orchestrate events with such complexity when a simple heart attack would do? I would say it's human fallibility and physics at work. You say it's God. I like my explanation better.
Major A-hole Wrote:Maddog....ummm maybe,(and I am not trying to be an ass); you hold so much anger in your heart that there is no room for anything else. Your life is what you make it. Look; my mother is a harlot that married 6 men and divorced them just as quickly. One of those men beat me unmercifully for 7 years starting when I was 5yrs old. There would be times I did not go to school for a couple weeks at a time because of the bruises. Not to mention we moved every 5 to 6 months because human services was trying to take me away from the hell I was in. I held that anger for a long time. Then I realized that all that anger was tearing me apart inside so I called the man that beat me. I asked him why it happened and then I told him; "I forgive you" and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I still had a problem; I could not forgive my mother because let's face it, the first time it happened she should have left him. I struggled with this for years. I prayed about it one night and I KNOW GOD spoke to me in my dreams. I told him I wanted to ask him for forgivness but how could I when I could not forgive others myself? I was told "forgive as I forgive"; I asked how is that and HE said "REPEATEDLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY". I woke crying with joy. I could finally forgive the woman who gave birth to me. I had not talked to my mother for about 3.5 yrs. I called her and told her that I forgave her but that does not mean I have to invite her back into my life. Forgiving others allowed me to move on with my life. Now I do not dwell on a "bad childhood". I'm just saying it sounds like your storing a lot of anger inside and harboring anger makes killers of men.

What would you think if I knew FOR A FACT without QUESTION OF A DOUBT that a flying spaghetti monster talked to me. It doesn't matter what YOU believe I KNOW what happened.
speedbump Wrote:What would you think if I knew FOR A FACT without QUESTION OF A DOUBT that a flying spaghetti monster talked to me. It doesn't matter what YOU believe I KNOW what happened.

That is what I call my Theory of Herbert.

If you spoke to an invisible man who saw all and knew all and called him Herbert, I would be crazy. If I spoke to an invisible man who saw all and knew all and called him God, I'm religious. What's the difference here? None. Either way, I'm crazy.
speedbump Wrote:

What would you think if I knew FOR A FACT without QUESTION OF A DOUBT that a flying spaghetti monster talked to me. It doesn't matter what YOU believe I KNOW what happened.

And the purpose of this was ____________?

I mean if you really talked to a flying spaghetti monster, that's great, but I was just trying to figure out if you were trying to relay another thought here. Seriously, not to be maleficent.
Unknown entities. Yours is called God, his is the "flying spaghetti monster". They both save souls.
Speedbump. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Plain and simple. Good luck with that spaghetti monster, (their down fall is parmesan cheese) they can be a little scary sometimes. Are you and maddog related, your posts are quite similar.
Krystal Wrote:Unknown entities. Yours is called God, his is the "flying spaghetti monster". They both save souls.
When this flying spaghetti monster fulfills over 400 ancient prophecies with eye-witness accounts I will worship him instead of Jesus.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.