• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home raffle
Looks like a really nice prize if you win:

http://temp.hhconstructioncom.officelive...fault.aspx
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Looks like a really nice prize if you win:

http://temp.hhconstructioncom.officelive...fault.aspx
I'm winning me a house!!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
That would be sweet, but what would the property taxes be like? And also the taxes that the government would make you pay for winning something. It seems like unless you have some cash to spend, you're screwed right off the bat. It'd be nice to win a home (my wife and I are looking to buy our first one right now) but I'd have to take out a loan just to pay off the taxes.
cuppie Wrote:That would be sweet, but what would the property taxes be like? And also the taxes that the government would make you pay for winning something. It seems like unless you have some cash to spend, you're screwed right off the bat. It'd be nice to win a home (my wife and I are looking to buy our first one right now) but I'd have to take out a loan just to pay off the taxes.

The home was on the market for $265,000. If you win, just sell it for like $150,000, pay the taxes, and still have about $100,000 for a down payment on an affordable home.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Yeah that would be nice but it's still hard to sell a house right now. I guess selling it for half of it's market value would work though.
Rock Monster Wrote:
cuppie Wrote:That would be sweet, but what would the property taxes be like? And also the taxes that the government would make you pay for winning something. It seems like unless you have some cash to spend, you're screwed right off the bat. It'd be nice to win a home (my wife and I are looking to buy our first one right now) but I'd have to take out a loan just to pay off the taxes.

The home was on the market for $265,000. If you win, just sell it for like $150,000, pay the taxes, and still have about $100,000 for a down payment on an affordable home.
This was my thoughts exactly.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Yea... I saw that back in like November and they've only sold like 100 tickets since then.

There are a few things that make me wondering about it and they refused to answer my questions about it. It's a raffle and based on the value of the prize they need a license to do so and they also tried this over in Detroit and they had to give all the people their money back but yea if you manage to win just reselling it for cheap and everyone wins in the end.
6500 tickets x $50 = $325,000
So, a house they're having trouble selling for $265,000 could make them $60,000 MORE via this "raffle?"
Nice scam...
facelessvoiceme2 Wrote:6500 tickets x $50 = $325,000
So, a house they're having trouble selling for $265,000 could make them $60,000 MORE via this "raffle?"
Nice scam...
How is this a scam? Undecided

They are a business trying to make money. Somebody wins a house and they make money. Everyone wins. So again, where exactly is the scam?
Nice scam...

I'd say it's only a scam if somebody were to get duped into buying all the tickets.

Since that's not the case, whoever wins will get the house for well below the value of the home. Winner gets a great deal on a house, seller finds a way to actually make some money on a home sale- sounds win-win to me.
Nice scam...

There is no scam. The likelihood of selling all 6,500 tickets is almost non-existent. In the $60,000 "profit" if all the tickets are sold, you have to take into account the real estate commission (approx. $16,000), the cost of advertising, the cost of printing the tickets, and soft costs (i.e. survey, title policy, attorney fees and closing costs, etc.).
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Nice scam...

There is no scam. The likelihood of selling all 6,500 tickets is almost non-existent. In the $60,000 "profit" if all the tickets are sold, you have to take into account the real estate commission (approx. $16,000), the cost of advertising, the cost of printing the tickets, and soft costs (i.e. survey, title policy, attorney fees and closing costs, etc.).

Not only is she queen of whore island folks, she's queen of real estate! (Well....as far as this board is concerned)
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Raffle canceled.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hhconstructionllc.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hhconstructionllc.com/default.aspx</a><!-- m -->
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Not surprising that the raffle was cancelled. This raffle may have also been noticed by those who work for the Housing Dept. I remember a few years ago there was a reality show and the winner as voted by the neighbors would win a house. Feds got involved and show got cancelled. Not sure if this is the same or not, but besides slow ticket sales that could be a reason.