Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Cinematic Clich
Awesome list. FB&HW need to go over this list.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jhudna...-must-die/
Actually those 10 cliches are awesome, Eff that guy.
While were doing top 10 lists I figured I would throw this one in the mix:
http://www.cracked.com/article_14932_top...gists.html
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Wow, that list DOES suck. Every single one of those character types represent an inner conflict within each of them. Conflict is the foundation of any plot. If you remove the conflict, you're left with no story.
I like the Scientology list better. Though it did depress me to see Leah Remini on there. She's like the celebrity version of me.
That's what she said.
Cracked is an awesome website and I don't have a top 10, but how about a funny top 7.....well, here you go.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17031_7-p...-have.html
your momma Wrote:Cracked is an awesome website and I don't have a top 10, but how about a funny top 7.....well, here you go.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17031_7-p...-have.html
Awesome list. I never heard the story about the Japanese dude, so funny.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
one plotline that has been overplayed is the "revenge for the murdered family member" routine. it doesn't motivate me to watch anymore.
I thought the list was very amusing. I'm so tired of "formula" movies and TV. Which, is most all of it. The stupid husband, the nagging wife, the sassy kids, the sexy neighbor, the wise neighbor. Not much like real life.

I do however love lists like this. This is one I found eons ago, maybe some of you have seen it. It's called:

The Top Rejected Childrens Book Titles:

You Are Different and That's Bad

The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables

Dad's New Wife Robert

Fun Four-Letter Words to Know and Share

Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book

The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking.

Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence

All Cats Go to Hell

The Little Sissy Who Snitched

Some Puppies Can Fly

That's it, I'm Putting You Up for Adoption

Grandpa Gets a Casket

The Magic World Inside the Abandoned Refrigerator

Garfield Gets Feline Leukemia

The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy

Strangers Have the Best Candy

Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way

You Were an Accident

Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will

Pop! Goes The Hamster...And Other Great Microwave Games

The Man in the Moon Is Actually Satan

Your Nightmares Are Real

Where Would You Like to Be Buried?

Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School

Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?

Places Where Mommy and Daddy Hide Neat Things

Daddy Drinks Because You Cry

I especially love the last one. Big Grin
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
The reality of screenwriting is that every single plot is essentially a revision to Homer's "The Odyssey" or "The Iliad". I don't care which movie you're watching, it's not original, as it's simply a re-write of one or both.
Even The Terminator?
ESPECIALLY The Terminator.
I don't recall time travelling robots in either of those ancient stories.
Doktor Wrote:I don't recall time travelling robots in either of those ancient stories.
*Tommy Chong voice*
You gotta read between the lines mannnn. It'll hit you in the face if you're paying attention.
Robots aren't a plot. They're characters acting out a plot. If you analyze the root plot of Terminator, I guarantee you'll see Homer in there.
HOMER SIMPSON was in the Terminator?!
Oddly, as I was explaining it, I wondered who it would be that posted a Simpson's reference....
Ok so...

The Future is a terrible place, the human resistance is actually gaining some footing so the Robots decide to kill the leader before he was born. Time Travel.

Also, what elements from the Odyssey can you pick from say...Dumbo?
hotzester Wrote:Oddly, as I was explaining it, I wondered who it would be that posted a Simpson's reference....

It was MEEEEEEE!!!! I had to do it. Couldn't be helped. 8-)
Quote:Also, what elements from the Odyssey can you pick from say...Dumbo?

You're going to have to try harder from that. Let me quote TV writer and author Larry Brody, to give a quick synopsis of The Odyssey:

Quote:"...man against the gods who falls out of one trap and into another while lovers, partners in life, struggle to be reunited."

Plot of Dumbo: Dumbo's mom gets angry at the other animals for teasing her son, and she is separated from Dumbo (a fall out from gods). Dumbo (Odysseus) and his partner in life (Mrs. Jumbo) struggle to be reunited.

Obviously this is a Readers' Digest version of both plots. There's no way I could summarize The Odyssey and retain a forum-friendly length.