Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dog incident?
On Thurs Feb 5ths show at around 9:30 they were talking about Erics Dog Incident from the show. It seems familliar (I probably heard it and forgot) but I cant remember what it is and its bothering me.
They said it recently ran on best of and zane got more hate mail.

What was the story behind that?!
Zane got on the radio and said "So Joe, I had to beat my dog yesterday!" and started laughing. The story that followed was one of Eric having to discipline his dog, and while nobody can really know whether he was appropriate in what he did to his dog or not, he made it sound like he thought violence against animals was just hilarious.

I agree that he was a little inappropriate in what he said, but any regular listener knows that he really loves and cares for his dogs.
Yes, Eric hates animals, they all hate bass players because they don't actually play bass and one of them will be fired in the near future.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
The only dog incident I recall was when chaos was breaking loose in the zane household, the dogs started fighting, Zane tried to break them up and there was a spilled and/or exploded coffee thrown in the mix. I will have to do some research because it sounds like this is a separate dog incident.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Yeah hopstah, that rings a bell.
hopstah Wrote:Zane got on the radio and said "So Joe, I had to beat my dog yesterday!" and started laughing. The story that followed was one of Eric having to discipline his dog, and while nobody can really know whether he was appropriate in what he did to his dog or not, he made it sound like he thought violence against animals was just hilarious.

I agree that he was a little inappropriate in what he said, but any regular listener knows that he really loves and cares for his dogs.

This is it.
He talked about picking up his dogs by the hindquarters and punching them -- most likely tongue-in-cheek but people didn't react to it very well.

Zane, of course, thought he was hilarious.
No he punched one of his dogs in the head.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
Yeah, he punched his dog in the face because it wouldn't come to him. And hopstah is right, the laughter made it a lot worse (even though Zane will sometimes laugh as a defense mechanism, it came across as though he enjoyed beating animals). His apology afterwards seemed very sincere though.
Anyone know what the segment was titled? I have podcascts dating back a long time, id like to hear it. I typed in Dog but didn't get much help there.