Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't get my podcast through iTunes
I bought a subscription to the podcast and get the podcast however I can't get it through iTunes. I use the same e-mail. I subscribed to the podcast on iTunes. I've searched via the link I was given. I've received different links from Dean and all are the same. I think he's sick of me and is convince I'm an idiot which is definately possible. All I get is podcast from late June. Can anyone help me?
Try it in a different podcast fetcher. If it won't work there, the problem is with your link. If it does, the problem is with iTunes.
dt457 Wrote:I bought a subscription to the podcast and get the podcast however I can't get it through iTunes. I use the same e-mail. I subscribed to the podcast on iTunes. I've searched via the link I was given. I've received different links from Dean and all are the same. I think he's sick of me and is convince I'm an ambulance driver which is definately possible. All I get is podcast from late June. Can anyone help me?

Good thing you read through this thread first:

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=2522

Whatever you do, don't read the top threads on a forum.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Thanks Biff for that insightful help. I did read that thread and there was nothing in there that helped. Fortunately someone else decided to take this oppertunity to help someone else instead of being an ignorant jerk.
That thread contains plenty of posts about what to do if you can't get your podcast link to download properly.
potthole Wrote:That thread contains plenty of posts about what to do if you can't get your podcast link to download properly.

Yes but it contains nothing to help if the problem is with itunes itself, which means even if he read that thread there was no info that would help him.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
We got it figured out, all set.
zdunklee Wrote:
potthole Wrote:That thread contains plenty of posts about what to do if you can't get your podcast link to download properly.

Yes but it contains nothing to help if the problem is with itunes itself, which means even if he read that thread there was no info that would help him.

Sure there is... if iTunes isn't working, try another program. One would think that option would come to mind pretty quickly and easily.
potthole Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:Yes but it contains nothing to help if the problem is with itunes itself, which means even if he read that thread there was no info that would help him.

Sure there is... if iTunes isn't working, try another program. One would think that option would come to mind pretty quickly and easily.

As previously stated, that is NOT in the thread. If you can point it out to me without an edit, more power too you. We must remember not everyone is tech savvy enough to know there are even other podcast programs out there.
I'm concerned that Potthole's blood pressure is going to go through the roof and I'd rather not see that happen so...

Other podcatchers have been mentioned numerous times in the Podcasting section of the board, some examples you can try are Juice, MyPodder, and Azureus if in the future you want to step away from iTunes.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Heh, I'm good, thanks, though, Torque. Wow, that's a lot of commas.
Yes your use is impeccable!
zdunklee Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Sure there is... if iTunes isn't working, try another program. One would think that option would come to mind pretty quickly and easily.

As previously stated, that is NOT in the thread. If you can point it out to me without an edit, more power too you. We must remember not everyone is tech savvy enough to know there are even other podcast programs out there.

I would think, however, that if one is able to post on here, they are also able to use Google to find info on downloading podcasts.
I agree with you potthole, but come on have you read some of the things people post on here? I don't think being able to post on a forum implies common sense...
zdunklee Wrote:I agree with you potthole, but come on have you read some of the things people post on here? I don't think being able to post on a forum implies common sense...

The man has a good point.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
zdunklee Wrote:I agree with you potthole, but come on have you read some of the things people post on here? I don't think being able to post on a forum implies common sense...

And there you have me beat. Game, set, match.
I'll tell you what, I'll work on an "almost complete guide to getting your podcast to work" and post it here once I get it done. I'm just going to do it for iTunes, but will include names of other fetchers as well so that all that info is in one place.
I've considered doing something similar, but haven't ever really known where to start. That'd be awesome if you were to whip something like that up- we'll stick it up at the top right away.
Torque's post left me commatose.
I always use too many or not enough. Well, at least there will always be puns.
And what would kind of world would we be leaving our children if we didn't perpetuate the puns?