Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Musician Ever?
Hey Folks,
Me and my friend got into a fight earlier about who the greatest musicians who ever lived are. I said for drummer Joey Jordison of Slipknot and Guitarist Jimi Hendrix. He said Travis Barker and Slash. I was just kinda curious if anyone agrees or disagrees with me? If you have anyone i overlooked please mention them.

This is a video of Joey Jordison incase you have never seen him before
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/sp_PJrPgpk8&hl=en[/flash]

thanks,
ghst
Interesting topic, I would have to throw Carter Beauford of DMB in there for best drummer...if not best drummer then largest effing drum set up. Although your choice of drummer isn't bad either, only the first half of this video really matters. I'm not sure Travis Barker holds a candle to either of these two guys.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/KOatIrazULw&hl=en[/flash]

Of course there is always Neil Pert of Rush, from 3:30 on in the vid below,

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/Sa0C5Uxpd3c&hl=en[/flash]

You also can't forget John Bonham from Led Zepplin in this discussion either...

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/u_fwcFjzyik&hl=en[/flash]
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
[Image: 4147QN3ETRL.jpg]
[Image: ted-nugent.jpg]

question answered. we're done here.
I disagree with all of you:

[Image: 8064~Ashlee-Simpson-Posters.jpg]
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
[Image: d-e_d-1980-720.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I don't know who this is. Try someone that has been relavent in the last 20 years.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
<--
is that wierd al?
your momma Wrote:is that wierd al?
yes
actually, "weird" al. close enough.
[Image: Dave_grohl_modified.jpg]

that's right bitches. found the biggest Effing picture I could....
Jo Wrote:[Image: ted-nugent.jpg]

question answered. we're done here.

And he's suuuper-awesome in concert!
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
dingdongyo Wrote:
your momma Wrote:is that wierd al?
yes
actually, "weird" al. close enough.

DAMMIT!! I'm sick....must have been coughing up a lung when I posted....sorry.
[Image: album-tiny-bubbles.jpg]

My fav
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
This Guy

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/XAg5KjnAhuU&hl=en[/flash]

And a second Vote for The Master

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/XbVtbc_XzrI&hl=en[/flash]

Quite possibly Donny Osmond's best performance ever
Wowie Groovie !
Titan, that is fantastic!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
White & Nerdy is awesome. Lost on Jeopardy ranks on up there too. I find myself, when listening to a song that Weird Al has remade, singing his lyrics instead of the original ones.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Weird Al is fantastic in concert.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Weird Al is fantastic in concert.

Dude the energy that guy throws around on stage is incredible. Best live concert i've ever seen.

HE PULLED OUT A GUN AND SHOT SANTA !
Wowie Groovie !
Referring back to the original post and the video that was linked:

Is there any more waste of time at a concert than a drum solo?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
The Drum Solo, AKA: Time for another beer
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Weird Al is fantastic in concert.

Dude the energy that guy throws around on stage is incredible. Best live concert i've ever seen.

HE PULLED OUT A GUN AND SHOT SANTA !

word. i've seen him 5 times, and i'd go again any day.

the best drum solo i've ever seen is jon "bermuda" schwartz ("weird" al's drummer, for those of you that don't know nothin')
My favorite band I have ever seen in concert is Cowboy Mouth, a small band from N'Orleans. I saw them 13 times before one of the original members left the group, and twice after (it just wasn't the same). I wouldn't say any of them are "Best Musician" material, but they put on an awesome show.
Titan ! Wrote:The Drum Solo, AKA: Time for another beer

Word!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Admin Wrote:Referring back to the original post and the video that was linked:

During that show in particular the guitarist Mick Thompson was hurt when a fan threw a somthing at him. While waiting for the doctor to arrive to look at his arm they need somthing to kill some time before the audience went nuts. Joey volunteered to go out and kill a little bit of time until the doctor arrived. Hence, this video was born
Mikesmalltalk Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Referring back to the original post and the video that was linked:

During that show in particular the guitarist Mick Thompson was hurt when a fan threw a somthing at him. While waiting for the doctor to arrive to look at his arm they need somthing to kill some time before the audience went nuts. Joey volunteered to go out and kill a little bit of time until the doctor arrived. Hence, this video was born

so that solo wasn't planned at all? even the part with the choreographed lights and the stage turning him upside down?
dingdongyo Wrote:
Mikesmalltalk Wrote:During that show in particular the guitarist Mick Thompson was hurt when a fan threw a somthing at him. While waiting for the doctor to arrive to look at his arm they need somthing to kill some time before the audience went nuts. Joey volunteered to go out and kill a little bit of time until the doctor arrived. Hence, this video was born

so that solo wasn't planned at all? even the part with the choreographed lights and the stage turning him upside down?

You have to admit that's a valid question.
Krystal Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:so that solo wasn't planned at all? even the part with the choreographed lights and the stage turning him upside down?

You have to admit that's a valid question.

At all slipknot concerts the stage moves for drummer. The whole solo wasn't supposed to be shown until their summer concert tour Mayhem Fest but due to the circumstances they used Craig Jones to do the lights and they pulled it off. The solo was originally planned to be used during the summer concert's break intervals and since joey and Craig planned most of it they were able to put it all together
Why would anyone want to know that? I mean, I like Slipknot okay, but really could care less.
[Image: george-harrison-album.jpg]
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
^ semi-agree. Would have totally agreed if you'd just said the Beatles. I do heart the Beatles.
Well they are my favorite group but since it is just best musician I had to pick my favorite from the band.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
True.
[Image: JimiHendrix2.jpg]
I dunno about best ever.. I doubt you'd ever find a consensus. But I think these two are pretty incredible. The way the chick plays is crazy... plus they headbang while rockin old-school lookin guitars. 8-)

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/L0CsLefLisE&hl=en[/flash]
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
^^^Awesome find. I want to play just like that!!
Yeah, I've got a couple of their albums. They're friggin awesome. They started playin in a metal group in Mexico, but I guess they got tired of the scene. Somehow, they ended up in Ireland playin clubs with music like this.. they ended up having a #1 song in Ireland.. kinda odd for a Mexican duo. Smile They have other Metallica covers (check the vid links at the end of the video) and also do a nice rendition of Stairway to Heaven.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Yeah, I've got a couple of their albums. They're friggin awesome. They started playin in a metal group in Mexico, but I guess they got tired of the scene. Somehow, they ended up in Ireland playin clubs with music like this.. they ended up having a #1 song in Ireland.. kinda odd for a Mexican duo. Smile They have other Metallica covers (check the vid links at the end of the video) and also do a nice rendition of Stairway to Heaven.

Yeah, I already checked out a lot of their videos just since you posted this. I went to their website and peaked around at some things. Checked out their Wiki. I can probably right a book about them now. Once I find something that sparks my interest I latch onto it that's for sure.
She plays like August Rush!!! I love it!
Biff, thank you for your restraint in this thread. Can you believe I haven't commented either?
I'm so goth, I shit bats.