Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else here a hardcore Horror fan?
I've been pretty stoked to see the 13th, I might go this weekend.

Also Quarantine, and I can link anyone to the original [Rec] if they want it.
I don't know if i'm a hardcore fan, but I like horror movies, and I went to see the new Friday, last Friday.
Wowie Groovie !
And it was?
It was okay. It's a relaunch of the franchise, but they really didn't do anything new with it, other than Jason being somewhat more intelligent, it's still just a slasher in the woods movie.
Wowie Groovie !
Good to hear.
no, zombies and zombie like creatures scare me.
Did you see My Bloody Valentine 3D? Def. lived up to the bloody part.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I'll rent Bloody Valentine. It doesn't scream "see me in theatres!" to me.

However Friday the 13th has a LEGACY that DEMANDS it.

Did anyone see the Omen remake? (or is that even out yet?)
I don't watch horror movies. If I had read the topic of this thread, I would have skipped it like I do the Lost thread.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
o....k?
Queenie Wrote:I don't watch horror movies. If I had read the topic of this thread, I would have skipped it like I do the Lost thread.

/Learn to read, hahaha/
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
ha i LOVE horror films..the gorier the better !!!
Jiggy Wrote:Did you see My Bloody Valentine 3D? Def. lived up to the bloody part.

Going to have to check and see if that's still in the theatres around here, that's definetly something to see on the big screen
Wowie Groovie !
I've had a history of anxiety attacks for the past year and a half although I've had them under control for the last 5 months. I almost got another one when I went to go see that until I talked myself out of it. Of course I don't really like horror films though. Call me a pussy I don't care.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
pussy.

What... he told me to...
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The Exorcist is my all time favorite movie. Followed by Halloween, The Shining, and the first Saw movie.

Friday The Thirteenth and Nightmare scared the shit out of me when I was younger and I haven't been able to sit through either one since.
I like them but I hate them but I like them but I hate them.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I enjoy the saw movies
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
horror/thrillers are my favs
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
sunshyne Wrote:no, zombies and zombie like creatures scare me.

What are you going to do once the undead rise?
Friday the 13th was a good movie. Young people who do not know much about the franchise were excited to see this. In our theaters, people were packed to see this movie. I have been an avid follower of the franchise for a long time and as a stand alone film, ignoring all the others, it was good!
OHHHH I almost forgot about the Texas Chainsaw Movies...the one with Jessica Biel is almost too hard to sit through, I liked it better than the original. The part where he hangs that dude on a meat hook over the piano and jams a handful of salt into his newly amputated leg...yeah. You can't eat anything watching that one. :o
I think after crap like Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason X, and Jason Goes To Hell the franchise was in dire need of a reboot.
Doktor Wrote:

That sounds like a good title for a thread.
Wowie Groovie !
Doktor Wrote:I think after crap like Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason X, and Jason Goes To Hell the franchise was in dire need of a reboot.

Did you like Freddy Vs Jason ? I thought it was a good movie, and I've enjoyed watching it many times.

There's an excellent article in the special edition DVD that talks about why it took so long to actually get the movie made, and it also talks about script development, and the various treatments the script went through, in one unused draft of the script, they actually had Jason drving a Camaro.

Annnnd. HOLY BALLS, dudes you need to see Valentine in the theatre, you will not be able to duplicate that experience in your home. HUGE screen and 3d, with tons of gore and over the top nudity. That was the most fun I've had in a theatre since that time in high school with Sarah Vanderslee.
Wowie Groovie !
Freddy vs Jason was awesome.
I have a hard time finding Horror movies that are really scary to me. When I was a little kid (I am talking LITTLE) I started watching them with my stepmom... I think it kinda desensitized me, because I generally find horror movies campy, cheap and predictable... It is so funny because my husband gets all jittery after watching horror movies, and I laugh at him.

I prefer ones like Seven and the like if I am going to watch horror movies....
Did you see The Strangers?
I figure that the fantasical plots most horror movies have can be trumped by stuff like The Strangers, a down-to-earth grounded in reality thriller.
Nope, I have not seen it. I might look into it though.
Doktor Wrote:

Trust me, I'm preparing... bullets and beans
Good. Everyone should prepare, machetes and matches are going to be like gold.