Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Our New Texas/Kansas Friends...
I know. You probably hate this new show with the stupid name. We were all there. Some of us discovered FBHW when we lost Howard Stern, or Bob and Tom...the stories are all the same.

But I promise you - if you give it a chance, most of you will grow to love this show, just like most of us have. It's like no other show I've listened to before.

At first, I couldn't get past the name. Then I couldn't figure out which guy was which. But I just powered through it, and now the day wouldn't be complete without listening to FBHW in the morning.

Welcome aboard! Hang in there, it'll be worth it!
This show is like your first beer.

It's an acquired taste but oh so well worth it.
Wowie Groovie !
People usually figure out which voice belongs to which guy a few weeks into listening. I thought I had them figured out but after a year of listening I realized that I thought FreeBeer was HotWings and vice versa.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Easy way to remember:

FB - "leader" of the show. Talks the most, and is the most level headed.

Zane - Hot headed, usually says the stupid things, and things that get the show into trouble.

Hot Wings - usually just agreees with others, and doesn't talk much. He's also the know-it-all dork.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:Easy way to remember:

Zane - Hot headed, usually says the stupid things, and things that get the show into trouble.

Hot Wings - usually just agreees with others, and doesn't talk much. He's also the know-it-all dork.

Freebeer has goofy stories about his pets and wife farting

Hotwings has stories about his rich dad, golden rocket car, and falling asleep on the toilet

Zane has stories of smelly hot farts, tormenting his kids, and anonymous sex at truck stops
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
It'll be interesting to see when we get our first member from one of the new markets.
I noticed they only had one video on their web site and, of course, the message board link. Maybe that will help with new members from these two markets.

Oh, and welcome aboard!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
What cities are the new affiliates in?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Corpus Christi, TX and I can't remember what city in Kansas.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Well they are all ignoring us so far.....
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
They don't care about us yet.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Hmm, I'm curious as to where in Kansas. All my family lives in southern central KS.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Where do all your ex's live?
Texas.
Mad Dog Wrote:Well they are all ignoring us so far.....

I think it'll be a few days at least... I'm trying to remember how long it was before we were able to confirm a Flint member...
Mad Dog Wrote:Well they are all ignoring us so far.....

They'll be with us in no time. Remember how you were the first day FB&HW came in and replaced what you thought was the best radio program ever.

only to find out that Bob & Tom seriously suck
Hahah they don't have Internet in Texas or Kansas.

I'm sure they just got telephones last year.

Baby steps.
Quote:Hahah they don't have Internet in Texas or Kansas.

I'm sure they just got telephones last year.

Baby steps.

...said the guy who claims to be attempting to redeem himself in the eyes of the membership.
So I listened to the podcast again. It's Lawrence/Topeka Kansas. Nowhere near my family. It's about a 4 hour drive.
Jiggy Wrote:So I listened to the podcast again. It's Lawrence/Topeka Kansas. Nowhere near my family. It's about a 4 hour drive.

I promise I tried to do that all day for you Jiggy. But for some reason, the podcast is hard to download on my computer at work. I remember them mentioning it a couple of times this morning, but the KS city didn't stick in my head.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Easy way to remember:

Freebeer has goofy stories about his pets and wife farting

Hotwings has stories about his rich dad, golden rocket car, and falling asleep on the toilet

Zane has stories of smelly hot farts, tormenting his kids, and anonymous sex at truck stops

You both have it only partially right.

Freebeer doesn't talk the most, he introduces all of the stories to maintain all of the flow of the show.

Then Zane takes over and talks over everybody else. Usually with tough talk and talks about hot zester farts, and dysfunctional families at his kid's sporting events.

Hotwings talks about the aforementioned in the previous quotes, other things he pretends to know a lot about, and also how enormously large his crank is. Seriously, if you went to outer space, the last two things you'd see would be the great wall of China and his dong.
When it comes to websites, I don't think Corpus Christi will be offended by freebeerandhotwings.com, check it out and you'll see what I mean! http://www.classicrock1045.com/. Atleast X92.9 has the guys on their site. Cant get paste the gem they put on their site though...

[Image: the_free_beer__hot_wings_show_random_image_2.png]
http://www.x929.com/

...doesn't blend at all! Anyway, welcome to our little world! Hope you enjoy!
I completely got a different pic on the Kansas site:

[Image: the_free_beer__hot_wings_show_events_image.png]

must be from their new photos, maybe they will be on the new site....if it ever happens.

92.9 looks like a mirror of GRD as far as music goes.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:I completely got a different pic on the Kansas site:

must be from their new photos, maybe they will be on the new site....if it ever happens.

And it would appear that Kansas is lacking in skilled Photoshop users... holy pixels on the show logo!
I want that Johnny Cash shirt Zane is wearing.
potthole Wrote:holy pixels on the show logo!

Its because they ripped the logo off of the show website. Should have asked me for it, or took it off of their wikipedia page.
[Image: FBHW_Logo.png]
Much better quality and transparent background. Kinda why I put it up there. By the way, that pic I posted previously was posted at the top of the page where they put the pics of the bands... if you hit refresh enough times, you'll see it! And yes, they are a mirror of GRD. They seem to play a little bit more of the new stuff though. GRD is stuck in the early 90s.
zdunklee Wrote:I completely got a different pic on the Kansas site:

Oh my God. If anyone needs a description of the guys just look at their outfits.

Free Beer - He thinks he's going to church. FB has two styles. He either dresses up too much or he dresses like a little boy in sports gear. This is a man that doesn't know the happy medium that is casual wear.

Hot Wings - It's picture day in elementary school! Mommy dressed him up all nice and spiffy!

Eric Zane - Hip, semi-Affliction-style shirts don't go well with a guy that has gray hair and appears to be 57 years old. Could his wardrobe scream, "I WANT TO BE YOUNG!" any more?

Producer Joe - The only guy that knows how to dress with style and for his body tyle. Joe flat out looks cool and has a handle on what works for him.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
You realize that FreeBeer and Hotwings are wearing almost identical outfits right? The only real difference is shirt color, and one is unbuttoned, which very well could have been a choice of the photographer. That way those two didn't look too similar sitting right next to each other, which is the only way it works if you want their names in order.

Edit: I also just realized that Joe looks like he is about to bust one off in this picture:
[Image: the_free_beer__hot_wings_show_random_image_2.png]
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Hey Howie, I guess your a woman now!!! Awesome.
Sorry. I was thrown off by the choice of pink text and pink hearts as your identifier.
Jiggy Wrote:Hey Howie, I guess your a woman now!!! Awesome.

you're just now realizing this ?
Wowie Groovie !

hotwings Wrote:Sorry. I was thrown off by the choice of pink text and pink hearts as your identifier.

Huh?
Kansas....eh. Texas though....that's a winner of a state.
Rock Monster Wrote:

hotwings Wrote:Sorry. I was thrown off by the choice of pink text and pink hearts as your identifier.

Huh?

In the second hour this morning around 6 am est, Hotwings said on air he though Howie was a girl. Apparently due to his pinkness.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
They questioned whether Queenie was a female, also.
Both valid questions...

say what? I wasn't awake at 6:00, but i did spend another hour chasing cows
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

say what? I wasn't awake at 6:00, but i did spend another hour chasing cows

You don't need to expose your sexual escapades here howie :Smile
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:say what? I wasn't awake at 6:00, but i did spend another hour chasing cows

You don't need to expose your sexual escapades here howie :Smile

thats why i didn't post 'loose cows' i figured if someone would react that i was doing cows atleast the cows would have good morals
Krystal Wrote:They questioned whether Queenie was a female, also.

Of course, that information isn't readily available when reading someone's post, huh?

[Image: queenie.gif]

He sure knew where to find the number of posts I have made. :Smile