Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Pet Peeves
Everybody has pet peeves . . . what is yours?

Mine is smacking food, gum, etc. For God's sake, chew with your f ing mouth closed.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
when there is time left on the microwave.
example: instead of saying the time it reads ":37"

bikers that wear compression shorts everywhere they go forcing you to either be a meat gazer or maintain uncomfortably long eye contact
Bicycle riders who ride on busy streets instead of the sidewalk. Yes I realize it is legal for you to ride on the road. It's also unsafe. Quit being a selfish a-hole and get on the sidewalk with your gay looking multi-colored spandex.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
People who eat when they talk on the phone. This can lead to a lot of lip smacking and over all annoying sounds but lip smacking because you're a minger or a mouth breather is different. You can chalk that up to genetics or pure laziness...which ever is more convenient for you. But talking while eating is absolutely preventable!

There's a reason your mom told you not to talk with your mouth full and it's not only because you look like a douche bag when you do it, you sound like one too.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Quote:when there is time left on the microwave.
example: instead of saying the time it reads ":37"

Exalt.

Quote:Bicycle riders who ride on busy streets instead of the sidewalk. Yes I realize it is legal for you to ride on the road. It's also unsafe.

It's not a question of it being "legal to ride on the road", it's more an issue of that's where they're legally SUPPOSED to ride. As long as they don't hinder the flow of traffic, I don't mind them.

Mine? Ignorance.
People who constantly screw up "there, their, and they're", yes i realize its the internet and i cant expect much from people, but come on, seriously? thats like the easiest concept to grasp
providencecrow Wrote:People who constantly screw up "there, their, and they're", yes i realize its the internet and i cant expect much from people, but come on, seriously? thats like the easiest concept to grasp

How about people who are too stupid to use your and you're correctly ?

To, Too and Two ?

For my part, I hate Aholes who tailgate me, I will gladly slow to 20 MPH uner the speed limit if you're too close.

People who change lanes on the highway without using their turn signals.

Passing me on the right on the highway.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:How about people who are too stupid to use your and you're correctly ?

To, Too and Two ?

I concur and approve of this message
people with ungodly body odor/piss poor personal hygiene.
please don't force people to smell your filth and chronic ass breath.
Idiots piss me off.....goes right along with mistaking word usage, but also just plain stupidity.

I also hate people who go under the speed limit in the fast lane on the highway when the right lane is wide open....I hate doing it, but I'll pass on the right if I have to.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
Also, people who have multiple names on the same message board, as if they're two different people. I don't know why, but that bugs the snot out of me.
Seriously: unsolved rubik's cubes
And not being able to do a rubik's cube, despite them having been on the market for 20+ years.

I'm no dumb-dumb, but those things kick my ass.
hotzester Wrote:And not being able to do a rubik's cube, despite them having been on the market for 20+ years.

I'm no dumb-dumb, but those things kick my ass.

Yep. I'm too ADD to sit there and figure it out so it ends up pissing me off and I give up.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Similarly, I'm too OCD, and I end up sitting there for six hours trying to get all of the edges completely level, and all of the stickers perfectly squared.
hotzester Wrote:Similarly, I'm too OCD, and I end up sitting there for six hours trying to get all of the edges completely level, and all of the stickers perfectly squared.

I can do you one better in the OCD factor. I have a roommate who is so OCD that after he types a sentence on the keyboard of his pc, he sprays the keyboard out with compressed air....every...single...time...

P.S. He also has his 30 pairs of pumas that all look the same organized alphabetically by color.
I once spent 2 hours, down on the floor of a friend's apartment, adjusting the throw rug that she had in the kitchen, because I couldn't get it running exactly parallel to the floor tile.
hotzester Wrote:I once spent 2 hours, down on the floor of a friend's apartment, adjusting the throw rug that she had in the kitchen, because I couldn't get it running exactly parallel to the floor tile.

You ever slide cups back from the edge of the table because they were less than 2 inches from it? (yes rulers did get involved at one point)

OCD comparisons are fun, especially since im not affected either way because im just a lazy slob haha
No, but I was using a ruler to get that effing carpet straightened out!
hotzester Wrote:No, but I was using a ruler to get that effing carpet straightened out!

Have you ever considered drugs? i dont mean prescription either, i mean like heroin, you could be so doped up you stop caring!
Stupid people in general.

People who won't shut up when I'm trying to read.

People who have a problem with me yet go to someone else about it who then must come to me about it. What the hell is this roundabout crap? It's even more frustrating when the second person can't come to me right away about this problem and I don't find out about it until like a week later.

People who like stuff like TV shows just because it's famous. They know next-to-nothing about it yet it's an awesome show because 10 million other people watch it, or it's number one in the Neilson ratings or some crap like that. Watch the damn show because you like it, not because you're jumping on the bandwagon.
when you're talking on the phone and the person on the other line keeps talking to their [spouse, child, ] instead of you; uninvited guests, call first!
I'm going to have to get on board with those that hate lip smacking, especially when it's because you're talking while eating. I started working at a new office for my company three weeks ago, and there's a woman from an entirely different department who comes into mine so she can eat her lunch. While talking on the phone. Smacking her lips and spitting food everywhere. I could just scream when I see her coming.

Those who tailgate me get me too. If I'm in the right lane and you're all over my ass, just pass me, jerk. If I'm in the left lane passing a car, and I didn't cut over in front of you at the last second, just let me pass the car, and I'll get out of your way. Chill.
I can't stand ink pens without caps! If a pen is missing the cap, I through it away.
Titan ! Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:People who constantly screw up "there, their, and they're", yes i realize its the internet and i cant expect much from people, but come on, seriously? thats like the easiest concept to grasp

How about people who are too stupid to use your and you're correctly ?

To, Too and Two ?

I hate a lot of things but people who can't spell and constantly use poor grammar really piss me off. My boyfriend has a graduate degree and will still write "Your stupid."

Edit:

fbhwlistener Wrote:I can't stand ink pens without caps! If a pen is missing the cap, I through it away.
My point exactly.
That's what she said.
It also bugs me when people drive like old people F--- in the left lane of the highway.
potthole Wrote:Those who tailgate me get me too. If I'm in the right lane and you're all over my ass, just pass me, jerk. If I'm in the left lane passing a car, and I didn't cut over in front of you at the last second, just let me pass the car, and I'll get out of your way. Chill.

Oh god I can't believe I forgot to add that to my list. :-X My hometown is full of them.
blakjustn3 Wrote:It also bugs me when people drive like old people F--- in the left lane of the highway.

Yep its called a slow lane . . . FIND IT!!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
vsangelchick Wrote:Idiots piss me off.....goes right along with mistaking word usage, but also just plain stupidity.

I also hate people who go under the speed limit in the fast lane on the highway when the right lane is wide open....I hate doing it, but I'll pass on the right if I have to.

Stupidity should be painful or cause sterility.
Wowie Groovie !
hotzester Wrote:I once spent 2 hours, down on the floor of a friend's apartment, adjusting the throw rug that she had in the kitchen, because I couldn't get it running exactly parallel to the floor tile.

Wow. I soooo wish this had come out last week, that could have been some good fodder.
Wowie Groovie !
I HATE WITH A RAGING PASSION ! Whenever someone insults someone else, and then says "just kidding" And somehow it's even worse online or in text when they type j/k

If you're going to insult someone either have the balls to stick with your insult and mean it exactly the way you said it, or dont say it. You can't take it back by just saying "just kidding"

OMG you're the ugliest bag of rectal vomit on the planet on your dad should be punched in the face for being involved in the no doubt sloppy drunken sex that created you. LOL J/K
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I HATE WITH A RAGING PASSION ! Whenever someone insults someone else, and then says "just kidding" And somehow it's even worse online or in text when they type j/k

If you're going to insult someone either have the balls to stick with your insult and mean it exactly the way you said it, or dont say it. You can't take it back by just saying "just kidding"

OMG you're the ugliest bag of rectal vomit on the planet on your dad should be punched in the face for being involved in the no doubt sloppy drunken sex that created you. LOL J/K

This reminded me of one of mine... People who use those stupid internet acronyms when speaking to someone in person.
On that note, this isn't a pet peeve, just something I saw once. I realized exactly how old I am and how much the world had changed the day I saw a minivan driving down the road, and someone had used their finger to write in the dirt, "WASH ME LOL".
burnking Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I HATE WITH A RAGING PASSION ! Whenever someone insults someone else, and then says "just kidding" And somehow it's even worse online or in text when they type j/k

This reminded me of one of mine... People who use those stupid internet acronyms when speaking to someone in person.

Yeah, if you use internet speak in actual conversation, I think you deserve a kick to the throat and or testicles.
Wowie Groovie !

Well that type of insult is on the common low-down side. Now a play insult with someone you know, a catch phrase you use all the time, such as "whatever queer", and to follow it up with LOL j/k, lets the person know you are just being funny, and not being a dick. Don't be a dick.