Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pot legalization on the way?
I peruse the website digg.com quite a bit. Very recently, I've seen many more links posted regarding legalization of marijuana than usual. The Michael Phelps photo, and his subsequent firing by Kellogg's, the boycott of Kellogg's by groups like NORML, introduction of a bill in California to legalize and tax pot's sale, escalation of drug gang violence in Mexico, repealing of some drug laws in New York; it seems like this is a front burner issue, ATM. Does anyone else see this, too? Is legal pot on the horizon? A good thing? Bad thing? Whaddya think?
[Image: weed-motivational-poster.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I would say we are slowly moving in that direction, even MI now has medical pot.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Until federal regulations are repealed, what each state does is irrelevant.
This is true, but if enough states do this, and it seems more and more do every election, then the federal government isn't going to have much choice but to change their rules also.
they should just legalize it and tax the hell out of it. Make rules like with alcohol and everybody happy. Shit people will always smoke anyway so why not? While it is detectable in your system for 30 days the effects will last about the same amount of time as a good night of drinking.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Did you know Cocaine can be prescribed as a medication, however pot cannot?
Yep.
When I call my dealer and ask for fifty dollars worth of circus tickets, I'm not really asking for fifty dollars worth of circus tickets!

~Amy Poehler, SNL
zdunklee Wrote:Did you know Cocaine can be prescribed as a medication, however pot cannot?

What do they prescribe it for? Nacolepsy?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:Did you know Cocaine can be prescribed as a medication, however pot cannot?

What do they prescribe it for? Nacolepsy?

Or maybe Narcolepsy.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Or Necrolepsy...you fall alseep randomly and wake with dead people.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:What do they prescribe it for? Nacolepsy?

Or maybe Narcolepsy.

Man you are on a "Spelling Police" mission today, huh?

Where's Philly Mike when I need him?
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Or maybe Narcolepsy.

Man you are on a "Spelling Police" mission today, huh?

Mission after poking fun of one misspelling?

The peachs thing is just because I'm curious how she came up with her name.

sheesh... :Smile
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Man you are on a "Spelling Police" mission today, huh?

Mission after poking fun of one misspelling?

Calm down RM. I'm really just pissed at myself because I looked the Effing word up to make sure I was spelling it right (which I did) and then failed to "type" it correctly. :-[
Queenie Wrote::-[

you guys can take a chill pill

[Image: doobie.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Mission after poking fun of one misspelling?

Calm down RM. I'm really just pissed at myself because I looked the effing word up to make sure I was spelling it right (which I did) and then failed to "type" it correctly. :-[

here ya go queenie this one is directed towards rock
[Image: GrammarPolice2.png]
Philly Mike Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Calm down RM. I'm really just pissed at myself because I looked the effing word up to make sure I was spelling it right (which I did) and then failed to "type" it correctly. :-[

here ya go queenie this one is directed towards rock

Wednesday is pick on howie day, apparently Friday is gang up on RM day.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:here ya go queenie this one is directed towards rock

Wednesday is pick on howie day, apparently Friday is gang up on RM day.
na not pickin on ya, just picking at your spellling pickyness
get back to the dope, please.

werd to ya mutha...
If you used Firefox you would have spell check already.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:If you used Firefox you would have spell check already.

...but it's much more fun to call someone a spelling nazi if they correct you once :Smile
Rock Monster Wrote:
Admin Wrote:If you used Firefox you would have spell check already.

...but it's much more fun to call someone a spelling nazi if they correct you once :Smile

that sounds about right :Smile
Philly Mike Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:...but it's much more fun to call someone a spelling nazi if they correct you once :Smile

that sounds about right:Smile

Agreed.
On one hand, it's a good thing! Pot is enjoyable from time to time as long as you don't get irresponsible with it, but hey, the same can be said about alcohol, right?

On the other hand, it's bad because the government will most likely regulate the hell out of it to where "legal" pot can only contain so much THC (the stuff that makes feel happy). So all the good stuff will still be illegal. Catch-22 folks.
So how many people agree with the ex cop the Boys interveiwed today who wants to legalize all drugs? I do. for the same reasons he talked about.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
i do for those reasons and I have seen the results of drug shootings, drive by shootings, and the rest of the results of prohibition. If this was passed this would virtually go away because they will not be getting the drugs from illegal places. Also it would put al
I've always been in favor of repeal of the drug laws. At least stop sending people to prison for them. Eliminate the black market dealers and make the supply readily available legally, you're going to see use go down, as well as associated crime, not to mention generate tax revenue that can be used for drug education and have stricter quality control standards.
Kid shot in MI during a raid.

http://www.chycho.com/?q=node/2228
Speaking of which, if pot becomes legalized, will they let out all the prisoners who are in solely for weed convictions ?
Wowie Groovie !
Or rehire the people who lost their jobs due to failed drug tests?

The question is whether keep them because they broke the law, or to let them go because the law has been changed.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
They would have to keep them in. If the legal BAC went from the current .08 down to .06, and you were pulled over a couple of years ago, and blew a .07, would they have the right to go back and arrest you? (holy run-on sentence there!)
No, because you weren't breaking the law (and that wasn't a run-on sentence; you just have one conjunction too many).
Krystal Wrote:No, because you weren't breaking the law (and that wasn't a run-on sentence; you just have one conjunction too many).

Therefore everyone in jail need to stay, because they did break the law. (too many conjunctions in turn make it a run-on sentence, doesn't it?... I suck at english!)
Rock Monster Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:No, because you weren't breaking the law (and that wasn't a run-on sentence; you just have one conjunction too many).

Therefore everyone in jail need to stay, because they did break the law. (too many conjunctions in turn make it a run-on sentence, doesn't it?... I suck at english!)

Yeah, but that would piss a bunch of people off (technically it's still not a run-on sentence because the thoughts are separated. The first 'and' should've just been a comma to denote 3 separate thoughts).
pretty much. The law is the law at the time. Unless a bill is passed with a retroactive statement in it, in that case some people can probably be released.
They may put a retroactive statement in there for people having under a certain amount if they were to ever make such a law legalizing it. It would alleviate the crowding in the prisons so they would jump on the chance to do so.
Pot is a schedule II drug. This means it can be prescribed, but with a shitton of restrictions...for good reason.

Pot will not be made legal without a prescription for a long time. Which I say is a good thing. A friend of mine died when she was 16 because some stoner, high off his ass on weed, hit her head on with his vehicle (around a curve) because he "didn't realize" it was a one way street even thought he lived there.

By the way, illegal drugs used to be taxed in TN. Drug dealers could pay taxes on sold goods anonymously. Sounds dumb, right? This so-called "crack tax" raised $6 million in the 3 years it was active, because if the taxes were not paid and you were caught, they took cars or whatever to pay the money you owed. All of it went to state drug programs.

Kinda awesome, I think.
No it is not schedule 2, is it schedule 1, see for yourself: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/scheduling.html
hoshi Wrote:A friend of mine died when she was 16 because some stoner, high off his ass on weed, hit her head on with his vehicle (around a curve) because he "didn't realize" it was a one way street even thought he lived there.

I'm sorry about your friend but it sounds like this guy was a dumbass. I don't think the weed did much to sway this one way or the other.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
hoshi Wrote:Pot is a schedule II drug. This means it can be prescribed, but with a shitton of restrictions...for good reason.

Pot will not be made legal without a prescription for a long time. Which I say is a good thing. A friend of mine died when she was 16 because some stoner, high off his ass on weed, hit her head on with his vehicle (around a curve) because he "didn't realize" it was a one way street even thought he lived there.

By the way, illegal drugs used to be taxed in TN. Drug dealers could pay taxes on sold goods anonymously. Sounds dumb, right? This so-called "crack tax" raised $6 million in the 3 years it was active, because if the taxes were not paid and you were caught, they took cars or whatever to pay the money you owed. All of it went to state drug programs.

Kinda awesome, I think.

So you think alcohol should be completely banned too then right? It does a damn fine job of impairing judgment, yet is legal.