Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you had any surgeries?
WIsdom teeth/extra teeth removed.

Wisdom were growing Sideways Toward the front of my mouth. So that was no no Sad
I had five different surgery's actually. If you count oral surgery's it is ten. The first one was when I was four, I had to go have my left testie lowered. The second surgery they didn't actually have to cut on me, but when I was in the sixth grade I busted my left wrist and they had to set it. The third one happened in 2004 I had to get my appendix removed. In 2007 I had a back wards fall at work and busted my right elbow and had to get two pins plus six months of physical therapy. and the fifth one I had to get the labram in my shoulder repaired that I hurt in the same fall, which required six more months of physical therapy because both my elbow and my shoulder became frozen. I'm better now.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
ummmmm..... does getting the tonsils taken out count???

that's it though.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Just a couple of oral surgeries.

Sort of funny story about the first one I had. Apparently when I was out, I kept trying to reach up and itch my nose. The first thing I remember from when I came back from being put out was the doctor yelling, "FINE! You can itch your nose now!" After he left the room, one of the assistants told me that he was getting frustrated because I kept reaching up and getting my arm in his way.
Broke my arm completely in 2 in 4th grade, that was effing awesome cause I did it right at the end of the school year and had a cast for 6 months...and my parents just happend to have already bought a pool...talk about a crappy summer. The second one was a root canal, I took a hit with a football helmet to the chin in practice and eventually the root died in one of my teeth.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I had my adenoids taken out when I was around 5. Other than that I have had a clean bill of health....so far!

My doctor wants me to set up an appointment to have my gall bladder removed but after some research I am thinking he's an effing scam artist who just wants to make sure his family doesn't go hungry by cutting me open.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Wisdom teeth extracted, all four at once. Went really well - I was eating pasta later that day.

I had a giant ovarian cyst when I was 20, the size of a softball. They tried to remove it laparoscopically but it was to big so they had to do a bikini-section. Now I have a nasty scars on my stomach and lost my navel piercing hole. But they saved my ovary so I'll take the good with the bad. Good times.
That's what she said.
The members of this message board can meet and do it for free Jiggy*.

*results not guarenteed
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:The members of this message board can meet and do it for free Jiggy*.

*results not guarenteed

Sweet. I had a buddy at my old work that offered to give me discounted eye laser surgery. $100/eye.

*thinks to self - I have the best friends in the whole world.*
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Allyson Wrote:Wisdom teeth extracted, all four at once. Went really well - I was eating pasta later that day.

I had a giant ovarian cyst when I was 20, the size of a softball. They tried to remove it laparoscopically but it was to big so they had to do a bikini-section. Now I have a nasty scars on my stomach and lost my navel piercing hole. But they saved my ovary so I'll take the good with the bad. Good times.

[drop]I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.[/drop]
Jiggy Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Wisdom teeth extracted, all four at once. Went really well - I was eating pasta later that day.

[drop]I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.[/drop]

I found out about this two days before I left to study abroad in Italy and I was so afraid it was going to burst and I'd be rushed to an Italian hospital where no one could understand me. That ended up not happening.
That's what she said.
Age 6, appendix ruptured and I had an emergency appendectomy. Other than that, no surgeries.
Arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff (the result of too much softball, volleyball and golf) back in '92. I also had a fibrocystic tumor removed when I was a senior in high school. It ended up coming back, but my Dr. says as long as it doesn't change in size/consistency, it's nothing to worry about.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Other than Oral stuff (I don't really count them as surgery)

2 on my knee. Knee pain from soccer, had the MRI, X-rays, went back to the doc a bunch of times (over a span of 3 years) Diagnosis was a torn meniscus. I did the research and thought, "cool, I'll be back to 100% in a few weeks."

I went in for the arthroscopic surgery, and they "found out" that my ACL was gone.

.... so that's why my knee hurt!!

Went in later that summer to have the patellar tendon ACL graft. Easily the most painful thing I have ever been through.

Now my other knee is starting to hurt... I'm afraid to go to the doctor.

I have pics similar to the one below of my ACL.

[Image: Torn%20ACL.jpg]
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:Other than Oral stuff (I don't really count them as surgery)

2 on my knee. Knee pain from soccer, had the MRI, X-rays, went back to the doc a bunch of times (over a span of 3 years) Diagnosis was a torn meniscus. I did the research and thought, "cool, I'll be back to 100% in a few weeks."

I went in for the arthroscopic surgery, and they "found out" that my ACL was gone.

.... so that's why my knee hurt!!

Went in later that summer to have the patellar tendon ACL graft. Easily the most painful thing I have ever been through.

Now my other knee is starting to hurt... I'm afraid to go to the doctor.

I have pics similar to the one below of my ACL.

I don't have any padding behind my kneecap. I just recently had an MRI and they said my kneecaps were "off centered" thus causing the padding to wear quicker. The doctor said being so active athletically, I was lucky they lasted this long. I got a cortisone injection, did a little PT and they have been fine so far.

I have also had several oral surgeries. I'm a dentalphobic and I have to be put under to have most anything dental related done.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
In 1999 around Xmas, I had a hole in my retina of my right eye. I had to have surgery to laser-burn it shut, but I passed out from the pain and collapsed out of the chair so I had to go back the next week so they could stick a big needle in there and basically freeze the rest of it shut with like a dry ice sort of chemical.

in May 2001 I had trans-shpinoidal removal of a small pituitary adenoma (in laymans, it means they broke my nose, went through my sphenoid sinus cavity (between your eyes) into my brain cavity, where they removed a small tumor from off my pituitary gland), fun stuff.
Doktor Wrote:WIsdom teeth/extra teeth removed.

Wisdom were growing Sideways Toward the front of my mouth. So that was no no Sad

same

Rock Monster Wrote:[Image: Torn%20ACL.jpg]
looks like the part of chicken i eat that no one else does
^^^You hear that RM. Dindongyo wants to eat you.