Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamer talk
Alright and welcome everybody to Gamer talk, all gamer all the time.

So who will be our first poster???
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
OH OH PICK ME PICK ME!
So, who here likes the monkey island games?
never played them. i just finished "braid" though. very unique game and payoff.
I have yet to try braid, but have heard many good things about it. I have halo wars, then mirror's edge, then too human so it will be a while before I make it that far.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Philly Mike Wrote:So, who here likes the monkey island games?

I've never actually played them but I know about them well. My buddy in college played it all the time.

Anyone ever play the incredible machine games. That was another one my buddy played all the time. I have been meaning to get that game but have never gotten around to it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Just played Soul Calibur IV again since several months. Really fun If you don't take it too seriously.
speaking of awesome old games anyone ever played Suikoden?
I've heard of it but I doubt it's my style.
zdunklee Wrote:I have yet to try braid, but have heard many good things about it. I have halo wars, then mirror's edge, then too human so it will be a while before I make it that far.

I want to get too human, i played the demo, fun game. Silicon knights is an amazing company. If anyone still has the gamecube or a wii with a GC controller you need to pick up a game called eternal darknessConfusedanities requiem. It is made by silicon knights, awesome game very weird and fun.
zetsyuk Wrote:speaking of awesome old games anyone ever played Suikoden?
for playstation? i think i still have that. haven't touched it in years. the only thing i can remember about it is a guy with a wrench named "sergei."
I like to play video games, but I tend to go to the massive rpgs like Oblivion. There should be more games like that.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
tommy1150 Wrote:I got Mass Effect for Christmas but then Santa also gave me the "Red Ring of Death". I just got my xbox back a few weeks ago and have been playing RSV2 non stop. Has anyone played Mass Effect, if so is it any good?

Mass Effect is awesome, but if you plan on doing everything in the game plan to devote a good 40-50 hrs of gameplay. The main storyline is only about 12 hours if you don't do any of the side quests.

Krystal, you should get Mass Effect or BioShock they are both good although not as long as Oblivion.
Huge die-hard The Sims2 fan here, even with my own website with a friend for the game. It's a great game because fans (with the artistic talent) can create custom content for it (anything you'd find in your real life home, can be made for the Sims) http://seriouslyamusedsims.com/

I've played since Sims1 days and that was about 2000. Now were at the end of Sims2 and the expansions about to go into Sims3.

I've looked for and purchased other games to get me through the times of being bored with The Sims, but nothing gets to me like this game does. I won't give up looking, and maybe this thread will help.

I did love Sanitarium - played it through about 3 times in oh...1998. The story line and graphics in that game were great for the times.
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
whatwouldzappasay Wrote:Huge die-hard The Sims2 fan here, even with my own website with a friend for the game. It's a great game because fans (with the artistic talent) can create custom content for it (anything you'd find in your real life home, can be made for the Sims) http://seriouslyamusedsims.com/

I've played since Sims1 days and that was about 2000. Now were at the end of Sims2 and the expansions about to go into Sims3.

I've looked for and purchased other games to get me through the times of being bored with The Sims, but nothing gets to me like this game does. I won't give up looking, and maybe this thread will help.

I did love Sanitarium - played it through about 3 times in oh...1998. The story line and graphics in that game were great for the times.

There is a fairly new game out from maxis (the company that made the sims.) called spore. Very Effing awesome game. http://www.spore.com/what check it out . The creature creator is a free download. It is only a small part of the game where you create the creature that is going to be in the game. I have been playing for a while now.

Don't know if anyone would be interested, but here is my profile page for the game. http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Haikuof8bit
SPore was hyped so much then it fell apart rather quickly because the final build of the game sacrificed cool looking creatures for kid-friendly googly eyed mofos.

But yes the Creator is pretty cool
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/LondonRobotCo
Doktor Wrote:SPore was hyped so much then it fell apart rather quickly because the final build of the game sacrificed cool looking creatures for kid-friendly googly eyed mofos.

But yes the Creator is pretty cool
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/LondonRobotCo

meh the look never really got to me all that much, I like the game for what it is. Makes it pretty addictive. Especially once you go to space and get to blow things up.
I pirated it once...I don't remember I think it just took forever to download or some shit. Didn't play it.

Did your ship look like the Enterprise? Mine would have. Or pancakes.
Doktor Wrote:I pirated it once...I don't remember I think it just took forever to download or some shit. Didn't play it.

Did your ship look like the Enterprise? Mine would have. Or pancakes.
[Image: sporeship.png]
Wat? Is that a platypus?
Doktor Wrote:Wat? Is that a platypus?

It is the result of making a ship when you crashed off all the caffene and it is 2 AM.

but hey i still stand by it, because it has destroyed plenty of planets and claimed them in the name of the hammersapien empire.
I've been going through and playing my old PS1 games.

Anyone ever play Einhander? It's a shooter that SQUARESOFT made. Yes that's right, the guys that make Final Fantasy games -- and it's awesome.
einhander was fun, but short. lol you want to talk about square going into weirdness? remember ehrgeiz?
Hell yeah, free-roaming fighter with Final Fantasy VII characters.

Square also made Rad Racer for the NES.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Hell yeah, free-roaming fighter with Final Fantasy VII characters.

really? i still have my 3d glasses
dingdongyo Wrote:
Mark the Valet Wrote:Hell yeah, free-roaming fighter with Final Fantasy VII characters.

really? i still have my 3d glasses

yup really, I still have the game lol.

how about the other fighter from square, anyone here ever try the bouncer?
blech, the bouncer.
Final Fight style game and I think one of the first (non-launch) PS2 titles to be released.

Yeah, it wasn't that good.
i'm a sucker for secret of mana. they made that, right? it was 3 players. and fun.

...now if only i had some friends....
download ZSNES and the ROM of it. You can play online with ZSNES and it's awesome.
I'll play with ya!
Mark the Valet Wrote:I'll play with ya!

^That's what she said.
dingdongyo Wrote:i'm a sucker for secret of mana. they made that, right? it was 3 players. and fun.

...now if only i had some friends....

I got the game on the Wii virtual console, very awesome
I'm for Second Life all the way. if u couldnt tell by my avi. I build, script, own a dance club, am a DJ, am married....
Anyone else play?
What? I didn't do it.
No but I recall a CSI episode that left me confused...
Jiggy Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:So, who here likes the monkey island games?

I've never actually played them but I know about them well. My buddy in college played it all the time.

Anyone ever play the incredible machine games. That was another one my buddy played all the time. I have been meaning to get that game but have never gotten around to it.

the TIM games are fun as hell. maybe you would be interested in a game called crazy machines I know it's in the UK but don't know if you can purchase it for download here. here are some screens of it
[Image: CM_NftL_Level_000jpg.jpg][Image: Screen_1.jpg][Image: Screen_3.jpg]

i have found a 60 minute trial of it, and a purchase from this place. thought you mite be interested in this.
here is the link for it

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-gam...index.html

misstiger10 Wrote:I'm for Second Life all the way. if u couldnt tell by my avi. I build, script, own a dance club, am a DJ, am married....
Anyone else play?

second life is pretty cool, it seems to be more of a social experiment than a video game. nonetheless it is a good way to make real money if you are creative enough.
I am on there with the name Haiku Nightfire
haven't been on there in a good while but I do have an account.
second life is pretty cool, it seems to be more of a social experiment than a video game. nonetheless it is a good way to make real money if you are creative enough.

Its a glorified chat room with cartoon dancing and/or sex lol but its fun. My name is Kallisto Shippe for anyone who plays
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:second life is pretty cool, it seems to be more of a social experiment than a video game. nonetheless it is a good way to make real money if you are creative enough.

Its a glorified chat room with cartoon dancing and/or sex lol but its fun. My name is Kallisto Shippe for anyone who plays
i've never actually heard of this. what is it, like the sims?
dingdongyo Wrote:
misstiger10 Wrote:second life is pretty cool, it seems to be more of a social experiment than a video game. nonetheless it is a good way to make real money if you are creative enough.

i've never actually heard of this. what is it, like the sims?

Yea but way better graphics and all that goodness. Sims jsut annoys me lol check it out
www.secondlife.com
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:i've never actually heard of this. what is it, like the sims?

Yea but way better graphics and all that goodness. Sims jsut annoys me lol check it out
www.secondlife.com

basically it is a virtual life. but you can fly. they have clubs, houses, brothels, stores, and all of that. CSI NY even has/had its own special thing. there are groups of people with like interests. Shit there are even colleges that actually teach courses through it using the video features. It is pretty huge, kind of an amazing task if you look at it from the programming point of view. if you know how to do things right you can make actual money from it. In the game they have a currency where you can buy these credits using real money, and if you are able to sell things you can actually transfer the money in the game into a RL account you have with a transfer rate of course and all, but you can actually get money there nonetheless if you are smart enough.
misstiger10 Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:i've never actually heard of this. what is it, like the sims?

www.secondlife.com

i just made some guy named moongoose to see what it was like. it's cool, but it's too involved for me. i spend too much time on the computer already.
dingdongyo Wrote:
misstiger10 Wrote:Yea but way better graphics and all that goodness. Sims jsut annoys me lol check it out
www.secondlife.com

i just made some guy named moongoose to see what it was like. it's cool, but it's too involved for me. i spend too much time on the computer already.

I do now that I play this game lol
What? I didn't do it.