Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Legends
Today's show had a caller who had a friend who "Lived in the bayou and had a septic system" or something like that, and the toilet got clogged with condoms.

That reminded me of a story I heard about a girl at my college who supposed clogged her dorm toilet with hundreds of used condoms. Which was especially embarassing because this was a conservative Christian college.

I looked this up on Snopes and variations of the story go back to the 50's

Another favorite is the tourist toothbrush up the butt photo legend. Where there is a tourist on vacation in an island country, who comes back to his hotel room to find that he's had everything stolen, except his camera and bathroom supplies. The assumption is that the tourist continues to use his toothbrush as usual, then when he gets home and develops the film in his camera he finds a photo of the burglar with the toothbrush solidly inserted in his anus.

What are some Urban legends that you've heard ?

I love it when someone tells one of these absurd stories and swears that it's true.

No really Mark Wahlberg really did have to have his stomach pumped because he had a gallon of his brother's sperm in it.
Wowie Groovie !
The Kentucky Fried Rat.

The Richard Gere rodent.
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
bwn7 Wrote:The Kentucky Fried Rat.

The Richard Gere rodent.

Uh huh.... What about them ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
bwn7 Wrote:The Kentucky Fried Rat.

The Richard Gere rodent.

Uh huh.... What about them ?

They're...... urban legends?

Don't tell me you've never heard them......

KFC Rat is about a kid, friend of a cousin, that bit in to a piece of extra-crispy and found a rat.

Richard Gere supposedly "tubed" a hamster up his exit ramp. I'll let Zane explain it more if you need further clarification.
Who HASN'T heard of NYC Sewer Alligators?

But those two in the OP are new to me :/

Urban Legends aren't really my forte...however...Cryptids are something I know more about.
Don't drink a Coke after eating Pop Rocks, your insides will combust and you will die!!!
Will Smith died in 1995.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:Will Smith died in 1995.

It was actually 1995, I think
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

It was actually 1995, I think

uhhhh! ???

Yeah...?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.

My mother actually believed this one, along with the fact that it killed the kid from the Life cereal box
Wowie Groovie !
Here's one from my hometown...

There was claimed to be a lady who roamed the streets all night long, she was called The Lipstick Lady, because she was supposed to have lipstick smeared all over her face. This woman would supposedly be out walking all night, every night, because she was insane. It was also claimed that you couldn't get photos of her- if you took one with her in it, she just wouldn't show up, or your camera would just quit working.
potthole Wrote:Here's one from my hometown...

There was claimed to be a lady who roamed the streets all night long, she was called The Lipstick Lady, because she was supposed to have lipstick smeared all over her face. This woman would supposedly be out walking all night, every night, because she was insane. It was also claimed that you couldn't get photos of her- if you took one with her in it, she just wouldn't show up, or your camera would just quit working.

This is no Urban Legend. One brave soul actually managed to get a photo:

[Image: celebrity-quote-of-the-day-joan-rivers-0.jpg]
Jiggy Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Here's one from my hometown...

This is no Urban Legend. One brave soul actually managed to get a photo:

[Image: celebrity-quote-of-the-day-joan-rivers-0.jpg]

WOW ! Too bad I've already posted the babe of the day

Not exactly an urban legend, but my brother to this day believes that "hot" water will freeze faster than "cold" water, and conversly that "cold" water will boil faster than "hot"

My nephew and I tried an experiment where we took the coldest water we could get and put it on the stove to boil and wrote down the time of how long it took. Then we took an equal amount of hot tap water and boiled it and wrote down the time. When we showed him the results he said "you didn't do it right"
Wowie Groovie !
Titan, I think your brother might be an idiot.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Well he did take some paramedic classes in college, but he dropped out halfway through.
Wowie Groovie !
So he's only HALF-RETARDED.

BLAST!
Titan ! Wrote:WOW ! Too bad I've already posted the babe of the day

Not exactly an urban legend, but my brother to this day believes that "hot" water will freeze faster than "cold" water, and conversly that "cold" water will boil faster than "hot"

My nephew and I tried an experiment where we took the coldest water we could get and put it on the stove to boil and wrote down the time of how long it took. Then we took an equal amount of hot tap water and boiled it and wrote down the time. When we showed him the results he said "you didn't do it right"

First, your brother is a dolt.

Second, on that same note, putting a lid on a pan will not make it boil faster, because the pressure will rise, and water under pressure boils at a higher temperature. If you leave the lid open slightly, it will boil faster though.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."

I'll agree with you on boiling hot/cold water, but hot water does freeze faster than cold water.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

I'll agree with you on boiling hot/cold water, but hot water does freeze faster than cold water.

Queeenie... no... not you too.
Wowie Groovie !
Not in all cases Queenie but in certain cases it does:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Ge...water.html
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Not in all cases Queenie but in certain cases it does:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Ge...water.html

I was just going to post this. It's called the Mpemba effect.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
[Image: headexplode.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
On the subject of water, I have a friend that believes that water can get colder than 32 degress f.

Not water in a solution, and not supercooled water that freezes as soon as something touches it. Just plain ol water, like filling an ice cube try. He thinks it goes below 32 degrees while it's freezing. I can't get through to him that if it's below 32, it's ice.

.... I'm starting a new thread about friend arguments.....
sneezing with your eyes open makes your eyes pop out
sunshyne Wrote:sneezing with your eyes open makes your eyes pop out

Isn't it physically impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
no, and they don't really pop out, I just had to say it. Mythbusters busted this one and the pop rocks one on their show.
Krystal Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:sneezing with your eyes open makes your eyes pop out

Isn't it physically impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze?

I do it all the time when I have my sneezing fits (20-30 sneezes in a row).
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!