Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer blockbuster
Is there one you just are dying to see. Or maybe a combination of some of these?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
2009 The summer of the nerd.

I grew up in the 80s, and comics, star trek, GI Joe, and various other forms nerd culture were a big part of my life.

Wolverine looks like it will be amazing.

GI Joe however is the one that I'm most looking forward to. I really hope it doesn't suck.
Wowie Groovie !
Wolverine.

And i hope Transformers 2 is better than the first one. But that's like saying winning the lottery is better than being eaten by a dinosaur.
I didn't have a problem with Transformers, there was backstory that needed to get out of the way. There was a decent amount of action and story...

Spiderman 3 was a turd.

I'm excited for Wolverine, but am curious about the Sabertooth charector, in the first X-men he was HUGE, and in this one he's normal sized. I hate when they change cast part-way through a series...drives me nuts.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Doktor Wrote:Wolverine.

And i hope Transformers 2 is better than the first one. But that's like saying winning the lottery is better than being eaten by a dinosaur.

The first one was good, but it suffered from trying to be too funny. Anthony Anderson could have been cut from the entire movie and it would have been 100% better

Hopefully they learned their lesson and part 2 will keep the funny to the necessary minimum

Also, I heard that the hot blonde aussie chick won't be in part 2, too bad, I like her much more than Megan Fox
Wowie Groovie !
A few reasons it blew balls.

-The people got more screen time than the Transformers
-The Decepticons don't even show up again until the end.
-Sam's Happy Time
-Bumble bee's bat signal
-There wasn't even a fight until half way through it.
-No Dinobot
-Every fight involved an extreme close-up so the two interchangeable machines looked like a junkyard clusterEff every brawl.
And throwing Megatron into the trench ? Cmon that's the stupidest thing ever. You want him GONE ? incinerate him. turn him into molten metal, and he's gone for good.

I mean, gosh there's just no way possible that a sentient robot that can survive the depths of space could possibly come back from really deep water. :Smile
Wowie Groovie !
Doktor Wrote:A few reasons it blew balls.

needed to get a story going
yah, sorta crappy
-Sam's Happy Time
don't know what the eff this is
-Bumble bee's bat signal
what bothered you about this?
sucked
-No Dinobot
how were they to scan a dinosaur to mimic it...a dinosaur would also be a little obvious
-Every fight involved an extreme close-up so the two interchangeable machines looked like a junkyard clustereff every brawl.
I liked how they showed the details of the machines...yes it seemed a little Greenday Gary-ish, a pan out once in a while woulda been nice.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
just found out the other day that Terminator Salvation comes out on my birthday... Score
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Doktor Wrote:A few reasons it blew balls.

needed to get a story going Two warring alien robot tribes don't need a story involving Shia Lebouf trying to get laid.
yah, sorta crappy
-Sam's Happy Time
don't know what the eff this is His parents talk to Shia about jerking it for no Effing reason
-Bumble bee's bat signal
what bothered you about this? Really gay
sucked
-No Dinobot
how were they to scan a dinosaur to mimic it...a dinosaur would also be a little obvious Dinobot is so awesome he transcends such things
-Every fight involved an extreme close-up so the two interchangeable machines looked like a junkyard clustereff every brawl.
I liked how they showed the details of the machines...yes it seemed a little Greenday Gary-ish, a pan out once in a while woulda been nice.
Glad we have some understanding.
I'm excited about GI Joe too. I also want to see Lost in Space and All About Steve.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I will probably watch most if not all of these but I think I gotta go with Queenie and Titan with GI Joe. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
GI Joe FTW!
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Queenie Wrote:I also want to see Lost in Space

Please tell me they are not producing another Lost in Space movie ? ? ?

I think I'm going to have a total nerdgasm day and try to see
GI Joe, transformers, Wolverine, Star Trek, and Terminator all in the same day.
Wowie Groovie !
Dude, your brain might explode...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:Dude, your brain might explode...

Or you may just want to bring some clean underwear to change in to.
Titan ! Wrote:Please tell me they are not producing another Lost in Space movie ? ? ?

I haven't heard anything about a Lost in Space movie for 2009. I'm thinking Land of the Lost (with Will Ferrell) might be what Queenie was been referring to. Or maybe not?
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Please tell me they are not producing another Lost in Space movie ? ? ?

I haven't heard anything about a Lost in Space movie for 2009. I'm thinking Land of the Lost (with Will Ferrell) might be what Queenie was been referring to. Or maybe not?

Eff! You got me on that one. Sorry Titan. I had originally typed a post then when I went to "post reply", my login was no longer valid. So I had to retype it and that's where I made the mistake. I also noticed in my retyped post that I didn't mention the fact that Dennis Quaid is awesome in most everything he does.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
the only thing i see interesting on there is the terminator movie, and I didn't think i would like that when i first heard they were going to make it, but i saw the trailer and it got me interested.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine I hate hugh jackman and never cared for the X men movies
Star Trek This I may see but I don't know.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Unless this proves to be better than the first I refuse to see it, the first one was annoying.
Public Enemies I dont know about this movie at all
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince NO... just No
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Unless this starts to look better than what i seen of it I dont think so
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Possibly for the kids, the other ones were pretty funny.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
The fact that they're trying to cram Gambit into the Wolverine movie pisses me off.

I voted Star Trek.
Mark the Valet Wrote:The fact that they're trying to cram Gambit into the Wolverine movie pisses me off.

I voted Star Trek.

agreed, he has no purpose in Wolverine's history. Eff that... The director's are just trying to appease the fanboys who bitched that Gambit wasn't in the Last Stand. He's a chode character anyway. Eff that cajun dick
Philly Mike Wrote:Public Enemies I dont know about this movie at all

This is set in the 30's about an FBI agents (Christian Bale) attempt to stop a crime syndicate. Johnny Depp, Giovanni Ribisi and Channing Tatum play some of the criminals. I am really looking forward to this even though I haven't seen any previews.
I don't understand Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Weren't the dinosaurs dead before the last ice age began??? I mean, seriously...
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:agreed, he has no purpose in Wolverine's history. Eff that... The director's are just trying to appease the fanboys who bitched that Gambit wasn't in the Last Stand. He's a chode character anyway. Eff that cajun dick

Awesome, I didn't think I'd get any support for that statement.
Howie, you can drive my firetruck any day. If you know what I mean.
Jiggy Wrote:

This is set in the 30's about an FBI agents (Christian Bale) attempt to stop a crime syndicate. Johnny Depp, Giovanni Ribisi and Channing Tatum play some of the criminals. I am really looking forward to this even though I haven't seen any previews.

Shouldn't bee too long now. I know that they filmed this in Chicago sometime last year. (either spring or fall, I ca't remember)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Mark the Valet Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:agreed, he has no purpose in Wolverine's history. Eff that... The director's are just trying to appease the fanboys who bitched that Gambit wasn't in the Last Stand. He's a chode character anyway. Eff that cajun dick

Awesome, I didn't think I'd get any support for that statement.
Howie, you can drive my firetruck any day. If you know what I mean.

Wow, your pinkness really draws 'em in!! Big Grin
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:

Whew ! Dodged a bullet there, the first one wasn't horrible, but the thought of Joey on the big screen made me a little sick.
Wowie Groovie !
Jiggy Wrote:

Johnny depp? hmm I may have to see that just because he is an awesome actor.

Krystal Wrote:I don't understand Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Weren't the dinosaurs dead before the last ice age began??? I mean, seriously...

lol that's why I try not to find historical accuracy in kids stuff. It's a stupid movie with some funny parts that will keep the kids quiet.
Ice Age and Transformers.
Gambit was cool in the cartoon.

Also, in the comics, he charged up a piece of chewing gum and spat it and it exploded in a dude's face, which i thought it was cool.
Doktor Wrote:Gambit was cool in the cartoon.

Also, in the comics, he charged up a piece of chewing gum and spat it and it exploded in a dude's face, which i thought it was cool.

The character is cool, the powers are cool. The cartoon, I thought, made him out to be a huge doosh. I could stand corrected on how he is in the movie...but i still don't see how he would fit into the story...same with cyclops..how the eff will he fit into the origin of Wolverine?

*edit*...who the eff votes for Star Treck? I mean really?
They don't fit in with the "origin" they're just around before Wolverine is an X-Man.

Apparently a young Cyclops is kidnapped by Weapon X for experimentation (which is why he's there)

Gambit is there because they try to capture for more experimentation.
Doktor Wrote:They don't fit in with the "origin" they're just around before Wolverine is an X-Man.

Apparently a young Cyclops is kidnapped by Weapon X for experimentation (which is why he's there)

Gambit is there because they try to capture for more experimentation.

I read that as

"If we want to make money we need to make all the fanboys happy"
yea it's fanservice, deal with it.
What about 12 rounds... yeah it's a john cena movie but it actually looks 100 times better than the marine. It looks like he got some more acting lessons.

I wasn't too disappointed in the marine though, but thats because i expected something a lot worse from it.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:*edit*...who the eff votes for Star Treck? I mean really?

I hate Star Trek, but I know a lot of Star Trek nerds.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
apparently i associate with a lot of Star Trek nerds everyday....

I need new e-friends
Wolverine, GI Joe, and Transformers are the only ones I care to see.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I really don't even care about GI Joe, sorta forgot it was coming out. I'll probably wait to rent GI Joe, take my boy to see transformers and make the wife take me to Wolverine.
I'd like to see GI Joe, since I was a GI Junkie in the 80s. But I know my wife wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much, and we enjoy movies together.....out of those choices, I'd say Harry Potter, since it's the only one we'd both probably enjoy. But that list doesn't do much for me as a whole.