Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WM Whitecaps
I just noticed opening night is less than a month away. I can't wait. Baseball is not my favorite sport but it's one of my favorites live.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Agreed, damn...I wanna go to lakeland...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
A trip to Lakeland is hopefully in the works for my wife and I within a year or two.

I love going to Whitecaps games. I've made it to 20+ a year for the past three years. Some of my best friends have been made because of hanging out at their games. What I really enjoy is knowing that the guys you see on the field today, here in Grand Rapids, might one day be playing on a big league field in the near future... case in point, six guys from the 2006 squad have played for a Major League team within the past two seasons.

Got my tickets for Opening Day, and I can't wait to get out with my new lens to take some photos! For anybody with interest, here is a collection of some of my photography from games over the past couple seasons.
We should set something up this summer where we all go to a game. That would be fun.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
^the man makes a great point...

I enjoy going cause I get free beer and hot dogs, although I do not know if my friend will be working there this summer again.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
That would be so much fun. Could come in for the weekend, party with you guys and crawl back into work on Monday!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I'd be very much in favor of something like that.
whitecaps suck
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
WTF happened to the BattleCats in Battle Creek? we use to go there when i was a kid.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:WTF happened to the BattleCats in Battle Creek? we use to go there when i was a kid.

http://mwlguide.com/cities/battlecreek/
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:whitecaps suck

HA!

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:WTF happened to the BattleCats in Battle Creek? we use to go there when i was a kid.

Goodbye Battle Creek, hello Midland!

I enjoyed going to games in Battle Creek. The beer sucked, but the stadium had an old time feel to it, and there were usually more Whitecaps fans there than people rooting for the home team. Good times were had there.
Field of Dreams night is a must-attend game every season.
I've only been to about 180 whitecaps games in the last 3 years.....
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:I've only been to about 180 whitecaps games in the last 3 years.....

Dude, what's holding you back? You should really get out to more.
I've been slacking the last two years. 2006 - 86 2007 - 60 2008 - 40.

We have been part of the Keep-A-Cap program for the last few years. So we get to know the guys a little more closely than most. It is a great program and helps the guys on the team not have to worry about getting an apartment and such.
And it was a great way for me to get the occasional free ticket. Wink
potthole Wrote:And it was a great way for me to stalk Orlando Perdomo

Yah, no kidding.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
That'll never grow old, will it?
No.

stalker.
Queenie Wrote:That would be so much fun. Could come in for the weekend, party with you guys and crawl back into work on Monday!

Eff that, call in sick
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:That would be so much fun. Could come in for the weekend, party with you guys and crawl back into work on Monday!

Eff that, call in sick

That's even better!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I just realized that I'll be able to try for more embarrassing photos of Zane, since the guys will be at Opening Day next week.
My husband wants to go out to the games this year to try to eat a hamburger that if you finish you apparently get a free t-shirt...
potthole Wrote:I just realized that I'll be able to try for more embarrassing photos of Zane, since the guys will be at Opening Day next week.

Oh, I'm sure there will be some great photo ops, though I'm not sure what the guys are doing. All 5 Regent stations are going to be there, so my smiling face will be in attendance. And I'll be looking very much like a soccer mom. Gotta love the River.
loosewendy Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I just realized that I'll be able to try for more embarrassing photos of Zane, since the guys will be at Opening Day next week.

Oh, I'm sure there will be some great photo ops, though I'm not sure what the guys are doing. All 5 Regent stations are going to be there, so my smiling face will be in attendance. And I'll be looking very much like a soccer mom. Gotta love the River.

Would it be a bad thing, if we were to see you, if we yelled out Loose Wendy to you?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
loosewendy Wrote:

Would it be a bad thing, if we were to see you, if we yelled out Loose Wendy to you?

It would not be a bad thing... I'll always be Loose Wendy at heart. Besides, none of the River listeners even know who I am because they've never seen what I look like.
I'm going to call in to the River sometime, and call you loose on the air, and request some Kenny G or something.
loosewendy Wrote:

I ran into Barnaby at the blood bank on Saturday and I said "Hey! Givin' blood guy!" but he didn't give me a name back. He was kind of somber but still talkative.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I saw Eric Zane in Best Buy monday night.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.