Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pork Spending.
Obama stated that if a Senator or House Representative put earmarks aka pork in a bill that he would shame them. I vote that the ones that put it in this just past bill should have to have a shaming. I say they should have to dress up in a Porky Pig costume, faces exposed with a snout on them, with their name and how much their pork was, and be televised on camera during session....That is shaming.
I say we keep a list and vote them out at the first possible opportunity!
I agree, but let's have fun with them while we have to deal with them.
Lokizilla's idea + they have a t-shirt gun stuffed with 20 dollar bills from their own salaries
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I love that idea Torque....
how about we just make them live in a house with each other for a month and each week one gets voted off. each day they have to complete a challenge and can win immunity. and the winner gets to keep any food left in the fridge when it is all finished.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Nah, that sounds to soft for the little pigs.
lokizilla Wrote:Nah, that sounds to soft for the little pigs.

have you ever seen the stupid things they say in the small amount of time they are on camera, imagine if they had a 24 hour view going. on top of that imagine if you get them all and they are really opposed to each other's views.

and then you throw in a bunch of embarrassing things for the contests. it is constant embarrassment week by week. and the people that get voted off are the ones that get the raw end of the stunts making it worse for them if they get voted off. On top of it all give them no access to telephone TV or the internet, this will force them to interact with one another.
Philly Mike Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Nah, that sounds to soft for the little pigs.

have you ever seen the stupid things they say in the small amount of time they are on camera, imagine if they had a 24 hour view going. on top of that imagine if you get them all and they are really opposed to each other's views.

and then you throw in a bunch of embarrassing things for the contests. it is constant embarrassment week by week. and the people that get voted off are the ones that get the raw end of the stunts making it worse for them if they get voted off. On top of it all give them no access to telephone TV or the internet, this will force them to interact with one another.

Said that way, it is pure evil, and I like it.
I think Obama should get a good shaming himself. "well, I said no pork you guys, but I'll sign it anyway, don't let it happen again"
Or how two days earlier he was gripeing about how Bush signed bills and then wrote little presidential notes to suit his needs and how he (Obama) wouldn't do that and then did the same exact thing with this bill. I wonder where all the "change" is going to start?
The "Change" is coming out of our pocket to fund this bill and the others that are getting signed into law.
Philly Mike Wrote:have you ever seen the stupid things they say in the small amount of time they are on camera, imagine if they had a 24 hour view going. on top of that imagine if you get them all and they are really opposed to each other's views.

Indeed.. and most of what they spew is written by someone else. Imagine if they were left all alone without their speechwriters and handlers. Hilarity would ensue. I'm all for this idea.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
But I still want them to have to wear pig suits as their t.v. outfits
lokizilla Wrote:But I still want them to have to wear pig suits as their t.v. outfits

They can wear a dimmed down version of the suit normally, and when they get voted out they wear the full blown get up.

hell, if they would've done this for the past 16 years things would be in tip top shape.
I agree with that idea.
or they should at the least have to wear pig noses
okay but now once we get the reality TV show going we will need more, there will be others and once the show starts it will be difficult to keep pumping people into it. Soooo here's what we can do. We can get the ones who don't make the cut for the show to have to spin a wheel or somehow randomly pick an extreme youtube video stunt to replicate and make them either do it or give up their senate seat and call for an emergency vote to bring in someone to replace them or to replace the person that replaces them.
It's a win win for everyone.

In all seriousness though, they should force the people that put these earmarks in there to do some fund raising efforts in order to fund at least 50% of the proposed earmark. Maybe 75% or lower than 50% depending on the usefulness of the earmark itself.
I think having to wear patches of all the companies their lobbyists are involved with would be a good idea. It would be like Congress meets NASCAR.
Not all lobbyists are bad. Some are quite good. AARP, the American Healthcare Association, the National Education Association...almost all industries have lobbyists, not all are evil. Don't chop down the entire orchard because of a few bad apples.
hotzester Wrote:Not all lobbyists are bad. Some are quite good. AARP, the American Healthcare Association, the National Education Association...almost all industries have lobbyists, not all are evil. Don't chop down the entire orchard because of a few bad apples.

problem is that there are more than just a few bad apples. if you want to continue with the orchard thing, there could be a whole section of the orchard that would be contributed to big oil. not to mention all of the others that had caused problems in the past. The big companies that wanted less regulation in the oil market for futures, thus causing the problem we have now with fuel and enticing the greed of the oil producers. Or the many health insurance companies that continue to to run wild with raising the prices of their insurance and lowering the benefits they provide. Or how about all of the cigarette companies going unchecked for as long as they did. maybe we can even talk about the nice bunch of trees that show of the power of the big banks that drove the products and risky investments that brought our countries financial situation as low as it is now, along with the rest of the world. if you want to look at the NEA or AARP then yeah there are good spots, but to me it looks like the orchard has been plagued by locusts, and there are only a few good apples that were missed.