Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 MEssage Board ESPN Tourney Challenge
I set up a public group for the message boards, at ESPN.

Group name: FBHW MB

Group Motto: Don't be a dick

Now go sign up and bow to my superiority at picking winning basketball teams

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage
Wowie Groovie !
I'll have you know I picked the Final Four and winner correctly last year. By that I mean I have a snowballs chance in hell to repeat this year. I'll sign up anyway though.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
the guys actually did this on the show a few years ago, anyone remember that ?
Wowie Groovie !
Well.... I'm off to a great start this week.

Apparently there's an "Official" FBHW group, so rather than split our resources, join this one instead

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

Password: I d i o t s (No spaces)

yeah.... Biff ? The word censor with the ambulance drivers was pretty funny about a month ago, now it's just annoying
Wowie Groovie !
I think you can join more than one group right?

***by the way. I joined this just now. It's not I d i o t s with an upper case I. Do lower case.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Yerp I'm in.
That's what she said.
How awesome is this ?

U of M MSU championship game ? :o
Wowie Groovie !
Haha, don't tell me you picked that, I can see MSU making it there with a little luck, but U of M would have to do a near impossible to get there. I'm thinking 1 maybe 2 wins of U of M this year, but it is a considerable improvement from the last 10 years.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I'm in, but I didn't have time to do my brackets yet. I have until Wednesday night, right?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I'm in, but I didn't have time to do my brackets yet. I have until Wednesday night, right?

Queenie since you're not allowed to join the "Official" show bracket I welcome you to mine with open arms.

And yes, I really did pick a U of M MSU final. Why not right ? It's somewhat semi likely
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I'm in, but I didn't have time to do my brackets yet. I have until Wednesday night, right?

Queenie since you're not allowed to join the "Official" show bracket I welcome you to mine with open arms.

And yes, I really did pick a U of M MSU final. Why not right ? It's somewhat semi likely

Titan being sweet to me. You really made my day. Seriously. Smile

AND

Allowed my ass. Somebody shouldn't have given out the password. I'm in on both brackets.

Edit: Titan, picking an underdog is how you win these things. I'm sure you already knew that, but I've won a few by doing the same thing.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I pick underdogs, just not 10 seeds, as they don't win often and no 10 seed has ever made it to the final four (in fact only 5 teams ranked 8 seed or lower have ever made it to the final four), and only 3 teams that weren't in the AP top 25 have ever won it all.

OK, I'm gonna stop with the info now, cause I don't want to give out too much help.
I'm in both. Two #1's and two #2's in my final Four, with a 2 seed winning it all.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Yea, I have a 1, two 2's and a 5. I picked the 5 seed because they have been playing extremly well over the last month.
I have a 1 seed, (2) 3 seeds and (1) 4 seed
I made my picks. I have two 1's, one 3 and one 6 in the final four.
It looks like there's a 3rd Free Beer and Hot Wings group as well, if you search the groups and type in the show name you'll find it.

And, so where is a schedule of which games are on which channel at which time ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:It looks like there's a 3rd Free Beer and Hot Wings group as well, if you search the groups and type in the show name you'll find it.

And, so where is a schedule of which games are on which channel at which time ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/schedules?date=20090319
All games are on CBS, like they have been for years.
You can watch them online here for free:

http://mmod.ncaa.com/?source=mktg_09MMOD...MMOD_AAcbs
yeah eventually I found this one too.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/scoreboard
Wowie Groovie !
annnnd we're off
Wowie Groovie !
slaps zdunklee because as of right now were tied in points.
That's cause we are good and aren't missing any yet! Actually so far 4 of my 10 haven't missed a pick yet.

Freebeer has already missed 3 Big Grin
In case I haven't said this already....

GO BLUE MOFOS !
Wowie Groovie !
Eff yea, GO BLUE!

...just don't give me that kind of scare again.

Also, I am awesome so far....Jiggy you missed some Tongue
zdunklee Wrote:Eff yea, GO BLUE!

...just don't give me that kind of scare again.

Also, I am awesome so far....Jiggy you missed some Tongue

Good job. We're not down to the nitty gritty yet though.
Effing Illinois, oh well that should give Gonzaga an easy move to the next round.
zdunklee Wrote:Effing Illinois, oh well that should give Gonzaga an easy move to the next round.

I actually had Illinois in the sweet 16 on the original one I did. Then I learned/remembered that Frazier was hurt, so I had them win 1, then done. Good thing I changed my mind!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
why the hell did I pick BYU to go that far ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:why the hell did I pick BYU to go that far ?

maybe the same reason you picked a UofM/MSU final?
I picked MSU U of M because it's simply the most awesome final I can think of, though U of M OSUcks would be a close second.
Wowie Groovie !
F !

F !

F !

F !

F !

Holy crap Queen, 97.9 % damn you be ownin
Wowie Groovie !
I'm in a big tie for 17th place. That's not too bad. The best part of this thing is watching sports guy FB suck at picks while HW who had no idea what he was doing is kicking ass.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I got every game right in the south and east brackets, not so much in the west/midwest.
That's what she said.
I got screwed in the second round... But I just looked and my bracket that I made for fun that had every possible upset in the game currently has 100 pts, Producer Joe's bracket has 90....yea that's right Producer Joe could have did better by picking every upset possible...
zdunklee Wrote:I got screwed in the second round... But I just looked and my bracket that I made for fun that had every possible upset in the game currently has 100 pts, Producer Joe's bracket has 90....yea that's right Producer Joe could have did better by picking every upset possible...

Have you looked at his? He has every upset, except has Illinois winning it all.
Exactly, and that is why he is gonna do worse than my complete upset bracket...
I just looked at mine a little closer... I have 4 wrong total in the East, South, and West regions. I have 9 in the midwest region alone.

Good news is that 7 Eliete 8 teams are still alive, and all 4 of the FF are still there.... I may be ably to make up a little ground. (I'm in 167th place in the show's group)
I'm 5th on the show's group. Hot Wings is 4th. I looked a little closer at mine and his too. I screwed up picking Marquette 3 deep (i've already had my little screaming fit over that), but we have different pics in all four divisions.
Queenie Wrote:I'm 5th on the show's group. Hot Wings is 4th. I looked a little closer at mine and his too. I screwed up picking Marquette 3 deep (i've already had my little screaming fit over that), but we have different pics in all four divisions.

You're actually both tied for second place. Well done so far.

It look like the ones doing the best this year didn't pick many upsets. For example, HW has All four 1 seeds, all four 2 seeds, all four 3 seeds, three 4 seeds and a 5 (Purdue, which I think most people saw beating Washington) in the Sweet 16.