Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell Spectrum.
I would like to make this thread because the Spectrum is going to be demolished. The spectrum was made in '67 and was the home of the 76ers and the flyers. It is where the flyers won lord stanley's cup on May 19, 1974. There were many hockey and basketball playoff games played within those walls, and many breathtaking moments in sports history with NBA all-star games, and it is also where team USA took on Czechoslovakia and the USSR in the inuagral Canada cup during the years of the cold war.

This was also the building in the rocky movies in which the fights were held when they were in philly. All of this and the millions of concerts have been held there, and it was also where WWE went to hold their events too. In recent times the building was the home of the kixx (indoor soccer) , the soul (arena football), and the phantoms(AHL).

This building means something to me because it is a place I remember very fondly as a child going to, and watching the flyers play many games, and even recently when I was able to take my kids to their first hockey game when the phantoms went up against the bears.

I don't know if anyone here has any memories of the place or if anyone even cares, but hey this is something to me. It is sad to see the building go, especially when it is to be replaced by a stupid shopping/hotel/entertainment complex which means the phantoms will no longer be in philly and the kixx will have to start playing elsewhere.

The Spectrum will be missed.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Is the Spectrum the same place as Wachovia Arena? Or is that where they play now?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:Is the Spectrum the same place as Wachovia Arena? Or is that where they play now?

The flyers play at the wachovia center. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wachovia_Center

it is the one they have used for a while now.
the spectrum is at this time calle the wachovia spectrum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wachovia_Spectrum
The only reason I ask is because I was at the arena that the 76ers play at a few years back. I remembered it had Wachovia in the name.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Philly Mike Wrote:the soul (arena football),

drop]This is Jon Bon Jovi, Hey Eric Zane shut the Eff UP[drop
Jiggy Wrote:The only reason I ask is because I was at the arena that the 76ers play at a few years back. I remembered it had Wachovia in the name.

Understood, I've been around them through all the changes so I remember it, but I can see how it would be confusing.