Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions New Uniforms
Apparently, the Lions are getting new uniforms. They are keeping it pretty hush hush though. Virtually everything in the online store is on sale. Hats for $5, jerseys for $20.

Here is the only thing that I can find speculating about the new logo.

[Image: DetroitLionsProposed.GIF]

I also found the following, but it appears to be false. (according to one website I found)
[Image: 3251978803_cc80d945ac_o.jpg]

There also seems to be no truth to the following logo, but it has not been confirmed.

[Image: cowardly%20lion%20helmet.jpg]
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Never mind about this one:

[Image: DetroitLionsProposed.GIF]

I just noticed that the last time this site was updated was in '05.

I'm stupid.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
[Image: Detroit_Lions_Patch.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
^please don't tell me that even has a chance...that would be worse than the old ones.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Hopefully it will be something intimidating to strike immediate fear into the league. Perhaps something like this:
[Image: tl-mischievous_cartoon_lion_long_sleeve_t_shirt.jpg]
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
zdunklee Wrote:^please don't tell me that even has a chance...that would be worse than the old ones.

That is a throw back logo. (1961-'69) I like it though.
Jiggy, why did you take a picture of yourself in your favorite shirt and post it here?
zdunklee Wrote:Jiggy, why did you take a picture of yourself in your favorite shirt and post it here?

Don't piss in my water. You're just jealous.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Yea, so? What if I am?
Or they could go with something like this:

[Image: the_worlds_greatest_loser_card-p13701252...yk_400.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I figured that it would say something about being Pre-season champions.
I also like that old logo from the '60s. I think it could look really cool if they were to spruce up the lion a little bit, to make it a little more modern, but to use the same overall design.
The Lions are changing their logo? Awesome. That's totally going to help. Forget about trying to get decent players. The key to success is a new coat of paint. Just ask these guys.

[Image: DetroitPistons1996.png]
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
It never really said anything about them changing their logo, more that they are changing the uniforms, I think everyone just automatically associates that with a new logo for some reason.
mayorofawesometown Wrote:The Lions are changing their logo? Awesome. That's totally going to help. Forget about trying to get decent players. The key to success is a new coat of paint. Just ask these guys.

[Image: DetroitPistons1996.png]

Actually, they did start winning not long after they went away from those terrible colors.

Also, I think they are doing it to attract more fans, and to sell more merchandise, not to win.
zdunklee Wrote:It never really said anything about them changing their logo, more that they are changing the uniforms, I think everyone just automatically associates that with a new logo for some reason.

No one has officially said anything about any change, we're just putting 2 and 2 together here. I do think that the logo is changing too though. On the website, hats with just the logo are clearanced out also.
True, but this could be a result of a color change to the logo, like black instead of blue. Also one of their recent trades said something about liking the lions new uniforms, so even tho that has not been officially confirmed it might as well have been.
zdunklee Wrote:True, but this could be a result of a color change to the logo, like black instead of blue. Also one of their recent trades said something about liking the lions new uniforms, so even tho that has not been officially confirmed it might as well have been.

Grady Jackson said something about liking the new colors. Technically, this could mean just his new colors, and coming to a new team.

EDIT: also, if the logo were not changing, why would the following hat be on sale for only $5?
[Image: carharthat.jpg]
Cause it's a shitty hat?
zdunklee Wrote:Cause it's a shitty hat?

agreed.

I went on there yesterday and the only thing I saw worth getting besides an Ernie Sims jersey was the Lions Mr. Potato Head. It would go good with my Darth Vader potato head.

....don't judge me.
maybe the Lions are moving to LA!!!
is there any reason they aren't just dumping the lions name altogether?
dingdongyo Wrote:is there any reason they aren't just dumping the lions name altogether?

Has then ever been done, in the history of the NFL? (except for teams moving cities)

Also, "someone that knows someone at reebok" has "leaked" this:

[Image: medium_possible-new-lions-logo.jpg]

article

I hope this isn't it. It looks like a child did it.
Apparently that is what someone who saw the leaked logo recreated to look as close as possible to what they saw. I'd guess that the real one will look a lot better.
Rock Monster Wrote:Actually, they did start winning not long after they went away from those terrible colors.

Also, I think they are doing it to attract more fans, and to sell more merchandise, not to win.

I know. I was implying that they were a good team, they changed to the teal and sucked hard. Soon after they went back to the old logo they became good again.

I don't know how a new logo is going to attract fans and sell merch. That's what happens when you win. Maybe new logos do have a proven track record of selling merch and getting fans. If that's true then... well... I think that's just stupid.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Rock Monster Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:is there any reason they aren't just dumping the lions name altogether?

Has then ever been done, in the history of the NFL? (except for teams moving cities)

Also, "someone that knows someone at reebok" has "leaked" this:

[Image: medium_possible-new-lions-logo.jpg]

article

I hope this isn't it. It looks like a child did it.

Ew. That doesn't look different enough. If that's the change then it seems fairly pointless.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Apparently, that last one is the new one.

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/2009..._detr.html

[Image: medium_090324_new_lions_logo.jpg]

**** thinking I really need a new NFL team to root for ****
[Image: resize.jpg]
Wait so nothing changed with the uniform?
zdunklee Wrote:Wait so nothing changed with the uniform?

Are you blind?? The Lion has an eye now. That's BIG change my friend.

This is just what they needed to re-boot the franchise.

:Smile
Well the Logo and the Text are clearly a lot different, but I am looking at my lions jersey right now and those new ones don't look any different to me, so I have a hard time believing they are the "new" ones.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic when you say that the logo is clearly a lot different. It's basically the same logo with an eye and a few more white lines to add detail.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Please tell me you're being sarcastic when you say that the logo is clearly a lot different. It's basically the same logo with an eye and a few more white lines to add detail.

Jiggy Wrote:Are you blind?? The Lion has an eye now. That's BIG change my friend.

This is just what they needed to re-boot the franchise.

:Smile

Maybe I should have added more italics and rolling eyes to make it more sarcastic.
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the post directly before mine.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
We find out today what the new logo is. Woooohoooooooooooo!!! :thumbdown:

My prediction:
I fit is this - [Image: medium_090324_new_lions_logo.jpg]
then they will draft Stafford.

If it is something dinfferent, then they will draft better. Why do I say this? Simply because it would mean they are getting better on not showing their hand. (most signs point to stafford now)
Son of an effen B

Let me be the first to welcome out next draft failure.... Matt Stafford.
Rock Monster Wrote:Son of an effen B

Let me be the first to welcome out next draft failure.... Matt Stafford.

Oh c'mon RM, there are tons of Lions draft pics that weren't failures. Andre Ware...nope. Jeff Backus...nope. Charles Rogers...nope. Mike Williams...nope. Well nevermind, you got me there!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
First and second round picks this decade:

2008:
(1) Cherilus, Gosder :thumbdown: may turn out to be OK, but not yet
(2) Dizon, Jordon :eh: decent back up

2007:
(1) Johnson, Calvin :thumbup: :clap:
(2) Stanton, Drew :thumbdown: can't stay healthy
(2) Alama-Francis, Ikaika :eh: may get better with time
(2) Alexander, Gerald :eh: also may get better

2006:
(1) Sims, Ernie :thumbup: Good pick
(2) Bullocks, Daniel :eh: I like him, but can't stay healthy

2005:
(1) Williams, Mike :thumbdown: Sick wtf?
(2) Cody, Shaun :eh: ok back up

2004:
(1) Williams, Roy :thumbup: Good pick, too bad he's a prick
(1) Jones, Kevin :thumbdown: looked like he may be good, then sucked
(2) Lehman, Teddy :thumbdown: is he even still on the team?

2003:
(1) Rogers, Charles :thumbdown: Sick that's what we get for drafting MSU players
(2) Bailey, Boss :thumbdown: had potential (like most picks) also couldn't stay healthy

2002:
(1) Harrington, Joey :thumbdown: team killer
(2) Edwards, Kalimba :thumbdown: over rated and a bust

2001:
(1) Backus, Jeff :eh: only "eh" beacuse he's been a starter. Needs to be a reserve though.
(2) Raiola, Dominic :eh: Dick, but ditto to the comments above
(2) Rogers, Shaun - could have been the best DT in the league.... if he tried once in a while

2000:
(1) McDougle, Stockar :thumbdown: do I need to say anything about these two?
(2) Green, Barrett :thumbdown:
Lehman got traded, I believe.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Any of you Lions fans have Super Bowl* hangover?

*By "Super Bowl" I am referencing the NFL draft, which is the highest point of euphoria for a Lions fan (as opposed to victories, playoffs, Super Bowls, etc for other teams and their fans)
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.