Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst threads
I would like to hear your opinions about the worst threads on this forum. The ones that just won't die. The ones that make you cringe when you even see the title....

My first one is the What are you going to do once the undead rise? thread.

Second is Slap the person above you

Third, and most hated is the LAST ONE TO POST WINS! crap.

And last, before any of you asses say it, is this thread.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The ones you mention however seems to be the ones that get the most replies. That is the point of a message board. Create topics that keep people interested.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I will say Last one to post sucks, and the post about the numbers arguement and most anything started by Doktor.
sunshyne Wrote:I will say Last one to post sucks, and the post about the numbers arguement and most anything started by Doktor.

I agree with everything stated above.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Simple solution for most of your problem threads: stay out of the Wheel of Bad Games forum....the name implies what is in there.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Jiggy Wrote:The ones you mention however seems to be the ones that get the most replies. That is the point of a message board. Create topics that keep people interested.

Hence the line where I said that they just won't die.

The zombie one, I don't really hate, just kinda wierd.

The other two aren't conversations, they are just there for people to say... I win... nuh uh, I win... no you lose.... no, I win.... yada yada yada...
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I hate pretty much every game in the game forum, except the ones Philly Mike posts that serve as a distraction for 10 minutes, and of course Create a Caption.

Also the Undead one because there's a new post every minute and I have no idea what's going on because I didn't care about it to begin with.
That's what she said.
The slap the person above you has nothing to do with winning, it is just fun to find a reason to slap someone else.
zdunklee Wrote:Simple solution for most of your problem threads: stay out of the Wheel of Bad Games forum....the name implies what is in there.

Therein lies the problem... I don't go into the sections of the board. I just click on the 50 last posts, so I can see all of the posts, that way I don't miss as many interesting ones.
zdunklee Wrote:The slap the person above you has nothing to do with winning, it is just fun to find a reason to slap someone else.

Yeah, I kind of like that one. The other 2 that RM mentioned I could care less about.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Rock Monster Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:Simple solution for most of your problem threads: stay out of the Wheel of Bad Games forum....the name implies what is in there.

Therein lies the problem... I don't go into the sections of the board. I just click on the 50 last posts, so I can see all of the posts, that way I don't miss as many interesting ones.

That seems like a bad idea if you hate most of the wheel of bad games, and the zombies thread as they get 75% of the posts here.

But Queenie, you are the designated drinker! ???
Queenie Wrote:The other 2 that RM mentioned I could care less about.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

could'NT care less.
Haha! +1 Queenie!

BTW RM it is Couldn't care less, at least spell it right if you are gonna correct someone.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:The other 2 that RM mentioned I could care less about.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

could'NT care less.

You must really be hard up for something to do today if you are going to pick apart that sentence.

Maybe I just don't hate them as much as you do.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
they all blow lately. sorry, but when this all started it was fun and people joked around way more. now it's just lame puns, innuendos, conservative talk, and nerd conventions.

...IMO.
Jo Wrote:they all blow lately. sorry, but when this all started it was fun and people joked around way more. now it's just lame puns, innuendos, conservative talk, and nerd conventions.

...IMO.

Agreed, but the Undead thread amuses me immensely.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote::-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

could'NT care less.

You must really be hard up for something to do today if you are going to pick apart that sentence.

Not hard up. I try to call people out whenever I see the "could care less" thing. It's a huge pet peeve of mine. Could care less means that there is room to not care as much... blah blah..

I guess the Zombie one could be taken off of my list. Like I said before, it's just wierd. The others are just pointless though. There's no conversation, just mind numbing dribble.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:You must really be hard up for something to do today if you are going to pick apart that sentence.

Not hard up. I try to call people out whenever I see the "could care less" thing. It's a huge pet peeve of mine. Could care less means that there is room to not care as much... blah blah..

I guess the Zombie one could be taken off of my list. Like I said before, it's just wierd. The others are just pointless though. There's no conversation, just mind numbing dribble.

...again, this is the game thread you're talking about. There really is no topic there to have a conversation with.
^he speaks the truth.
I find the whole "game" part of the board to be worthless, but since I pretty much avoid it, I don't really have any problems with it.

"Right Now I'm" tends to go from awesome to crap. For a few days it'll have some great conversation, then for a few days it's junk. Then it'll get good again...

Aside from that, about the only other threads I consider to be really consider to be bad are ones that are blatently spam.
It's pretty easy to just ignore the threads I don't have any interest in. If I could tweak the "50 recent posts" to not include the "games" forum I would but I cannot.

Eventually we are going to move on to a better forum but for now we're where we are.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
sunshyne Wrote:most anything started by Doktor.

Sure enough someone would post this
Big Grin

Awesome.
winner, winner chicken dinn...

oops, my bad. wrong thread
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Allyson Wrote:I hate pretty much every game in the game forum, except the ones Philly Mike posts that serve as a distraction for 10 minutes, and of course Create a Caption.

Also the Undead one because there's a new post every minute and I have no idea what's going on because I didn't care about it to begin with.
well, thank you. Glad I can provide short distractions.

although the weird color thing kind of keeps my attention longer than it should, especially when i crash off the caffeine and it is about 2AM.

As far as the other things with the topics that "suck" well pretty much I just don't pay attention to a lot of the threads I don't care about, anything in touchy subject that starts to get too conservative or too liberal i try to stay away from. If a thread or conversation I am involved in starts to go a little too nerd I try to change the subject up a little or I talk less until the topic starts to come back to normal. Unless the topic is initially nerdy I will talk more in it, like the game talk thread i started and things like that. Hence my lack of posts after speaking about spiderman and LOTR post in the movies thread from today.

but hey if you want less nerdy conversation, or more interesting conversation in threads then start threads that will go that way.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Jo Wrote:they all blow lately. sorry, but when this all started it was fun and people joked around way more. now it's just lame puns, innuendos, conservative talk, and nerd conventions.

...IMO.

...IMO.

...IMO.

...IMO.

...IMO.
Mark the Valet Wrote:

...IMO.

...IMO.

??? looks like someone better hold back on the meth.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I think this thread is the worst thread.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I think this thread is the worst thread.

Are you familiar with the term "A day late, and a dollar short?"

Rock Monster Wrote:...And last, before any of you asses say it, is this thread.
Rock Monster Wrote:Are you familiar with the term "A day late, and a dollar short?"

Please, go on...

Just want to throw my two cents in. It's been mentioned, but I think the worst threads are those designed purely to build post count.

"I win."
"Now I win."
"Nope, I win."

or (sorry Queenie)...

"I slap you."
"I slap you back, tee hee!"
burnking Wrote:or (sorry Queenie)...

"I slap you."

It helps to get pent up frustrations out.
burnking Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Are you familiar with the term "A day late, and a dollar short?"

Please, go on...

Just want to throw my two cents in. It's been mentioned, but I think the worst threads are those designed purely to build post count.

"I win."
"Now I win."
"Nope, I win."

or (sorry Queenie)...

"I slap you."

Posts in the games forum don't add to post counts for this very reason.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Well good then!

Queenie, I do it by harshly making fun of people to their face. I get away with it though because I'm always bitterly sarcastic so people just think I'm joking. Suckers.