Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copp shooting
During the local discussion today I tended to agree with all the points that Hotwings was making. Why is an elaborate drug raid necessary for a kid who smokes a ton of pot? Shouldn't they be spending their time doing something else. Of course he was doing something illegal but it is a shame that pot is illegal in the first place. If they had a warrant for this they knew exactly what they were going in for, a large amount of marijuana alone. I am interested if they were planning on getting him with intent to distribute.
I feel terrible for the officer an do not blame him at all. I blame our society policy on drugs, especially pot; refer to the officer that was on the show last week. That being said, Zanes bias for the officer was slightly annoying. He tried to ramp it up a bit too far when stupid people started calling in but the other guys brought him back down.
To me, if this raid really was the result of "months" of investigation as they claim it was, then they should have known exactly what they were going into. I live in Campus View, and it isn't like anyone here is running a major drug house. He obviously lived on the first floor, and all they had to do was send a plain clothed officer out during the day to scout out the place, almost everyone here leaves their blinds open during the day.

Granted we don't know the whole story yet, but even just the fact that he was completely unarmed and not trying to threaten or run (which the cops themselves have said) makes the shooting a big problem. A lot of people seem to take issue with the fact that he was a druggie (which has no evidence presented yet), and just say well then he deserved it, which is the worst argument I have ever seen. That's like saying if you are pulled over for drunk driving and then shot, it was all ok.

It will be interesting to see how the police investigation goes, cause so far something doesn't add up and some big piece of information must be missing.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."