Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do ya'll think?
I'm a podcaster and I just got to Friday's show. I know I might be alittle late to the party, but I just want to know what everyone thought about the email they read from the woman that said it was ok for a woman to take a beating if she hits a man.

Personally I don't think a man should ever hit a woman, but I was just wanting to get an idea of what ya'll think.
If it's OK for a woman to hit a woman than it's hypocritical to say its wrong for a man to hit a woman. I understand it's ingrained that a lot of guys open doors for girls and chivalry shouldn't be seen as insulting but come on, big guys slug little guys and capable chicks can beat a lot of guys' asses. If someone is attacking you you should be able to both defend yourself and neutralize the situation regardless of genitalia.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I 100% agree that a man should never hit a woman. Unless she is threatening your life with a weapon it should never happen. Having said that women should not be able to get away with this either. However you want to look at it, it's an assault.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I just don't really see the hypocrisy(spelling?). But I guess that's how I was raised. I think it's fine to stop someone from attacking you, but that can still be done without taking a swing.
Jiggy Wrote:I 100% agree that a man should never hit a woman. Unless she is threatening your life with a weapon it should never happen. Having said that women should not be able to get away with this either. However you want to look at it, it's an assault.

Isn't by using the disclaimer "only if she has a weapon" saying that without one she shouldn't get hit because she then can't possibly be a threat? I'm not trying to put words into your mouth I just can't wrap my mind around how guys justify this white flag approach even if she WANTS TO KILL YOU.

I'm not saying if a girl is pissed and starts hitting you you should punch her in the face and kick her in the ribs while she's down and out, that wouldn't be kosher if it was a guy, I just don't understand. And I'm on the side that the laws are unfortunately always in the woman's favor!
I think the weapon point was stupid.

I guess I was just raised under the idea that a man walks away from this situation. And thats not a man/woman thing, it's a boy/man thing.
whatthef Wrote:I guess I was just raised under the idea that a man walks away from this situation. And thats not a man/woman thing, it's a boy/man thing.

Exactly. And if a majority of people were brought up to believe this than theoretically the alternative situation in which you couldn't get away and had to knock them out to escape death/bodily harm should also be seen as reasonable. Would you really stand there and not raise a hand to your female attacker because society has wired you to never hit a girl because it's not fair?

I believe the goal was equality...
I have to say if it was an absolute life or death situation I would hit back, otherwise I would do whatever I needed to that didn't involve hitting to defuse the situation.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:I have to say if it was an absolute life or death situation I would hit back, otherwise I would do whatever I needed to that didn't involve hitting to defuse the situation.

This was the point I was trying to make with the weapons. I'm saying I could justify hitting if my life was threatened but if I was just some minger who was pissed off at my wife that day and decided to give her a fist sandwich that is obviously wrong.

I agree with Zane when he said he would take pride in not letting the anger take over him and just being able to walk away if a woman hit him.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I don't think men should hit woman, but if a woman hits him first, he has the right to defend. If she thinks she is cocky enough to punch she should get punched back. But I think that it should only be defensive, and when the situation is in control, to back off. In other words, subdue the crazy woman, and let it be.
On that note: What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothin, you already told her twice! Tongue

...I know, it's a terrible joke, but I couldn't resist...
There is a process to handle the whole hitting a woman thing. First is avoid: dodge and keep distance, second if need be is restraint: if possible get in some sort of hold in an effort to calm her down, third is block if possible: if the woman is not really much a fighter a guy should not really feel much pain from it and be able to block. Through all of this if she is truly not relenting a man should make an effort to get police involved and possibly attempt to get video to cover your ass.

If she is threatening with a weapon you should try to disarm. Basically try to avoid hitting. The only exception is if she is like some sort of butch heavy weight lifter chick that could kick hulk hogan's ass and you have the fighting ability of Zane. Because in general naturally a guy should be strong enough to restrain a woman until the police or any other help arrives, or he could just walk away from the situation all together.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
What if it was this woman:

[Image: GinaCarano.jpg]

:o
if it was carano you better get your punches in while you can. and i say if a woman has enough balls to hit a man in the face, then she may deserve whats coming to her, if she hit a man in the face because he hit her, then shes already in a bad relationship and needs to get out, but if she wants to start hitting said dude in the face, or stomach, or balls, then that is her ticket to one hell of an ass kicking!
Pull her hair
I agreed with her. If a woman hits a man, then the man should have the right to hit back. This isn't to say the man then has the right to beat the shit out of her. He has the right to equalize the situation using equal force.

Using the logic that "men are stronger than women" does not pass the sniff test. If you believe that, then you need to also agree that if the woman is stronger than the man, which can happen, then the man is then the underdog, and should be allowed to fight back.

For example - Hulk Hogan hitting Hannah Montana is unacceptable, because she is the weaker of the two. But what if Tatiana Ali punches Frankie Muniz? Is that considered acceptable on the basis that "men are stronger than women"?

You can't have equality when it's convenient for you.

I've never hit a woman, and I don't plan to any time soon (though one time I did have to drop an old roommate's girlfriend without hitting her because she raised a hammer at me! LOL) But I think if you're going to fight for equality, then you need to do so with a full acceptance of any consequences that come with it.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Now a woman who pushes a man to get him off of her or slaps a man because of something rude he has said about her (i.e. calling her a slut, whore, etc.) should not, IMHO, be retaliated against. If a woman decides to buck up and start a fist fight, I think a man has the right to defend himself.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:...or slaps a man because of something rude he has said about her (i.e. calling her a slut, whore, etc.) should not, IMHO, be retaliated against...

*playing devil's advocate*
To play off of 'zester's equality quote... then is it OK for a man to slap a woman is she calls him a dick, cock, etc.?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
zdunklee Wrote:What if it was this woman:

[Image: GinaCarano.jpg]

:o

I'd hit that... I mean her... wait. What were we talking about?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
No, if she just calls him a name, then he should be able to call her a name back. Equal force is key. If she slaps him, he can slap her. If she punches him, he should be able to punch back.
hotzester Wrote:No, if she just calls him a name, then he should be able to call her a name back. Equal force is key. If she slaps him, he can slap her. If she punches him, he should be able to punch back.

I guess I'm not the best person to be unbiased here, if you know what I mean.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Because you called me all those names?
I thought our pet names were being kept between me and you.
When I suggested pet names for one another, I wasn't counting on you calling me Fido and making me wear that collar.
Everyone should hit everyone
all the time
with chainsaws...

It'd be awesome.
If a chick is screaming at me and getting in my face, I just walk away.

Now, if she's clawing at my face, punching me, assaulting me in any way, then I'll probably throw down. It's rules of engagement.
I think every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If I haul off and hit someone, I fully expect to be hit back, even without as much power put into it.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
hotzester Wrote:When I suggested pet names for one another, I wasn't counting on you calling me Fido and making me wear that collar.

But I thought you liked it. Undecided
the problem with the whole guy hitting a woman in retaliation thing is that it will always end up the guy being in trouble.

I have been in heated arguements with a woman. I have been slapped and struck in other ways. I didn't retaliate because of the fact that i know if i did she would be seriously injured it takes a lot of restraint to not hit full force when striking back especally for a big guy like myself. therefore i chose not to strike. This is why I have always followed the philosophy of avoidance. I have used arm holds, and parry moves to avoid a full on confrontation. I have even been threatened with a hammer, but it isn't difficult to disarm a person when they are upset to the point they would do such a thing anyway, however if it did come down to it 911 is always the smartest way to go if it gets that far. I mean unless you look like DJ Qualls you would probably be able to seriously injure a woman. That is if she doesn't have any type of martial arts background. In that case her hands can be considered weapons as they are, but she should know better than to attack a person because the first rule of martial arts is to not use force unless there is no other choice.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I did until you hit the button and shocked me.
Re: What do ya'll think?
I was picturing a world filled with people with those big blow up hammers obtained at carnivals, but chainsaws would be so much quieter.
if the woman has a weapon(a real weapon, use your common sense) and makes threats to ANYBODY, she's fairgame to leg sweep or baby maker punch. other than that, you don't hit girls.
I agree with Zester on all the points he makes besides what is below.

hotzester Wrote:For example - Hulk Hogan hitting Hannah Montana is unacceptable, because she is the weaker of the two. But what if Tatiana Ali punches Frankie Muniz?
Tatiana Ali played Will Smith's cousin on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. She would probably have more problems kicking Frankie's ass than Laila Ali would. :'(