Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.I.G.
Here is the biggest problem of the whole thing. If some of these huge companies fold it would ripple throughout the world economy and cause other companies that are dependent on some of these products or services that company provided to fold too because they were so vested with them. Now as far as people getting told what to do. Well yes a lot of us can make our own decisions, but I don't know if you have noticed this, but people in general are too lazy to make decisions for themselves, this is where the problem lies. People are too lazy to make their own food so they just buy from mcdonalds the biggest and fattiest thing they can find, then when they get fat the sue mcdonalds. People decide for some reason to smoke cigarettes then soon enough they begin to smoke 1 pack a day then 2 then 3 and even more in some cases. then they get cancer and sue the tobacco companies. All of this because they were lead to doing so by one person or another, while social darwinism does thin out the herd the ones that actually are the strong still have to pay for what the weaker ones do. Same goes with business, the businesses may be big but the taxpayer base is bigger, and has to pay. If we do not pay in the long run we would end up being hurt more by not paying than by paying.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
There are reports that say that because of the "the new deal" spending back in the first depression, it took our country seven years longer to get back on its feet, and then the only reason we ever did is because of the wars, and the money the production of ships and goods and other things needed for that time. America is no longer a producing country, we make very little in fact. Therefore we have nothing of value to dig us out of the spending hole our last few government eras have created for us. Our money is even becoming worthless since we no longer back it with gold for every bill printed (gold standard).

I think that, sure, the fall of these companies would hurt, a lot, but they are going bankrupt dispite the money thrown at them. It is only slowing it down and paying the people that screwed it up. As far as the housing industry goes, what they should have done is forced all the banks that made the bad loan decisions lower the interest rates of all current loans to 1-3%, sure they won't make tons of money on them, but they were the greedy ones that decided that even though they knew these people couldn't pay them, they would loan the money so they could open more branches, etc (you'd have to research to understand if you don't know).

The car industry wouldn't have even a penny to its name if it wasn't for the investors (people with 401ks like the teachers and firefighters that invested in GM) but Obama and his administration decided that the workers unions are the ones to get the money, and the people that have bet their entire retirement on GM are SOL? The Unions are half the problem with the downfall of the big companies tanking now anyway. I'm not saying all unions are bad, trade unions help a lot of people to not get taken advantage of, but the auto unions basically ran the companies. They ran them into the dirt. When you have the mentality of "us vs them" in a company every one loses.

I worked in a paint factory for 6 years. It was non union, but we were treated very fairly. If we worked hard and were productive, didn't cause waste, made the company money, then we got raises. one year some of the workers were careless, caused spills, wasted tools and money, cost the company money. We did not get a raise that year, and when people griped, I told them why.

Most everything comes down to the "entitlement/blame others attitude", including the sue happy people that you mentioned Philly. That is one of the major causes of the downfall of our country. When people came to this country a couple generations ago, they were so happy to have the opportunities that were available to them in America, that they worked hard, earned what they got, and appreciated anything they were given.

Now laziness and corruption are rewarded, hard working people get discouraged, finding they have no reson to work hard, and nothing to work for. Anything they earn will be given to people that don't make any effort to help themselves.

to z ~
Food control bill http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-15june2009.htm I don't know about the Amish, but they are being very vague, another law they can adjust to suit their needs. I'm sure they'll pass it without notice until they start trying to regulate things then, when there is an outcry they will adjust it. Just like the children's clothing and toys- lead law that was going to put hundreds of little people out of business.
sunshyne Wrote:to z ~
Food control bill http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-15june2009.htm I don't know about the Amish, but they are being very vague, another law they can adjust to suit their needs. I'm sure they'll pass it without notice until they start trying to regulate things then, when there is an outcry they will adjust it. Just like the children's clothing and toys- lead law that was going to put hundreds of little people out of business.

It is very vauge, I just know that the Amish are exempt from almost every other federal bill that governs any food production and farms because how they grow their food is part of their religion as well. They are exempt from many other things as well like Social Security Taxes, Child Labor Laws, etc.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."