Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Software
Here's a place to get student discounts on software

If you know of any legitimate sources for discounted software please post a link

www.journeyed.com/select

Photoshop CS4 for 179.00
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Here's a place to get student discounts on software

If you know of any legitimate sources for discounted software please post a link

www.journeyed.com/select

Photoshop CS4 for 179.00

Isn't it technically Adobe CS4?

... not being a dick, seriuos question.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Adobe is the parent company and Photoshop is the product name and CS 4 is the version

Kind of like it's a Chevrolet Corvette ZR 1

It's Adobe Photoshop CS4
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Adobe is the parent company and Photoshop is the product name and CS 4 is the version

Kind of like it's a Chevrolet Corvette ZR 1

It's Adobe Photoshop CS4

yeah there are different packages for the whole CS 4 thing, they include the photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, illustrator, and a bunch of other things depending on what you need them for.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Yeah, you can buy photoshop, dreamweaver, flash, fireworks, etc by themselves or you can buy them in bundles depending on what you're looking for

I have Adobe Web Premium CS3 and it included Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Bridge, Illustrator, Indesign, and Flash all for one price

There are other bundles available
Wowie Groovie !
Ok, I had to look into this. I wasn't "technically" wrong.

Adobe has the following CS4 products:

After Effects CS4
Bridge CS4
Contribute CS4
CS4 Design Premium
CS4 Design Standard
CS4 Master Collection
CS4 Production Premium
CS4 Web Premium
CS4 Web Standard
Device Central CS4
Dreamweaver CS4
Encore CS4
Fireworks CS4
Flash CS4 Professional
Illustrator CS4
InCopy CS4
InDesign CS4
InDesign CS4 Server
Adobe On Location CS4
Photoshop CS4
Photoshop CS4 Extended
Adobe Premier Pro CS4
Sound Booth CS4
Version Cue CS4

EDIT: ***Long winded version of what you guys said***
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
yeah, i have had my eye on the web premium and a side of indesign.

I have been looking into starting a web based business for a while, just don't have the support i need and it kind of kills the motivation i have had for it.
You crazy kids and your legitmate sources for software...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:You crazy kids and your legitmate sources for software...
well for business you need the legal version. but hey if you are just learning there is a nova that is very helpful.
Correction, you are susposed to have the legal version, you don't need it. It will help you avoid a lawsuit to have the legal one.

...I don't own a single piece of legal software...

However, if you are a student and want some legal versions of microsoft software for free here ya go: https://www.dreamspark.com/default.aspx
zdunklee Wrote:Correction, you are susposed to have the legal version, you don't need it. It will help you avoid a lawsuit to have the legal one.

...I don't own a single piece of legal software...

you can split hairs if you want. business is business.

as far as getting the software by other means... been there done that. meh i used to have so much stuff that i never even used it and the things i did use barley got used once. Went into the FTPs and IRC rooms and the pubs not to mention even a newsgroup. There were a lot of other means too with S2k at the time and all of that. There are very few programs that are truly worthwhile. Besides with torrents out there now it is so much easier.

but as far as these programs go you will definitely need the real versions if you don't want your business to get royally screwed. It would just be the smarter way to go.
For most business it would be the smarter way to go. (unless you want software that isn't sold to the general public like GM's techline software that they distribute to all their dealers and tells you how to fix 99% of all possible problems with their cars Wink)
zdunklee Wrote:For most business it would be the smarter way to go. (unless you want software that isn't sold to the general public like GM's techline software that they distribute to all their dealers and tells you how to fix 99% of all possible problems with their cars Wink)

well leaked software is a different creature. Betas and things like that are always fun to play with. its just the whole warez scene gets boring.
I only use it for things I actually use, like the CS4 Master Suite, which is effing sweet btw...

Also if you are interested in programming at all or web design, then DreamSpark that I linked above is the place to go.
I absolutely refuse to trust my work to pirated software
Wowie Groovie !
http://www.theultimatesteal.com

Microsoft Office 2007 for $60.

You can also get Vista Ultimate for $64 (now that it's not nearly as buggy). I've heard good things from the RC1 testers on Windows 7, so maybe you want to wait for that.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.