Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Jesus Read ?
I don't know the Bible very well, but back in my college days I did a fair bit of bible study, and I never found a truly satisfying answer to this question.

Nowhere in the Bible is it mentioned that Jesus was ever educated, would being the son of a carpenter necessarily mean that he attended whatever schools were available at the time ?

He's the son of God/ is God BUT he was placed on earth as a man with all the trappings thereof, humans are not born literate

So, I ask, could Jesus read and write
Wowie Groovie !
Probably.
As a demi-god he could most likely learn faster than a human and therefore develop such knowledges.
jesus can do what he wants to. he is the ultimate pimp.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
According to my boyfriend who has a Master's in this,

He may have been educated by Greeks in Sephoris - which was the cultural center of the world in Galilee when he was growing up. He could read Hebrew and probably Greek - but spoke Aramaic and DEFINATELY couldn't write.

I don't know what half of that means.
That's what she said.
I can't recall the specific passage, so I very well might be wrong, but isn't there something in Scripture that mentions when as a young man Jesus once spoke/taught from some scrolls at a Jewish synagogue?

This evening I'll try verify if this is correct, but if so, I believe it is an example of him reading.
jesus can do anything. he is still around he changed his name to Chuck Norris.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
According to the Gospel of Luke He could:

Luke 4:14-19

Jesus' Public Ministry
14 And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.

15 And He began teaching in their synagogues and was praised by all.
16 And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"