Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCW (Concealed Weapons Permits)
Do you have one? Do you want one? Why did you feel the need to get/want one?

Do you feel safer/less safe knowing that the person next to you may be carrying a fire arm (legally)?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I may have to. Going into law enforcement I know some places have their officers carry concealed weapons. Not sure though about where I want to get on at.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Have one, hope I never have to use it, but I would rather have it and use it than need it and not have it.
A lot of people (criminals) that use guns illegally will use them regardless of what governmental restraints are put forward. I don't mind abiding by the laws, as long as when and if the time comes and I need to protect myself, my family or someone else, I can and will.

My husband has his permit as well and is never unarmmed, he actually works part time at a local gun shop here in Nashville. Often if we go somewhere together, I won't carry because I know if we are attacked, he will do everything in his power to protect me.

I cannot carry at work, but you bet I have a gun safe in my car. My handgun goes into it before I get to work, and comes out of it the instant I leave work.
I have a purse that has a holster built into it, just for carrying purposes.
Typically Officers 'Open Carry' and probably wouldn't need a 'Concealed Weapons Permit' as the weapon isn't concealed.

I have one, clearly got it here in Michigan. The main reasons I wanted one was:

1) Strength in numbers, with growing numbers of law abiding citizens it would more difficult to take the guns away

2) It's easier to purchase a gun when you have a CCW

3) I drive for work, often times in areas that I don't know, give me a little peace of mind to have one in the glove box
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I believe the permit in TN is simply a carry permit, concealed or not. Though, concealed often doesn't invite trouble.
In Michigan we're allowed to 'open carry' at all times. The trouble is, if a crazy woman on the streets doesn't like that I have a gun she call tell the police that i was brandishing, and if she can describe the gun in enough detail the police could arrest me for it.

I tell ya though, when I'm carrying in my truck, I'm the best driver in the world...I don't speed, i use my signals and I come to complete stops...the last thing i want is some rookie cop looking for an excuse to pull me over and then getting nervous and when he realizes I'm carrying.
yeah, I'm usually a good driver, but extra good when carrying.
Neighbors had one growing up (oh wait, I don't believe I was supposed to know that), and it didn't bother me one bit. Don't really think they'd come running over, barrels ablaze, had our home ever been broken into, but it was still sort of nice to know somebody nearby was packin' heat.
my dad does....it's not loaded. he's going with the idea that if he had to it pull out, the sight of the gun alone would make whoever the business end is pointed at run away.

i always tell him he should've just gotten a airsoft gun. all the looks and for cheap and none of the papers.
Jo Wrote:i always tell him he should've just gotten a airsoft gun. all the looks and for cheap and none of the papers.

except for the giant orange tip...
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Jo Wrote:i always tell him he should've just gotten a airsoft gun. all the looks and for cheap and none of the papers.

except for the giant orange tip...

black paint could never do something about that.
If he's not going to keep it loaded he may as well just carry a airsoft gun, I have an airsoft that looks pretty damn real, and looks way more intimidating than my real conceal gun.
Jo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:except for the giant orange tip...

black paint could never do something about that.

Yeah, it's not like that's against the law or anything.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Jo Wrote:black paint could never do something about that.

Yeah, it's not like that's against the law or anything.

it's against the law to pull out a fake gun when you're in danger? huh.
Jo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Yeah, it's not like that's against the law or anything.

It's illegal to paint a toy gun to look real....i believe.

I believe it started when a kid pulled a toy gun on a police officer..thus all 'real looking' toy guns have orange tips and the rest are clear plastic or made of bright colors
Jo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Yeah, it's not like that's against the law or anything.

No. Did I quote you recommending carrying an air soft and say that's illegal? I quoted you saying you could paint it black.

It's against the law to modify a fake gun to look like a real gun.
I tried to get my dad to give me his old Ruger. He keeps it locked up, unloaded, in the attic space above his closet in their bedroom. He said, "no, I want to keep it for home defense." to which I said, "what, are you going to ask the criminals nicely to wait a minute before you beat me and rape my family while I go to the attic to get my gun and unlock it and load it?" You might as well have a rock for use in home defense.
sunshyne Wrote:I tried to get my dad to give me his old Ruger. He keeps it locked up, unloaded, in the attic space above his closet in their bedroom. He said, "no, I want to keep it for home defense." to which I said, "what, are you going to ask the criminals nicely to wait a minute before you beat me and rape my family while I go to the attic to get my gun and unlock it and load it?" You might as well have a rock for use in home defense.

I definitely think your dad missed the point of keeping a gun for home defense.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Do you have one? Do you want one? Why did you feel the need to get/want one?

Do you feel safer/less safe knowing that the person next to you may be carrying a fire arm (legally)?

no.
yes.
protect my children wife and kids.

as long as they are sane, yes.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Krystal Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:I tried to get my dad to give me his old Ruger. He keeps it locked up, unloaded, in the attic space above his closet in their bedroom. He said, "no, I want to keep it for home defense." to which I said, "what, are you going to ask the criminals nicely to wait a minute before you beat me and rape my family while I go to the attic to get my gun and unlock it and load it?" You might as well have a rock for use in home defense.

I definitely think your dad missed the point of keeping a gun for home defense.

yeah, he's a bit of a dummy, bless his heart.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Jo Wrote:it's against the law to pull out a fake gun when you're in danger? huh.

It's illegal to paint a toy gun to look real....i believe.

I believe it started when a kid pulled a toy gun on a police officer..thus all 'real looking' toy guns have orange tips and the rest are clear plastic or made of bright colors

I often times wonder if criminals ever paint their real guns bright colors, in an effort to make people think they're just toys.
potthole Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:It's illegal to paint a toy gun to look real....i believe.

I often times wonder if criminals ever paint their real guns bright colors, in an effort to make people think they're just toys.

Na... they'd lose their street cred.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I think i might need a permit.

BECAUSE SOMETIMES I WEAR GLOVES

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

*guitar riff*
Philly Mike Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Do you have one? Do you want one? Why did you feel the need to get/want one?

no.
yes.
protect my children wife and kids.

as long as they are sane, yes.

"as long as they are sane, yes."

Quote:Posted by Doktor on Today at 11:33am
I think i might need a permit.

BECAUSE SOMETIMES I WEAR GLOVES

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

*guitar riff*

Ummmmmm...... no