Poll: Should the show bring back NTT as a weekly feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, every week
86.96%
60 86.96%
Yes, but not every week
7.25%
5 7.25%
No
5.80%
4 5.80%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name That Tune
What happend to Name That Tune? Did they decide to just get rid of it? Someone must have an answer....
Thought I heard "coming up: name that tune" as I was waking up this morning. The Friday drive to work just wasn't the same Sad
torque91 Wrote:Thought I heard "coming up: name that tune" as I was waking up this morning. The Friday drive to work just wasn't the same Sad

Agreed.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
My hope is that Kurt Busch just wasn't available to make the list this week so they scrapped it today.
I really hope they didn't take it away for good. I look forward to it every Friday, it's one of my favorite bits.
Yeah, I'm hoping that Kurt Busch wasn't available because he was too busy looking for more black women's clothes to sell on e-bay because NTT is my absolutely favorite weekly segment. First we lost the greatness that is Uncanny Impressions. Losing NTT would suck hard.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
thebigfreeze Wrote:What happend to Name That Tune? Did they decide to just get rid of it? Someone must have an answer....

I thought it was weird last week when they didn't do it on Thursday, which they usually do when they'll be out Friday. I was very surprised not to see it in the podcast. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't mention it though, they are always very upfront about changes like that. So maybe there is a logical explanation.
Amateur Anti Spite Board Enthusiast
WE DEMAND AN ANSWER!!
although I was off today and didnt lsitenWink
Yea, no NTT sucked hardcore, I missed it last week when they were off, but two weeks in a row is terrible. It is by far one of the best segments of the show every week.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I hope they're not being too influenced by this new syndicator guy

First DTZ becoming 1 segment, then (hopefully NOT) no NTT?

Come on dudes! We love NTT! Don't get rid of it
At least DTZ kind of makes more sense in one segment so that the caller doesn't have all that hold time between segments. But no NNT is BLASPHEMY!
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
If they did axe it, the only reason I could think of would be that there sponsors that hand out the ipods bowed out.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
If you are upset that the FB and HW show is starting to phone it in in an attempt to homogenize the show for syndication nationwide, then may I suggest an alternative....KATG.com...the kieth and the girl show....you can download their show for free, or you can choose to donate, but it's well worth it downloading their show. They work for their listenership, and they are hilarious, especially on thursdays when patrice is on....
name that tune went to hell when they let Kurt do it......................what a dissappointment
crackerdrunk Wrote:If you are upset that the FB and HW show is starting to phone it in in an attempt to homogenize the show for syndication nationwide, then may I suggest an alternative....KATG.com...the kieth and the girl show....you can download their show for free, or you can choose to donate, but it's well worth it downloading their show. They work for their listenership, and they are hilarious, especially on thursdays when patrice is on....

Dude, seriously eff off!!! They are not phoning it in or homogenizing the show, if you're so upset just go away and leave real fans alone.
jiggyjiggyhoss Wrote:If they did axe it, the only reason I could think of would be that there sponsors that hand out the ipods bowed out.

I thought that too at first, but Thirdorb.com was only a recent addition anyway. They were doing it long before they were giving away iPods, so I don't think that alone would be a reason to stop doing it.
crackerdrunk Wrote:If you are upset that the FB and HW show is starting to phone it in in an attempt to homogenize the show for syndication nationwide, then may I suggest an alternative....KATG.com...the kieth and the girl show....you can download their show for free, or you can choose to donate, but it's well worth it downloading their show. They work for their listenership, and they are hilarious, especially on thursdays when patrice is on....

Do you actually like FB&HW or are you just here to pimp that other show?

Actually, I have a better question. Are you Keith or "The Girl?"

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:

Do you actually like FB&HW or are you just here to pimp that other show?

Actually, I have a better question. Are you Keith or "The Girl?"

Don't forget this is the same guy that was glad the towers fell on the police on 9/11. :roll:
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I am leaving the show. They didnt have NTT for one whole day, must mean they canceled it, and it will never be mentioned again. The only reason I listened every day was to make sure they didnt announce they were canceling NTT, and now they went and canceled it without mentioning it, so I wasted all that time Monday thru Thursday listenening! Bob and Tom here I come.
Hurley Wrote:I am leaving the show. They didnt have NTT for one whole day, must mean they canceled it, and it will never be mentioned again. The only reason I listened every day was to make sure they didnt announce they were canceling NTT, and now they went and canceled it without mentioning it, so I wasted all that time Monday thru Thursday listenening! Bob and Tom here I come.

Your not Hurley. The real Hurley would've had some "dudes" thrown in there.
patmcgroin Wrote:I hope they're not being too influenced by this new syndicator guy

who is this syndicator guy? i'm a podcaster and haven't heard about that yet. i'll be sad if we lose NTT b/c of him, but if he could get the guys on in st. louis, it would make it up a little...
To suggest that our show has recently become homogenized because of a new syndicator or aspirations of affiliate growth is stupid and ignorant and crackerdrunk can take his pimping of another show and shove it. Our show has been syndicated for 5 years and the only difference is the person who handles affiliates, which has absolutely no bearing on actual content or anyone listening. As far as NTT, we just simply decided to give it a breather. It's only 1/2 hour of over 30 hours of material per week, so I hardly think that the entire show has a different feel because we didn't do it once. Over the years, a LOT of segments have come and gone. It's not like we decided to start playing 4 Culture Club songs per hour or something. That's not to say that we don't want feedback or criticism, we just don't need clueless idiots like crackerdrunk critiquing the show based on utter nonsense.
I look forward to it's return if/when it does. Love the show!
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
hotwings Wrote:It's only 1/2 hour of over 30 hours of material per week, so I hardly think that the entire show has a different feel because we didn't do it once.

Depends on your point of view. When you can only listen to the show while driving to work in the morning you're looking at a huge change in the material that you are listening to. I usually listen from around 7:20 AM EST to about 7:55 AM EST M-F so by changing the material during that period of time it's a significant alteration.

It was the same with DTZ trivia, as the move to 8 AM EST locked it out of the time period that people who start work at 8 AM could listen to it in certain markets.
lwt,

In recent history there have been innovations in modern radio. One (most recent)being live streaming of radio broadcasts over the 'internetz'. The other major inovation came in the form of radios that aren't hardwired to your vehicle or home. These small and often surprisingly powerful radios can pick up radio broadcasts from miles away and can run on simply 2 AA batteries or even AC electricity that can be piped into your place of work. Headphones (contact me for help on these) can also be used with the portable radios...but I won't get into those as I don't want to melt your brain.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
lwt Wrote:
hotwings Wrote:It's only 1/2 hour of over 30 hours of material per week, so I hardly think that the entire show has a different feel because we didn't do it once.

Depends on your point of view. When you can only listen to the show while driving to work in the morning you're looking at a huge change in the material that you are listening to. I usually listen from around 7:20 AM EST to about 7:55 AM EST M-F so by changing the material during that period of time it's a significant alteration.

It was the same with DTZ trivia, as the move to 8 AM EST locked it out of the time period that people who start work at 8 AM could listen to it in certain markets.

Translation: The show evolving, or changing is OK as long as it doesn't effect me.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
howiefeltersnatch Wrote:lwt,

In recent history there have been innovations in modern radio. One (most recent)being live streaming of radio broadcasts over the 'internetz'. The other major inovation came in the form of radios that aren't hardwired to your vehicle or home. These small and often surprisingly powerful radios can pick up radio broadcasts from miles away and can run on simply 2 AA batteries or even AC electricity that can be piped into your place of work. Headphones (contact me for help on these) can also be used with the portable radios...but I won't get into those as I don't want to melt your brain.
I see what you did there....
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
Daniel Wrote:
Hurley Wrote:I am leaving the show. They didnt have NTT for one whole day, must mean they canceled it, and it will never be mentioned again. The only reason I listened every day was to make sure they didnt announce they were canceling NTT, and now they went and canceled it without mentioning it, so I wasted all that time Monday thru Thursday listenening! Bob and Tom here I come.

Your not Hurley. The real Hurley would've had some "dudes" thrown in there.

Dude, I totally agree.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Wow, hotwings posting with a vengence today!

katmama Wrote:
patmcgroin Wrote:I hope they're not being too influenced by this new syndicator guy

who is this syndicator guy? i'm a podcaster and haven't heard about that yet. i'll be sad if we lose NTT b/c of him, but if he could get the guys on in st. louis, it would make it up a little...

You mussn't listen very closely to your podcast, in that case, because they've been cracking jokes about the new help for the better part of two or three weeks.
hotwings Wrote:As far as NTT, we just simply decided to give it a breather.

let me know when it's back.
hotwings Wrote:To suggest that our show has recently become homogenized because of a new syndicator or aspirations of affiliate growth is stupid and ignorant and crackerdrunk can take his pimping of another show and shove it. Our show has been syndicated for 5 years and the only difference is the person who handles affiliates, which has absolutely no bearing on actual content or anyone listening. As far as NTT, we just simply decided to give it a breather. It's only 1/2 hour of over 30 hours of material per week, so I hardly think that the entire show has a different feel because we didn't do it once. Over the years, a LOT of segments have come and gone. It's not like we decided to start playing 4 Culture Club songs per hour or something. That's not to say that we don't want feedback or criticism, we just don't need clueless idiots like crackerdrunk critiquing the show based on utter nonsense.

I like Internet Tough Guy Hot Wings. Can he replace the Hot Wings that does the radio show?

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I don't understand why you wanted to give it a breather. It's the second best, if not the best, half hour of the week next to DTZ. I think even Freebeer has stated it one of his favorite times of the week. You guys seem to enjoy it and obviously we do. Its not too often I disagree with you guys, but this I have to say was a wrong move.
Wait, there was no NTT on Friday? Geez, that's one of my favorite segments all week, and it wasn't until I read this thread that I realized I didn't hear it today on the podcast. Strange.
They don't need a segment to be good. I remember one time they almost killed me just doing the news...
bummer...if this doesn't come back i'll be sad. its been my favorite part of the week every since they've shown up in g.r.
Howie Feltersnatch,

I know that it's been a while since you've had one but there are these things called jobs. These jobs give you money and not the government cheese that is sent to you at the beginning of the month or that food card which you can use to buy Doritos and Mountain Dew. The hard part of these jobs is that they have rules that you have to follow and if you don't follow them then they might get rid of you and not give you any money for your work. It might be tough for you to actually follow these rules (as seen by you currently dreaming about attending PC Pro School) but some of us like to earn money and not receive it from the government. One of these rules might be to not listen to the radio during our "work" or stream it from that internet which is now on computers. Yes, I might buy the podcast and therefore hear the full 30 hours per week but I choose to not do so and I suspect a lot of others out there do the same.

I could go on about how listening for 2.5 hours per week means that one segment being removed is a big change but I know that your free library time is about up.
Or lwt could subscribe to the podcast.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Yes NTT went crappy when IKB started doing it but I still look forward to it. It better be back Friday! Lol.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
admin Wrote:Or lwt could subscribe to the podcast.

Pff... nah. It's way more fun to pretend he's an out of work pedo that immediately gets into his rusty van when he's done listening to the show for five hours each and every morning. :?
lwt Wrote:Howie Feltersnatch,

I know that it's been a while since you've had one but there are these things called jobs. These jobs give you money and not the government cheese that is sent to you at the beginning of the month or that food card which you can use to buy Doritos and Mountain Dew. The hard part of these jobs is that they have rules that you have to follow and if you don't follow them then they might get rid of you and not give you any money for your work. It might be tough for you to actually follow these rules (as seen by you currently dreaming about attending PC Pro School) but some of us like to earn money and not receive it from the government. One of these rules might be to not listen to the radio during our "work" or stream it from that internet which is now on computers. Yes, I might buy the podcast and therefore hear the full 30 hours per week but I choose to not do so and I suspect a lot of others out there do the same.

I could go on about how listening for 2.5 hours per week means that one segment being removed is a big change but I know that your free library time is about up.

It's so cute when someone tries to be clever and condescending only for it to come off as lame schtick.

If you have one of those... what did you call them... JOBS then you should have $30 a year to spare on the podcast. Also, tallying up the time it would require to drive to and from work along with time that could be spent walking the dogs or working out at the gym there's enough time in a day to listen to the entire show.

Lots of people live a full and active life while still finding the time to listen to the entire show.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown