Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Voice-Over Guy
New Voice-Over Guy? The sarcasm is FAIL, he sounds like he's reading a script (which is what he's doing).

It's different, and [Ron Burgondy]I. DON'T. LIKE IT. [/Ron Burgundy]

As you were.
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
Yeah...why do we have that guy? Are we mocking someone else in the business? Is this social commentary on something? Is the new syndication guy making you do it? We demand answers, and less voice over!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Come on its the first day give it a chance. Big Grin Relax
Uh, the guys are the first to say when something sucks. This, sucks. Eventually I'm sure it will fade in to white noise, but I won't apologize for calling out Teh Fail......
It sounds like goldenthroat.... is it?
They talked about this coming up a while back. The guy is some famous voice over guy, and was willing to do it for free.

I like the change.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
We've gotten new voice guys a few times over the years, but usually we've just been using whoever the station was using. This guys is soley ours. It always takes a while to get the imaging to sound right and to get the delivery to sound the way we want it, so it's a work in progress, but it'll tighten up. BTW, it's not Len "Goldenthroat" O'Kelly.
OMG, this guy really sucks ass! I know it's only the first day, but suckiness is still suckiness.
born2bone Wrote:OMG, this guy really sucks ass! I know it's only the first day, but suckiness is still suckiness.

your name was Bryan at one point correct? With a Red Wings animated avatar?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
howiefeltersnatch Wrote:
born2bone Wrote:OMG, this guy really sucks ass! I know it's only the first day, but suckiness is still suckiness.

I think the wings animated avatar was zetsyuk. :?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
It's definitely different and will take some getting used to if they decide to keep it. The way they were talking about him, I expected more of a movie trailer voice.
Hey guys, remember when your favorite morning show was replaced by these idiots calling themselves Freebeer and Hotwings?
Yeah, me too. I hated them because the name was stupid and they weren't funny! I also hate change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh wait, this new voice-over guy is the exact same situation? STOP. NO. LOGIC IS NOT ALLOWED HERE.
markthevalet Wrote:Hey guys, remember when your favorite morning show was replaced by these idiots calling themselves Freebeer and Hotwings?
Yeah, me too. I hated them because the name was stupid and they weren't funny! I also hate change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh wait, this new voice-over guy is the exact same situation? STOP. NO. LOGIC IS NOT ALLOWED HERE.
Hey guys, remember when that valet came in to the thread and threw sarcasm around without reading the whole thing, including the post by one of the hosts that said it's "a work in progress?"

Oh wait, that sucked worse than the new voice-over guy's schtick? STOP. NO. SARCASM IS NOT ALLOWED HERE.
howiefeltersnatch Wrote:

Yup! that was me...now with the new board site everything is kinda screwey.
bwn7 Wrote:
markthevalet Wrote:Hey guys, remember when your favorite morning show was replaced by these idiots calling themselves Freebeer and Hotwings?

Hey guys, remember when that valet came in to the thread and threw sarcasm around without reading the whole thing, including the post by one of the hosts that said it's "a work in progress?"

Oh wait, that sucked worse than the new voice-over guy's schtick? STOP. NO. SARCASM IS NOT ALLOWED HERE.

Ha, I was thinking exactly what you were thinking, but im not that good at posting what I am thinkin. Big Grin
bwn7 Wrote:Hey guys, remember when that valet came in to the thread and threw sarcasm around without reading the whole thing, including the post by one of the hosts that said it's "a work in progress?"

Oh I get it, because Hotwings came in and said it's a work in progress, that means my argument is null and void.

STATEMENT RETRACTED.
all though I like freebeer saying phone number and email address I could listen to him talk all day he has a very nice voice. Big Grin
I don't really like or hate the voiceover guy. I'm fairly indifferent. More than anything he just keeps catching me off guard.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Not a fan.
It will take me a while to get used to, but I don't hate it :|
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
this new voice over guy reminds me of wayne's world. when they went into the studio for the first time and had that cheesy voice over guy. it sounds a little awkward...
This guys sucks, he couldn't sound less interested in the show. Get the GRD guy to do these, he's way better.
If this guy offered to do it for free, I would pay to get him off the air and put my douche voice on the air... I think I could pull it off.
I'm very curious to hear this dude tomorrow when I listen to my podcast.
I think the main reason it sucks now is because how different he sounds from anyone else talking. It's like when the guys were having microphone problems a while back. Or when you listen to a flashback either from Knoxville or even 2+ years ago, everyone sounds different because of the mics.

Once you listen enough it will fade to normal and then the old guy will be the one that sounds shitty.
The GRD guy does it for lots of radio stations. I think the whole point is that the new voice over guy is exclusive to FBHW.

I HATED the intro and outro to 'what hotwings thinks' before. So to me this new guy is a HUGE improvement.
The new voice over guy sounds a little like len o'kelly from the oldies station.
jeeps19 Wrote:The new voice over guy sounds a little like len o'kelly from the oldies station.

Really? You think? Tell us more.
I can't tell if the new VO guy is supposed to be intentionally lame and therefore funny or if he's being sincere and is therefore lame
Wowie Groovie !
Intentional
hotwings Wrote:Intentional
Never mind, then he's doing a GREAT job.
So far I don't care for him.
Sorry guys, I'm just not feeling it.
Wowie Groovie !
I'm with you, Titan...not feelin' it.
About the only new voiceover that I didn't really like was the intro to WHWT-- as nitpicky as it probably is, the deepness of the voice just seemed strange. The outro he did was fine, just that intro.

Aside from that, I thought the new voiceovers were fine with everything else. Sure, will take some time to get used to it, as with most anything new, but overall the rest of the voiceovers didn't really have that 'wierd feeling' that the WHWT into did.
Voiceover guy sounds like something from Bob and Tom. Keep up the good work, your getting better guys.
It's going to take a min to get used to but he's ok

KP
Just got done listening to Tuesday's podcast, and I thought the mixing in of sound clips with the VO when coming back from commercials was a huge improvement.
I agree, and turning the music bed down helped too. When the volume was up, it was like Zane was having a senior moment and was mashing the sound effects machine with his face.

I love being on the Spite Board Big Grin
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I'm midway through Monday's podcast.... make it stop, for the love of everything, make it stop haha I'm hopeful though that some of you say it gets better on Tuesday