Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Playoffs
It looks like the Wings will be the 2 seed in the West, Nashville could be anywhere from 6th to out of the race, and the Pens either 6th or 7th. Who do you, or don't you want your team to play in the first round?

Right now, the Ducks are sitting 7th, and I don't want Detroit to play them. They are looking like one of the hottest teams in the league right now.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
i would love a pgh philly clash but whoever comes out of that series will be brused and bloodied! so i can wait for them a round or 2. i like the matchup with the devils.

so is san jose gonna finally do something in the playoffs this year?
buffalo still hanging on by a thread...
I think it's safe to count them out. Sorry.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Predict NHL playoffs and win:
[url]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://playoffchallenge.nhl.com/#?intcmpid=nhl.com-challengerr&navid=DL|NHL|Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://playoffchallenge.nhl.com/#?intcm ... L|NHL|Home</a><!-- m -->[/url]

I took the Ducks, Wings, Vancouver, Calgary, Bruins, Caps, Devils and Flyers in the first round.
Rock Monster Wrote:Predict NHL playoffs and win:
http://playoffchallenge.nhl.com/

I took the Ducks, Wings, Vancouver, Calgary, Bruins, Caps, Devils and Flyers in the first round.

i already forgot what i picked.

there's this one too:

http://www.theahl.com/challengeentry/
So how do you see this playing out?
Just make your winning teams green and replace them with the word game for the next rounds
Stanly cup game just highlight your winner in green.
  • Round 1
    • East
      1. Boston VS. Montreal
        Pittsburgh VS. Philadelphia
        New Jersey VS. Carolina
        Washington VS. N.Y. Rangers
      West
      1. San Jose VS. Anaheim
        Chicago VS. Calgary
        Vancouver VS. St. Louis
        Detroit VS. Columbus
    Round 2
    • East
      1. Game
        Game
    • West
      1. Game
        Game
    Round 3
    • East
      1. Game
    • West
      1. Game
    Stanley Cup
    • Game

The template has been laid out for you, show your predictions. Smile
Just quote this and get rid of the quote code and all of the other text and keep the template there to fill in.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
  • Round 1
    • East
      1. Boston VS. Montreal
        New Jersey VS. Carolina
      West
      1. San Jose VS. Anaheim
        Chicago VS. Calgary
        Vancouver VS. St. Louis
        Detroit VS. Columbus
    Round 2
    • East
      1. Boston VS. Philadelphia
        Carolina VS. N.Y. Rangers
    • West
      1. Anaheim VS. Calgary
        St. Louis VS. Detroit
    Round 3
    • East
      1. Philadelphia VS. Carolina
    • West
      1. Anaheim VS. Detroit
    Stanley Cup
    • Philadelphia VS. Detroit

Here's mine.
Philly Mike Wrote:
  • Round 1
    • East
      1. Boston VS. Montreal
        New Jersey VS. Carolina
      West
      1. San Jose VS. Anaheim
        Chicago VS. Calgary
        Vancouver VS. St. Louis
        Detroit VS. Columbus
    Round 2
    • East
      1. Boston VS. Philadelphia
        Carolina VS. N.Y. Rangers
    • West
      1. Anaheim VS. Calgary
        St. Louis VS. Detroit
    Round 3
    • East
      1. Philadelphia VS. Carolina
    • West
      1. Anaheim VS. Detroit
    Stanley Cup

Here's mine.

The problem with this is that Boston would play the Rangers in the 2nd round, and Detroit would play Anaheim. The highest seed always plays the lowest seed in the NHL Playoffs. (this is still true, right?)
Round 1

East
Boston VS. Montreal
New Jersey VS. Carolina
West
San Jose VS. Anaheim
Chicago VS. Calgary
Vancouver VS. St. Louis
Detroit VS. Columbus

Round 2

East
Boston vs Philly
New Jersey vs Washington

West
Detroit vs Anaheim
Calgary vs Vancouver

Round 3

East
New Jersey vs Boston

West
Detroit vs Calgary

Stanley Cup

Detroit vs New Jersey
Rock Monster Wrote:The problem with this is that Boston would play the Rangers in the 2nd round, and Detroit would play Anaheim. The highest seed always plays the lowest seed in the NHL Playoffs. (this is still true, right?)
Really ??? i thought they always went through the brackets in normal playoff fashon.
Either way i have a wings flyers cup.
Rock Monster Wrote:The problem with this is that Boston would play the Rangers in the 2nd round, and Detroit would play Anaheim. The highest seed always plays the lowest seed in the NHL Playoffs. (this is still true, right?)
it is still true. I never really paid attention to the playoff structure just looked it up about the first and second round thing.
here is the new setup for the second round on

Round 2
  • East
    1. Carolina VS. Philadelphia
      Boston VS. N.Y. Rangers
  • West
    1. St. Louis VS. Calgary
      Anaheim VS. Detroit
Round 3
  • East
    1. Philadelphia VS. N.Y. Rangers
  • West
    1. Calgary VS. Detroit
Stanley Cup

It did change my pics a little bit.
none of you giving the pens any respect! its gonna end up biting you
alpacafarmer Wrote:none of you giving the pens any respect! its gonna end up biting you
I think the pens will put up a fight, but i am a philly boy, and the flyers are my team.
Updates after all first games have been played:

Boston leads Montreal 1-0
New York Rangers leads Washington 1-0
New Jersey leads Carolina 1-0
Pittsburgh leads Philly 1-0

Anaheim leads San Jose 1-0
Detroit leads Columbus 1-0
Vancouver leads St. louis 1-0
Chicago leads Calgary 1-0
Blue Jackets' Ken Hitchcock says Red Wings cheat in faceoff circle, so his team will follow
by Ansar Khan
Friday April 17, 2009, 3:11 PM
Update from Blue Jackets practice: Coach Ken Hitchcock wasn't happy with his team's performance in the faceoff circle Thursday, especially the second half of the game. He thinks he knows why the Wings dominated in that area.

"I was thinking about this this morning after watching the tape. I don't think Detroit would do anything in drag racing, because they would never pass the Christmas Tree test. The would be red-lighted (for a false start) every time because their wingers cheat,'' Hitchcock said. "So we're going to cheat just like they are. The power-play goal they scored, their winger went in on the move, good for him. We're going to do the same thing. It'll be interesting to see who gets kicked out first.''

Hitchcock said he'll make some lineup changes for Game 2 but wouldn't elaborate.

OK... IF the wings really are "cheating," I can understand bringing attention to it. But to say that they are going to do it too? How dumb are you? There's no way you can get away with it now. I also though that Hitchcock had more class than that. Apparently I was wrong.
Boston leads Montreal 2-0
New York Rangers leads Washington 2-0
New Jersey leads Carolina 2-1
Pittsburgh leads Philly 2-1

Anaheim leads San Jose 2-0
Detroit leads Columbus 2-0
Vancouver leads St. louis 3-0
Chicago leads Calgary 2-0

Why dies the NHL schedule games so that some series have their game 3's done (NJ v CAR; PIT v PHI) before other series even start the game 2's? (ANA v SJ)
Rock Monster Wrote:Boston leads Montreal 2-0
New York Rangers leads Washington 2-0
New Jersey leads Carolina 2-1
Pittsburgh leads Philly 2-1

Anaheim leads San Jose 2-0
Detroit leads Columbus 2-0
Vancouver leads St. louis 3-0
Chicago leads Calgary 2-0

Why dies the NHL schedule games so that some series have their game 3's done (NJ v CAR; PIT v PHI) before other series even start the game 2's? (ANA v SJ)

Probably the same reason they act retarded and reseed after the first round.
Boston leads Montreal 3-0
New York Rangers leads Washington 2-1
New Jersey and Carolina tied 2-2
Pittsburgh leads Philly 3-1

Anaheim leads San Jose 2-1
Detroit leads Columbus 3-0
Vancouver wins series vs St. louis 4-0
Chicago leads Calgary 2-1

Round 2
Vanvouver
?s of the night?

first off who wins the 04 stanley cup?? dont tell me.. im watching game 7 of calgery and tampa bay!
I was prolly stoned the who year back then so i sure as hell dont remember!!

will boston and detroit sweep?

has anyone watched boston? not sure who to be more worried to play here in the east. boston.. who the pens played well against all year.. or the devils if they make it.
alpacafarmer Wrote:?s of the night?

first off who wins the 04 stanley cup?? dont tell me.. im watching game 7 of calgery and tampa bay!
I was prolly stoned the who year back then so i sure as hell dont remember!!

will boston and detroit sweep?

has anyone watched boston? not sure who to be more worried to play here in the east. boston.. who the pens played well against all year.. or the devils if they make it.

Boston has already won, so yes, and I do believe that Detroit will take care of the Jackets tonight. They just look outmanned.

If the Pens win, you should want to play NJ. Boston looks really good.

Reguardless of who makes the finals, the West looks like they are ready to take it. The East is playing really sloppy and slow.
Daily Update:

Boston wins series vs Montreal 4-0
New York Rangers leads Washington 3-1
New Jersey and Carolina tied 2-2
Pittsburgh leads Philly 3-1

Anaheim leads San Jose 2-1
Detroit leads Columbus 3-0
Chicago and Calgary tied 2-2

Round 2
Boston
Vanvouver
What a game. that was an awesome swing of momentum when talbot fought that bum! Great game!

and if carolia and the rangers win pens can keep home ice adv...
Daily Update:

New York Rangers and Washington tied 3-3
New Jersey and Carolina tied 3-3
Pittsburgh win series vs Philly 4-2

Anaheim leads San Jose 3-2
Detroit wins series vs Columbus 4-0
Chicago leads Calgary 3-2

Round 2

Boston
Pittsburgh

Vanvouver
Detroit
Daily Update:

New York Rangers and Washington tied 3-3
New Jersey and Carolina tied 3-3
Pittsburgh win series vs Philly 4-2

Anaheim wins series vs San Jose 4-2
Detroit wins series vs Columbus 4-0
Chicago wins series vs Calgary 4-2

Round 2

Boston (vs either Rangers, New Jersey, or Carolina)
Pittsburgh (vs either Washington, New Jersey, or Carolina)

Chicago vs Vanvouver
Anaheim vs Detroit
surprised nobody has mentioned the hit on hudler from yesterday:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfRk5fehes[/youtube]

thoughts?
also, game 1 washington vs pittsburgh was awesome. especially how crosby, ovechkin and malkin were all on the same ice... and varlamov stole the show.
dingdongyo Wrote:surprised nobody has mentioned the hit on hudler from yesterday:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfRk5fehes[/youtube]

thoughts?
Fucking douchebag. Did you notice how he led with the butt-end of his stick to his face?
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
not excited about being down 0-2.. but if your a hockey fan this series as a damn good one!! wow.. both games have been awsome!!
Wings got robbed last night. FU Ref!!!!
BWN 7 Wrote:Wings got robbed last night. FU Ref!!!!

I DVR'ed it, but now that I know they lost I probably won't watch it. (unless there are some good highlights to watch for) What happened?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
BWN 7 Wrote:Wings got robbed last night. FU Ref!!!!

I DVR'ed it, but now that I know they lost I probably won't watch it. (unless there are some good highlights to watch for) What happened?
I wouldn't watch it, you'll just get pissed, the officiating was brutal. The fact that I stayed up past 1 am to watch it only adds to my rage.

I linked it instead of embedding it just in case you don't want the spoiler, this is the point where we got robbed:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5FHOLWM_k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5FHOLWM_k</a><!-- m -->

Sick
Grrrrrrrrrr........... It looked like to me the whistle blew a tenth of a second AFTER the puck went in.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Grrrrrrrrrr........... It looked like to me the whistle blew a tenth of a second AFTER the puck went in.
you're right. it goes by the ref's intent, which was before it ended up in the net, but that was still a terrible call. i'd rather watch detroit lose on their own merits.

all rounds of these playoffs have been the most exciting in recent memory. tons of last minute goals. i just watched detroit make 2 in 1 game. and it's only 2nd intermission.
Wings/Blackhawks for the Western Conference crown. Red WIngs know how to give their fans anxiety attacks with the way this game went. Glad Stuart gave Selanne a bloody nose too. Can the Red Wings beat the Dicks? Hell yeah!
pens are knockin on the door of revenge! if its wings pens again this year its gonna be great!!
Did anyone notice last night when Hiller got hit that dude said there was "carnage at the crease"? I started to giggle and got a look from someone that said I was stupid. Was this wrong?
The next day my alarm goes off and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense I JIZZED IN MY PANTS
lets go pens!
Red Wings are still the team to beat. What a great game. Too bad Datsyuk and Hossa aren't scoring.
Wheels fell off the wagon for the Blackhawks this afternoon. Could we see a repeat of last years Cup Final? Wings look great even without Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Draper.